TWINSET

Super Champ re-release - Fighting Buggy

holy criznap! i have been out of the loop. i just saw this and i am super (champ?) pumped!

this is a must-get for me. did it just go on sale? i only see it on stella currently...

Stella just took my $$$ never been so happy to part with it. Will be cool to compare the two Champ kits, the old and the new side by side.

Stella just took my $$$ never been so happy to part with it. Will be cool to compare the two Champ kits, the old and the new side by side.

Your lucky to have the original super champ nib? The closest i got is a very slightly used super champ..

I better post my super champs before they all come out.... :):)

Stella's price $335. Last time i looked it was $245. ? & now it's $335. pre order .

Looks like i won't be getting one / two or three , May just get parts & lots of bodys .

I got mine for $235USD Stella preorder with the so called $100 discount subtracted from $335 at the checkout screen. Not too sure where the $335 price came from. Looks like the general pricing is normally $245 from Stella.

With the gaining strength of the US Dollar in recent weeks, the purchase was quite a bit more than i had bargained for when I made the preorder a month or so ago based on Aussie dollars. Oh well it's worth it.

I noticed Banzai have them for $224USD without ESC.

Anyone seen spare bodyshell and parts for sale yet?

RC Mart has it for $239.90 without ESC. Yeah sure is nice to get back into this hobby 3 or 4 yrs. ago. I recalled several years ago it was going for over $400.00 from a seller in Japan that some of us hate and will never buy from again (mainly he blocks you if you have an issue with him :lol: )and some just find him great.

As much as I want this, just cannot because of space issue. I know my future great grand son will make lots of money if i buy it and leave it to him. :D

RC Mart has it for $239.90 without ESC. Yeah sure is nice to get back into this hobby 3 or 4 yrs. ago. I recalled several years ago it was going for over $400.00 from a seller in Japan that some of us hate and will never buy from again (mainly he blocks you if you have an issue with him :lol: )and some just find him great.

As much as I want this, just cannot because of space issue. I know my future great grand son will make lots of money if i buy it and leave it to him. :D

I know what you mean about space. This fighting buggy has to be my last. Unless they re-re the Blazing Blazer, then I need a house extension without question! :)

Stella's price $335. Last time i looked it was $245. ? & now it's $335. pre order .

Looks like i won't be getting one / two or three , May just get parts & lots of bodys .

Looks to be $245 on my screen, plus shipping - makes it ca $308 shipped air parcel - under £200

good buy compared to the Sand Scorcher kits really - I still have my original to strip n rebuild, so not jumping on this one just yet

Can't find any explanation for the wellnuts - they for wedging a 7.2v stick pack in?

wellnut3.jpg

wellnut1.jpg

wellnut2.jpg

the well nuts as stoppers and a velcro strap through the slots in the chassis plate would make some sense to hold a lipo or 7.2V stick pack in place, albeit the srap would be subject to wear from impacts

I suppose it depends on how close the top deck comes to the battery - the rear posts, gearbox 'recess' and wellnuts should be enough to trap the battery (if that's what they're for), and a piece of foam or soft rubber stuck to the underside of the top deck would prevent any vertical movement

These wellnuts are a little cone shaped are they? I don't like the idea they are holding a battery in place as the battery may be pressed from the bottom up? But i don't see another sense in these wellnuts for now :blink:

I got mine for $235USD Stella preorder with the so called $100 discount subtracted from $335 at the checkout screen. Not too sure where the $335 price came from. Looks like the general pricing is normally $245 from Stella.

With the gaining strength of the US Dollar in recent weeks, the purchase was quite a bit more than i had bargained for when I made the preorder a month or so ago based on Aussie dollars. Oh well it's worth it.

I noticed Banzai have them for $224USD without ESC.

Anyone seen spare bodyshell and parts for sale yet?

<<< This is what i'm waiting for ( bodys )

Tower is starting to invoice for them now. My two kits are likely shipping tomorrow.

These wellnuts are a little cone shaped are they? I don't like the idea they are holding a battery in place as the battery may be pressed from the bottom up? But i don't see another sense in these wellnuts for now :blink:

These ones look different - more tubular. However, the shape of those well nuts also depends on how far they are screwed into the chassis plate. Leave it relatively loose, and the shape will not compromise their purpose (whatever that may be). And if it is to hold a stick-pack battery, its rubber composition should give it some grip on the pack anyways.

The shape's not going to matter a lot as the battery can't go up much because of the top deck.

If they are for battery retention it seems a touch overkill when a couple of alu posts would do, as per the MK I

Be interesting to see the correlation between TC forum traffic and the sales figure on each new release or re- release models and to their forcasted numbers.

As much as i like this SC/FB, will be a no for me due to Scopion took the limited space i have. Mind you if both came out at the same time, i will likely go for the SC to complete that metal chassis buggy series. I guess will have to settle for 2 out of 3.

Having said all that with space as the main issue...if the Blazer is re release, i will find space...somehow.

Mine arrived today from Hong Kong. Very Happy. I was expecting a delay with all the protests going on over there etc... It arrived as normal.

I still have to do a double take when I see the words Super Champ gone on the box cover!

• Like 2

yeah....I have had super champ in my head for years...not fighting buggy....im still getting use to buggy champ also...anybody got any hop up parts they are gonna put on their fighting buggy?

• Like 1

Mine arrived today from Hong Kong. Very Happy. I was expecting a delay with all the protests going on over there etc... It arrived as normal.

I still have to do a double take when I see the words Super Champ gone on the box cover!

& because of you , i have ordered one Grr . Now where are the bodys & bumpers , come on !!! .
  • Like 1

With the gaining strength of the US Dollar in recent weeks, the purchase was quite a bit more than i had bargained for when I made the preorder a month or so ago based on Aussie dollars. Oh well it's worth

I know mate.. the ozi dollar is sinking to the USA dollar.. I to have a pre-order from Stella, no word yet from them when my order is shipped. I hope your original super champ i sold you is still on the shelf queen stable..? :) I was considering to end my re-re tamiya fetish, unless ths blazing blazer was reborn.. then kyosho start doing re-re's ha! So im now getting the kyosho re-re's in future as well... Darn the re-re's so many this yr i better start doing O/T at work.. cheers.

I know mate.. the ozi dollar is sinking to the USA dollar.. I to have a pre-order from Stella, no word yet from them when my order is shipped. I hope your original super champ i sold you is still on the shelf queen stable..? :) cheers.

I am sure you will get word soon. Yes i still got the Super Champ. Hasn't moved from the shelf, been almost 5 years now. Scary!