TWINSET

Super Champ re-release - Fighting Buggy

7 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Looks stunning!

Good to see a close up with the RC Channel alu bumper, as I've just bought one for my Fighting Buggy which is on pre-order - looks fab 😊👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, unixphreak said:

Apparently you are blind and have a bias towards your friends in this site and you should probably admonish your friend on his way of speaking down to others also. Best of luck. 

This is not about having a bias. Yes, Fujio is mildly ironic in his comments to you, but he's not disrespectful, aggressive and abusive like your are. It doesn't matter that you "obviously" know everything better than anyone else and that only your knowledge and experience cater for legitimate statements. If you continue like this, you will definitely not be an asset to this forum. Best of luck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

This is not about having a bias. Yes, Fujio is mildly ironic in his comments to you, but he's not disrespectful, aggressive and abusive like your are. It doesn't matter that you "obviously" know everything better than anyone else and that only your knowledge and experience cater for legitimate statements. If you continue like this, you will definitely not be an asset to this forum. Best of luck.

The is nothing ironic about his responses to me, might want to look up the definition for that word. Not once was I abusive and if that is your perspective then I guess you can kick a paying member out, IDGAF. But when some one asks for help and you give bad information and are not wanting to be corrected for that is a narcissistic forum I don't need to be a part of. 

• Like 1

IMO, 2 people are giving advise, one has the unit and one doesn't. I would hear both but only believe the one who has. PEACE peeps!

23 minutes ago, kid168 said:

IMO, 2 people are giving advise, one has the unit and one doesn't. I would hear both but only believe the one who has. PEACE peeps!

👍

IMG_20201204_181038.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, unixphreak said:

The is nothing ironic about his responses to me, might want to look up the definition for that word. Not once was I abusive and if that is your perspective then I guess you can kick a paying member out, IDGAF. But when some one asks for help and you give bad information and are not wanting to be corrected for that is a narcissistic forum I don't need to be a part of. 

I surrender. You know everything better than anybody else and all others are idiots that deserve to be ridiculed, beaten and even lied about. I deeply apologise for not understanding that before now, but then again, I'm a clueless idiot, so it's actually a wonder that I at all recognise you as the flawless allknowing God that you are. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, kid168 said:

Well, Fujio posted a pic of his FB and clearly pointed out that it's his model, so I wonder which of the two that doesn't have one?

• Like 4

Even with all the rubber tube controversy aside, I still want one after 35 years 😉 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Even with all the rubber tube controversy aside, I still want one after 35 years 😉 

I had the original, then had a re-re back in 2014, and I STILL want another to built - that’s how good this one is IMO 👍👍

• Like 1

I had two originals one with a surprise thorp ball diff. And I currently have two re re's they are awesome cars, I have a turbo scorpion and it may drive better but nothing can take away the charm of the fighting buggy 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, unixphreak said:

I have a turbo scorpion and it may drive better but nothing can take away the charm of the fighting buggy 

That good to know and kinda what I was hoping, a Turbo Scorpion was a back up plan. Especially after a Javelin build a while ago. And I may just have a Ball Diff in the post somewhere (just in case of course 😉 😁)

I have yet to drive this Fighting Buggy with the new version 2 Tamiya ball diff so it might be a bit better, the Thorp diff in the original never got ran just refurbished and sold. Only thing would be the heavy rear and light front end. The Scorpion's weight bias is better especially the Turbo Re Re with the larger wheels but not by much.

• Thanks 1

I saved up for 12 months and bought one in 1983; just as the Frog came out and changed the whole scene - well the Tamiya scene at least. Still, I loved it. It's long gone now, so it's the re-re for me. As for the oil tube - I don't remember having any problems with leaks on the original. Maybe I didn't drive it hard enough. I do remember burning out the MSC though, and burning out a motor when the aerial got tangled in the rear UV joint. At least that's not a worry these days since the antenna doesn't need to be 50cm long!

• Like 2

While I'm here - what batteries fit in the re-re Fighting Buggy? The battery in the instructions is the pure unobtainium LiFe (1100?) Tamiya one - unobtainium in Australia at least. Do Tamiya do a new run of these wierd little batteries at the same time as the kit? The original used the 7.2V hump-pack  - will a 7.2v hump pack (I have one) fit in the re-re Fighting Buggy? At a pinch I could also use a 1300mah LiPo that is the same size as the Tamiya LiFe pack, that would give me authentic 1983 runtimes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

will a 7.2v hump pack (I have one) fit in the re-re Fighting Buggy?

I was also wondering if this might be the case. It looks like the oblong cut-out on the Fighting Buggy mechanism deck might be big enough for the ‘hump’ on the battery pack to poke through...can anyone confirm this having actually tried it?

5 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

While I'm here - what batteries fit in the re-re Fighting Buggy? The battery in the instructions is the pure unobtainium LiFe (1100?) Tamiya one - unobtainium in Australia at least. Do Tamiya do a new run of these wierd little batteries at the same time as the kit? The original used the 7.2V hump-pack  - will a 7.2v hump pack (I have one) fit in the re-re Fighting Buggy? At a pinch I could also use a 1300mah LiPo that is the same size as the Tamiya LiFe pack, that would give me authentic 1983 runtimes.

The chassis design is identical to the original the Life battery only fits by attaching an included holder to the chassis plate. I fit 1800-3000mah nimh and you should be able to li-on batteries in the same m shape to fit. I also use a velcro strap to add some smaller 2200mah 2s lipo's if I want it to go nuts. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 7:27 AM, unixphreak said:

The smallest I made it without it kinking from full suspension movement. 

IMG_20201204_182459.jpg

That looks so much better with the short hose. Can you post pics of the body removed so I can see the whole hose connection?