TWINSET

Super Champ re-release - Fighting Buggy

Glad to see is no big issue. Else look at it in another way...better a split blister than a split body shell.

One of the kits I got from Tower was split around the motor, too, Wandy. Tower never opens the boxes (they are shrink-wrapped by TamiyaUSA anyway) and protection is minimal during shipping.

I haven't opened the second box (keeping it NIB), so don't know if it too has a split, although I fully expect it to.

Glad to see is no big issue. Else look at it in another way...better a split blister than a split body shell.

Speaking of the body shell, the new shell is definitely a brighter blue than the original. I also think the plastic is less brittle than the original.

The new shell says >ABS< while the original shell has no indicator of the type of plastic.

So, it's the original mold, different plastic.

IMO it's a good thing because the original shell was always quite brittle, even when brand new.

• Like 1

Just received a new fighting buggy! Its awesome... No damages on the blister pack or anything.. It will be built in a few days.. :) :)

sp4_zps3ffb709c.jpg

sp3_zps7dd40a71.jpg

sp2_zps99ac6057.jpg

• Like 1

can someone from TC that has purchased a SC/FB let me know of the box size, more importantly the height of the box? Thanks Gens and ladies.

can someone from TC that has purchased a SC/FB let me know of the box size, more importantly the height of the box? Thanks Gens and ladies.

Length 22 3/4 inches

Width 15 inches

Height 5 3/4 inches

• Like 1

Length 22 3/4 inches

Width 15 inches

Height 5 3/4 inches

Thanks Cooltoys. Now is 5.75in question. Do i have that clearance under my bed. The price is good. I remembered several years ago Nib was going for $400.00 while the RR or SC was going for even more.
  • Like 1

Seems like Tamiya has stepped up the game on this one. Looks great in the box, and with blisters. Even the price seems decent.

Guess Kyosho and the A-team have made them focus on what we really want :)

• Like 1

Seems like you'll have to get a new bed as well :D

Or he may have too put his Bed on blocks :D .. As that would give you room for a few more :lol: ..

• Like 3

I only just realised today that the kit does not come with an ESC. Is that the case with all of their limited edition kits?

5.75 in. too high :( rc mart has 1 remaining at $240.00 ...another batch is on its way?

Sold out now. Was it you who nabbed the last one?

5.75 in. too high :( rc mart has 1 remaining at $240.00 ...another batch is on its way?

May I suggest swapping out your current bed for a set of bunk beds. Then just throw the bottom bunk out the window, this will give you room to store a pretty serious amount of kits under ya bed. ;)

• Like 4

I only just realised today that the kit does not come with an ESC. Is that the case with all of their limited edition kits?

Sold out now. Was it you who nabbed the last one?

Not me, just no room. :(

Seems like you'll have to get a new bed as well :D

Or he may have too put his Bed on blocks :D .. As that would give you room for a few more :lol: ..

May I suggest swapping out your current bed for a set of bunk beds. Then just throw the bottom bunk out the window, this will give you room to store a pretty serious amount of kits under ya bed. ;)

Got to think outside the box/bed. :D
The problem is my bed is build into the floor with storage space underneath it and is prop up with two hydrolic pistons like those of a hatch back. I already got rid of my airsoft and the space is already filled up with other kits, which can't decide to sell or hang onto. Collecting is never ending. Got to be like Budda, owns nothing, no worries and truely burden free of owerdship. But that day has not arrived yet. :rolleyes:
  • Like 1

I think I have enough body sets now. :P

This was no spur of the moment decision to get another three though. As soon as this kit was announced in August I knew I would be getting them as I have long been of the opinion that this buggy looks better in alternative colours and schemes after viewing other people's examples in the showrooms.

champ004_zps509e0ce1.jpg

I think I have enough body sets now. :P

This was no spur of the moment decision to get another three though. As soon as this kit was announced in August I knew I would be getting them as I have long been of the opinion that this buggy looks better in alternative colours and schemes after viewing other people's examples in the showrooms.

champ004_zps509e0ce1.jpg

Ok !! nice haul you have , NOW the big question is WHERE did you get them from ? . I have not see them

for sale yet , did see samurai-japan-2009 had one , but that went fast .

