essexbill

Snetterton and Clumber and Iconic at Grantham

So we have an event in Nottinghamshire, Norfolk, and Lincolnshire!

All doable for me but is there never anything nearer London.

How do the people in the South West get On?

DT-02 Challenge Event is at Farnborough, but that's only annually I'm afraid.

• Like 1

I would rename this thread to something like 'London Meet' or 'Home Counties Meet' and try and rally some support.

You will need someone very committed though and the main issue is finding land.

If you want to use a track for a private hire then it is wise to ensure all attendees have a BRCA license. That is usually the sticking point but BRCA is only £17 from Dec to Dec which is a bargain and then the main (tiny) hurdle is out of the way.

If any meets get arranged and I am free, I would love to come. We're lucky to live in a very small country and I personally think no where is too far but I do appreciate fuel costs are high.

• Like 3

Totally agree with JWeston comments 100% above and willing to support/join you if you get something going!

• Like 1

So we have an event in Nottinghamshire, Norfolk, and Lincolnshire!

All doable for me but is there never anything nearer London.

How do the people in the South West get On?

The guys above are spot on, maybe you could see if the track facilities at Fairlop Waters in Essex are available for hire.

I wanted to try and arrange a big, formal, vintage SRB meet on a beach. I was bombarded by health and safety red tape every time I contacted a different council. So much so it wore me down and put me off the idea.

It does seem that traveling to these current meets is the easiest way to meet like minded people and have a blast..

:)

• Like 2

Yep i agree with every post here

you have to be willing to travel and need to be really committed to making it work

some great comments everyone.

I have got to try and get some time off at weekends to visit a couple of local clubs and see if they would be interested in getting involved in something next year.

yep mite be nice to get more events like the revival meet going just 2 or 3 spaced out through year