TWINSET

Super Champ re-release - Fighting Buggy

On Towerhobbies.com these are now $227, down to $177 with $50 off + free shipping. Nuts!

You have it so good in the USA! It will cost me at lest $60 to ship to the UK and then run the customs gauntlet.

As a matter of interest, how do you get the $50 off?

Only took 'em 10 months to get the body in stock @Tamiya;

attachicon.gifChamp.jpg

Well , atleast you had time to save for it :D:lol: ..

On Towerhobbies.com these are now $227, down to $177 with $50 off + free shipping. Nuts!

It's back up to $299

You have it so good in the USA! It will cost me at lest $60 to ship to the UK and then run the customs gauntlet.

As a matter of interest, how do you get the $50 off?

Sorry for my reply. I get codes via e-mail quite often. They offer great savings but also great temptation! For example I now have the Fighting Buggy when I originally wasn't that interested. Drives my wife nuts! And I have a backlog of about 10 kits with now where to keep the built ones.

Ok

Can someone tell me what battery I can run in this. I'm not running a Tamiya Li Fe battery.

I thought a shorty will fit but is way bigger then the li fe.

Haven't started to build yet.

Cheers

No worries - there's no explanation in the manual as to what those two wellnuts do (and no mention of any battery other than LiFe) but someone here confirmed a stick pack would fit.

Sorry for my reply. I get codes via e-mail quite often. They offer great savings but also great temptation! For example I now have the Fighting Buggy when I originally wasn't that interested. Drives my wife nuts! And I have a backlog of about 10 kits with now where to keep the built ones.

How were you able to use a $50 off code on the $227 Fighting Buggy? Even with Super Saver Club membership, you only get $35 off $225 and $45 off $289.

Tower is running a special again, $249 less $35 = $214 plus free shipping .. not bad

Can the Rough rider body fit the super champ?

The front body post will line up, the back can use the clip.. But will it clear the reserve bottle?

Can the Rough rider body fit the super champ?

The front body post will line up, the back can use the clip.. But will it clear the reserve bottle?

Hi there Raman :)

I've just checked the compatibility with my RR and SC buggies here. Well, seemingly the bottle will not be a problem, but the rear bodyposts of the Super Champ won't let the Rough Rider fit the chassis. And apparently, if you remove the rear body posts off the SC chassis it might fit alright.

Have I missed the re-re release of the fighting buggy or has it not appeared yet? Didn't tamiya put it amongst the batch with the monster beetle but with a different item number? I was hoping for a spare body set!

thanks mate for the information! Stella must of been very quick at selling out and tamico can only post the fighting buggy in Germany and prices are at a premium in the uk!, I can wait!

Hi moffman. Are you sure tamico only delivery inside Germany? I've bought a kit from them and it got to the uk okay. Postage is €13.99, just under £10 if you are in the uk. They only post to Germany free.

Thats unless something has changed about their postage policy. Hth

Hi moffman. Are you sure tamico only delivery inside Germany? I've bought a kit from them and it got to the uk okay. Postage is €13.99, just under £10 if you are in the uk. They only post to Germany free.

Thats unless something has changed about their postage policy. Hth

sorry my mistake it was modellbau I was looking all over and got them mixed up! It says all electronic products only delivered to Germany!,bit odd?

I asked them in October, when they started with this policy and this was the reply:

There is a new law in the european union. Meaning that importing electronic goods requires to offer proper disposal possibility in each country.

This is a big problem because we have to take care of this in all countries that we want to ship to.

Greetings from Germany
Nico Seidel

I asked them in October, when they started with this policy and this was the reply:

There is a new law in the european union. Meaning that importing electronic goods requires to offer proper disposal possibility in each country.
This is a big problem because we have to take care of this in all countries that we want to ship to.

Greetings from Germany
Nico Seidel

What a surprise it's a EU law!!! Why don't they leave us alone?
  • Like 2

What a surprise it's a EU law!!! Why don't they leave us alone?

Erm, if it was not for the EU you would have to pay import tax etc on items.

The discussion re: this mysterious EU law occurred on a Facebook group a month ago, no other EU seller seems to be quoting this when refusing to ship to UK so we're wondering if Modellbau are using this as an excuse not to ship to UK.

I know a lot of UK buyers have been importing from Germany this year, having been stung too many times importing from HK - maybe Modellbau have had problems with UK shipping or UK buyers and have decided it's not worth the cost.

It seems that Modellbau are referring to the directive around the electronic goods takeback scheme, which means that any seller must offer a service to recycle your old equipment when you buy new equipment from them. I think (although I'm no EU law expert) it's part of 'Directive 2012/19/EU' and there's a summary here, for those who are interested:

http://www.conformance.co.uk/adirectives/doku.php?id=weee

(the full directed is linked from there for those who care to wade through a 36-page document written in EU bureaucrat-speak :D )

Although "toys" are covered under the "toys, leisure and sports equipment" category, the takeback scheme is unlikely to apply often to RC cars, as most people aren't buying a replacement for an old car (like they might be a replacement for an old microwave). Most people want their old microwaves, TVs, fridge-freezers etc. to be disposed of but I bet most of us want to keep our old RC car when we buy a new one.

I wonder what might have happened to Modellbau (an audit? a complaint?) to make them have issues with this directive now...

Seidel aren't sending to Denmark anymore either, due to same rules, so I just continue to let Tamico take my money.

Hi Guys Just bought the fighting buggy kit and couple of things can a standard stick pack be fitted instead of the life battery and does anyone do a diff for it i have found a part number for a srb chassis which is 84113 but cant find stock anywhere any ideas?

cheers

Lee