Whats the price are these going for ?. Thanks

Ok !! nice haul you have , NOW the big question is WHERE did you get them from ? . I have not see them

for sale yet , did see samurai-japan-2009 had one , but that went fast .

Whats the price are these going for ?. Thanks

Yep, I got the first three from samurai-japan-2009. He listed another three this morning but they have all been sold already. He will list more, no doubt about it. Just keep an eye on his ebay page.

With combined postage I paid $212.00 for the three sets, which worked out at just under £45 each. Not as cheap as the official Sand Scorcher and Buggy Champ body sets, but then again I am not sure that they will even release an official Fighting Buggy one.

Yep, I got the first three from samurai-japan-2009. He listed another three this morning but they have all been sold already. He will list more, no doubt about it. Just keep an eye on his ebay page.

OK , thanks . I have been looking , but must be missing it sadly .

He had them for $63US .

OK , thanks . I have been looking , but must be missing it sadly .

He had them for $63US .

Yeah, they are selling quickly. Having said that though, the ones I got had been listed for 12 hours and nobody had swooped for them. I took the plunge on three so that I could combine the postage costs.

• Like 2

I found some hopup parts so far, twin bearing A arms, Thorpe heavy duty rear axles, crp rear stabilizer etc. I have collected other parts as well, but i have to do some more deeper digging, i know i also have crp tires & buggy champ ball diff's & chassis parts, but my inventory is all over the shop., yes im unorganized :) sorry you have to click the link for the pix ,im having trouble adding pix direct from picassa via Mobile phone.

The crp oils.. im not sure if there recommended though.? Should i use the shock oils...? Cheers.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-rpOMl5W2YSA/VEMXKqybnjI/AAAAAAAAAIY/j1-IaZVKgjk/s800/IMAG0472-1-1.jpg

• Like 1

$63 excluding pp. is a bit pricey and not what i had in mind if that is gonna be the expected price for a body set... But good on Ebay seller Samurai-Japan-2009 for selling them. Dealt with him lot's of times mainly for vintage 3 speed parts and he is great!

Considering it has been almost 1 month since the release I was expecting more options to buy the body sets by now and maybe around $40-$45! Maybe wait another month or so....

$63 excluding pp. is a bit pricey and not what i had in mind if that is gonna be the expected price for a body set... But good on Ebay seller Samurai-Japan-2009 for selling them. Dealt with him lot's of times mainly for vintage 3 speed parts and he is great!

Considering it has been almost 1 month since the release I was expecting more options to buy the body sets by now and maybe around $40-$45! Maybe wait another month or so....

Yer !! & i didn't see alot of people selling the kits . Ebay should have been bomb barded with them by now & the parts

are slow getting out as well . $63. is too high i think + pp & postage costs .

I'm hoping jr-rc will have them soon , but he is getting pricey as well

on some things . Have not even seen bumpers yet ! . Mr T has the prime to turn over some money on these items .

Bring on the parts i say . ( cheap i hope )

• Like 1

Yer !! & i didn't see alot of people selling the kits . Ebay should have been bomb barded with them by now & the parts

are slow getting out as well . $63. is too high i think + pp & postage costs .

I'm hoping jr-rc will have them soon , but he is getting pricey as well

on some things . Have not even seen bumpers yet ! . Mr T has the prime to turn over some money on these items .

Bring on the parts i say . ( cheap i hope )

Part for part, jr-rc's stuff is almost identically priced to samurai-japan (and samurai is cheaper in some cases) so I would expect Jason will charge a similar amount for the FB body parts. I think the reason for the high price is likely to be because it won't be officially released as a body set and the parts will be available quite sparingly, much like those of the Egress.

I too have been looking out for re-re bodies.. maybe we wait it out & see if sellers go with close to original factory prices.. surely tamiya know we wan..t extra bodies.. they would make big $$..