Has anybody noticed or come across this problem?I've recently bought an already built BMW sti on a TA02 chassis,and the rear suspension doesn't look right.I've stripped it to add steel bearings and checked everything out,I had to replace the adjustable steering links on the front as fixed/short ones were fitted and the wrong hub link arms were fitted on the rear.I'm pretty sure all the right parts are now on.I have a manual (thanks to Tamiyaclub) and a TA01 chassis to compare.What I don't like is the fact that the rear hubs touch the springs on full extension.I'll probably fit the springs outside the bottom arms TA01 style as shown in the picture with the long screws (instead of inside the bottom arm as per the manual).I'd love to hear any thoughts or solutions if I have inadvertently cocked it up ;-),thanks in advance,gary

That's a great looking truck,the bottom arms on your rear suspension are the same as TA01 I think.On the TA02 I have the springs fit inside the bottom arm in a slot bringing the dampers into contact with the hubs,my photo didn't upload for some reason :-/

Yes, I confirm it, with original rear hubs and full rally extension the damper springs are very close to the top of the rear hubs, where the upper link arms are screwed. I filed the plastic a little bit then I replaced the rear hubs with GPM alloy ones that are smaller and have more clearance.

Max

• Like 1

Thanks Max,it's not just me then...phew!

Percymon that's an awesome showroom,now I know I can buy a few more kits without feeling guilty!!!

Percymon that's an awesome showroom,now I know I can buy a few more kits without feeling guilty!!!

Many thanks. But Jedi Knight, first you need to become master of moving models silently and invisibly past your loved one's eyes. Having a separate bank account helps a lot too :D :D

• Like 1

That's a bit scary P,as it happens I have a substantial collection of Vintage Star Wars memorabilia,maybe I could swap an AT-AT for a Lancia Delta Integrale or an AT-ST for a Monte Carlo Mini,she's not very observant so she probably wouldn't notice.Got my own bank account too so what's to lose ;-)

That's a bit scary P,as it happens I have a substantial collection of Vintage Star Wars memorabilia,maybe I could swap an AT-AT for a Lancia Delta Integrale or an AT-ST for a Monte Carlo Mini,she's not very observant so she probably wouldn't notice.Got my own bank account too so what's to lose ;-)

Prepared well you are young Jedi

go for it :lol: