Hi club members,I have just bought a non running QD Blackfoot which I've now got up and running (by changing the on/off switch.However the controls are reversed ie the throttle operates the steering and the steering works the forward and reverse.Any ideas why this could be?,are QD vehicles made any differently to the kits?I've tried a few controllers and different crystals.Any insight would be much appreciated.I bought this to introduce my young son to Tamiya until he's old enough for a self build.He could use it as is but I'd prefer it if I could get it going as per normal operation.Thanks in advance,gary

Sounds like the ESC and steering servo leads are in the wrong sockets on the receiver, ave you tried swapping them over?

• Like 1

You need the original controller, you can't swap the channels with the original internal electronics as the servo electronics are on the mainboard. They can be replaced though, a standard servo fits with small modifications. Or modify a remote, swap channels.

• Like 1

Thanks guys,looks like he'll be using it backwards unless I can pick up an original controller (it didn't come with one)

Modify the remote, switch the wires between the 2 gimbals. Usually only 3 leads each, so 6 solder points.

• Like 2

Some of the "better" old TXes had their gimbals screwed to the case (some could adjust for angle),

if you're lucky you could just unscrew & swap over if the wires were long enough.

• Like 1

Thanks guys,I'm going down the re-solder route.

Steve is that called thinking outside the box?

Looks like WillyChang takes first prize,the old Acoms transmitter gimbals are screwed in place with just enough cable to swap them over.All in all an easy fix really,thanks for all the comments,no doubt I'll be back soon with another question ;-)