TWINSET

Super Champ re-release - Fighting Buggy

Tower hobbies price back now to $350. It went as low as $244 yesterday and with Super Saver Club $35 off $225, it would have been only $209 with free shipping to the US.

Ended up ordering my second Fighting Buggy from Omni Models (sister company of Tower), they still have it for $232 with free shipping, but their only coupon code is $15 off $150. Final price of $216.99, still a good price :)

Omni is the best I found so far as price/postage. There was places with lower prices but had nil stock.

As for almost all Tamiya products, all spare parts can be ordered from Tamiya, and online shops like Tamico and Seidel have most Fighting Buggy parts in stock. It's just that some Tamiya country distributors don't care / are lazy or ignorant and this often gives the impression that part support isn't good, when in fact it's absolutely brilliant from Tamiya (Japan).

Quick heads up for those in the UK. I wanted to replace the complete Sand Scorcher chassis with one from the Fighting Buggy and managed to source every single part via time-Tunnel Models / Goldstar stockists. They order them directly from Japan and it takes 4-6 weeks to get them but every single part i wanted was available.

• Like 1

Quick heads up for those in the UK. I wanted to replace the complete Sand Scorcher chassis with one from the Fighting Buggy and managed to source every single part via time-Tunnel Models / Goldstar stockists. They order them directly from Japan and it takes 4-6 weeks to get them but every single part i wanted was available.

How much did the parts cost?

How much did the parts cost?

£90 for the full chassis set up so not cheap? But that is every single part. I mulled over just buying a NIB FB for £239 but I just do not need any other parts and figured I would be unlikely to make the £149 back selling the leftovers.

£90 for the full chassis set up so not cheap? But that is every single part. I mulled over just buying a NIB FB for £239 but I just do not need any other parts and figured I would be unlikely to make the £149 back selling the leftovers.

Would you mind giving a breakdown of the cost of each individual part?

samurai-japan-2009 has body sets back in stock. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAMIYA-1-10-Fighting-Buggy-2014-body-and-decals-84389-/252007745641?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aacd50869

If you've been wanting a set then you had best be quick, he hasn't had any in stock since before Xmas last year. And taking that into account, there is no guarantee he will get any more.

All eight of them sold within 2 hours. Had a feeling that might happen. :)

Not surprising really though, they simply haven't been available at all since last Autumn. I think only 3 or 4 of them have come up this year....and that was for the main bodyshell alone.

Glade i have all ready got mine :D. I still have to get bumpers yet :( . But too tight to hit the BIN button :lol: .

Aussie $$ not to good Sadly :( ..So it's put a hold on alot of stuff for now & i'm looking to buy a house .

Need some where to all my RC stuff :lol: .. May need a big house then :(

• Like 3

Hopefully this means that spare parts are finally starting to become more widely available.

Aren't those just split from kits though?

When the body has been available, I've only seen the shell (the blue bit) in a bag on its own, not a partial body set like that (no clip, screws etc)

figbug.jpg

Aren't those just split from kits though? When the body has been available, I've only seen the shell (the blue bit) in a bag on its own, not a partial body set like that (no clip, screws etc)

Not sure, but I don't think so. That guy selling them, samurai-japan-2009, seems to have access to rare spare parts that are only available in Japan, particularly body sets and wheels/tyres. He used to get loads of Avante Black Special parts, still gets the Egress body parts and now seems to be sourcing large quantities of Fighting Buggy body parts.

I think he sources the parts individually and then puts them together as "sets" himself.

• Like 1

Not sure, but I don't think so. That guy selling them, samurai-japan-2009, seems to have access to rare spare parts that are only available in Japan, particularly body sets and wheels/tyres. He used to get loads of Avante Black Special parts, still gets the Egress body parts and now seems to be sourcing large quantities of Fighting Buggy body parts.

I think he sources the parts individually and then puts them together as "sets" himself.

Yer , Just like JR-RC does .

I would buy 5 or 10 of the same thing & they would be in it's own bag with part number etc on it .

So i would say they can get parts bags of bodys , arms or what ever .

And he sold another 5 yesterday. Hopefully this means that spare parts are finally starting to become more widely available.

Another 8 sold within hours. All 29 he has had in the last 2 weeks have gone almost immediately. He can't keep up with the demand, lol.

I need a few of those for my runner & restoration.. I'll still try to fix the broken ones..

I just grabbed some body shell kits just on there own from jason for a small fortune... with our low ozi dollar currency compared to the U.S 😯 but 20 sets were sold in around 6 hrs or less i think.. i didn't want to mess around anymore trying to find bargains so i got some.. they were $22.00 u.s each.

Also is the fighting buggy gearbox, shock arms different than the buggy champs?

I have not opened my fighting buggy kit yet. Cheers

I just grabbed some body shell kits just on there own from jason for a small fortune... with our low ozi dollar currency compared to the U.S but 20 sets were sold in around 6 hrs or less i think.. i didn't want to mess around anymore trying to find bargains so i got some.. they were $22.00 u.s each.

Also is the fighting buggy gearbox, shock arms different than the buggy champs?

I have not opened my fighting buggy kit yet. Cheers

Gearbox has a bigger hole for the swing arm mount.

Gearbox has a bigger hole for the swing arm mount.? Im planning on building my fighting buggy soon. What spares do i need for the fighting buggy for longivity of use.? So are the rear suspension lower arms different to the buggy champs or are they the same fitment.? Will i need a spare gear box & rear end shock parts for spares. i just don't want to be out of parts when i build this beast and run it at my local track.. are the rear end parts interchangeable to the old superchamp? As i have spares from the super champ & buggy champ.. Regards

Gearbox has a bigger hole for the swing arm mount.? Im planning on building my fighting buggy soon. What spares do i need for the fighting buggy for longivity of use.? So are the rear suspension lower arms different to the buggy champs or are they the same fitment.? Will i need a spare gear box & rear end shock parts for spares. i just don't want to be out of parts when i build this beast and run it at my local track.. are the rear end parts interchangeable to the old superchamp? As i have spares from the super champ & buggy champ.. Regards

Bodies bodies oh and get a few bodies! If you plan on using it because the quilted andrex I've just put in the my bathroom has more strength than a fighting buggy body!

Since Tamiya sort of rereleasing, again, this buggy this year, hence need to wait another year for possibility of the Ranger rere. Perhaps Tamiya wants the fighting spirit to linger around longer...

On Towerhobbies.com these are now $227, down to $177 with $50 off + free shipping. Nuts!

• Like 1