TWINSET

Super Champ re-release - Fighting Buggy

Where are you planning to run it? If it's on Sand and Dirt you will not need the diff.

There was a memebers on here who also made a diff RA1028 I think. I have his version, it's more similar to the old thorp diff

Erm, if it was not for the EU you would have to pay import tax etc on items.

Paying import tax etc. is still a better option.

no other EU seller seems to be quoting this when refusing to ship to UK so we're wondering if Modellbau are using this as an excuse not to ship to UK..

They will still ship loads here; bodies, spares and any kit without motors or ESC.

What they won't ship is anything with electronics in, even if they're only LEDs

Paying import tax etc. is still a better option.

Not when the carrier imposes a miminum £8 clearing fee on it too!

I bought £28 worth of stuff from GMade recently and paid £4 summat in tax and £8 for the clearing fee.

Got a question on the Fighting Buggy. Does it come with a ball diff, or spool gear, just like the vintage Super Champ?

I'm spreading the word since it's working so well for me. When building the front shocks, swap out the red o-ring for the clear TRF o-rings. It will stop the leak and make for a consistent dampening action. I also used the clear o-ring on my Bruiser / Hornet style dampers. They outcome was fantastic.

• Like 2

I only use the TRF clear or blue competition o-rings.

Much better than the supplied red ones.

Are these Tamiya ball diffs for the SRB's still available? Do you run your Fighting Buggy with stock spool gear or do you use ball diffs? I remember when I used to run my vintage Super Champ with the spool gear, cornering was some sort of gambling. Will it spin or not...

They are discontinued.. So what ever you find is all that's left.

You are correct the spool can be a handful, especially when the rear suspension is firm.!

I run one of my SRB with the RCChannel suspension and fairly soft suspension in the back. When I test drove it on high grip concrete it cornered extremely well. My other one has the torsion bar and when I drove it on same surface, it would almost roll over. Both were running spools.

• Like 1

OMG OMG OMG OMG GETTING ONE!!!!11111!!!!

Ok, calm down, deep breaths...

What is the source for this miraculous revelation?

I just checked RCMart and they have "Pre-Order" set up at $309.90 US. I hope I can get in on picking one up after the new year. 

• Like 1

And I've just pre-ordered one on my wifes card.....  when she gets home from work I'll let her know my christmas present won't be under the tree this year....  :) 

• Haha 2

RCMarts price is a bit high.. I’d keep an eye on that. Will probably drop $30 to $40