TWINSET

Super Champ re-release - Fighting Buggy

Buggy Champ body where gone in a split sec and was so for two/three months after that it was easier to get.

Badboy

• Like 2

I've almost given up trying to find & buy a fighting buggy body kit at an average price for spares.. would've thought they would be available, like when the buggy champ was released..

I've almost given up trying to find & buy a fighting buggy body kit at an average price for spares.. would've thought they would be available, like when the buggy champ was released..

What ! like these :D .

0c320188cbc4dd566d23981e6015b4e6_zps40be

Would have thought more would be around by now ?.

• Like 1

do the Re-re bodies fit on the originals?

I noticed the mechanism deck is different

how are they limiting travel on the rear shocks?

Also, is the upper mechanism tray compatible with the old chassis? it looks like it's longer in the rear (or the rear mounting posts are further forward)

I have just recieved 3 Fighting Buggy bodies and 2 full kits from Tamico.de. :D

Almost 4 months on since this release a few things i have noticed about this kit.

1. Must be a seriously limited release.

2. My local hobby shop had indicated that it was going to be a stock item since early december, today mid January still nothing on the shelves. The shop manager rekons they probably have missed the boat on this one now.

3. Prices on Ebay range now from $350 to $700 for a kit.

4. Complete spare parts really don't appear to exist. Lucky for a few.

The kit i purchased late September from Stella remains unopened. Looks to remain that way. I am using my vintage Superchamp as a runnabout, even prior to this re-release. I am happy the kit has gained a bit of value! I did want to run the snot out of a rere with parts support, not the case.

Yeah, this one seems to be going the same way as the Egress...a blink and you miss it affair, with the only spares available being body parts, decals and wheels. And even those are only available sparingly from the usual ebay sellers based in Japan.

And just like the Egress, the main chassis components are nowhere to be seen as spares.

Quite ridiculous, really.

• Like 2

Yeah, this one seems to be going the same way as the Egress...a blink and you miss it affair, with the only spares available being body parts, decals and wheels. And even those are only available sparingly from the usual ebay sellers based in Japan.

And just like the Egress, the main chassis components are nowhere to be seen as spares.

Quite ridiculous, really.

It's a little dissapointing to read this. One of the draw cards for going with a quality and reputable company is spares backup. I hope this is just a supply chain glitch and not Tamiya's idea of a 're-release'.

Joke Edit: I found a clip of the entire 2015 allocation of Fighting Buggy spares being shipped from Shizuoka:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMA1lTYQvfE#t=36

• Like 5

Does anyone know this seller...? http://www.modellbau-seidel.de/ Fairly good price...

together with tamico.de one of the best tamiya seller from/in Germany. Both of them have cost me a fortune. (Even with good prices ;-) )
  • Like 3

Does anyone know this seller...? http://www.modellbau-seidel.de/ Fairly good price..

Fastest Seller in Germany, i spent thousands of Euros to them in the last 4 Years. They ship orders within minutes. Last order was placed 16:41, shipped 16:56. Good prices, large selection of items.

• Like 2

Seidel got some good prices, but the service sucks. I ordered a static model-kit as a gift for a friend, the box got damaged in transit.

I couldn't give that kit to friend (it looked very horrible), so Seidel told me "a good builder... and blah, blah, blah". On my own expense I had to send it back to Seidel ,

and received no refund for the shipping cost. Tamico is way better, they offer you a refund for damaged products (you can still use).

Don´t think there will be any spares for the Fighting Buggy. If so the bay would be filled by now. Perhaps this re-release will be a modern classic?

Don´t think there will be any spares for the Fighting Buggy. If so the bay would be filled by now. Perhaps this re-release will be a modern classic?

As for almost all Tamiya products, all spare parts can be ordered from Tamiya, and online shops like Tamico and Seidel have most Fighting Buggy parts in stock. It's just that some Tamiya country distributors don't care / are lazy or ignorant and this often gives the impression that part support isn't good, when in fact it's absolutely brilliant from Tamiya (Japan).

• Like 2

Hi guys! I've been looking for body sets for this - anyone know where to buy from? Thx

Yup, been watching the price go down on Tower everyday. Yesterday it was $263, the other day it was $268. How low do you think it will go? They originally had it for $350+

I need to learn to stop pre-ordering kits from Tower, even for the "limited edition" ones. Could have saved a bundle. Mountain Rider, too.

• Like 1