TWINSET

Super Champ re-release - Fighting Buggy

15 hours ago, CoolHands said:

I bought the buggy champ but seeing the pictures I really want one of these too

I too bought the buggy champ, I think both side by side would look awsome.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kid168 said:

I too bought the buggy champ, I think both side by side would look awsome.

They certainly would, and I’d like to frame the box to hang next to this one I did

D2714483-CCD3-48D2-9421-5C0E5569FEBE.md.

I hope the boxes are the same size and in a perfect world I’d also like to have a Sand Scorcher box framed up.

• Like 7

Looks like A$500 for us down under. Probably about the same as buying from outside Oz by the time you factor in all the additional charges.

The last available stock for one in the 2014 batch I could find a few years ago was $550 so not to bad I suppose..

https://www.metrohobbies.com.au/products/tamiya-47304-1-10-fighting-buggy-2014-2wd-kit?utm_campaign=MH Radio Control 14Dec20 (QXs9ba)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Klaviyo&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJoYXlrZW5yaWRAZ21haWwuY29tIiwgImtsX2NvbXBhbnlfaWQiOiAiU1NjcDVXIn0%3D

On 12/6/2020 at 8:12 AM, c64orinoco said:

will a 7.2v hump pack (I have one) fit in the re-re Fighting Buggy?

Anyone know the answer to this?

1 hour ago, futureworks said:

Anyone know the answer to this?

The design is the same as the original buggy so it will fit. 

1 minute ago, unixphreak said:

The design is the same as the original buggy so it will fit. 

They look different, in terms of the aperture through which the hump pokes through in the upper deck - it’s much smaller on the re-re version, hence I’m wondering if it’s big enough for the hump on the original Tamiya battery...

A1EBB841-BA6E-462F-8DD3-EBDAE84BA941.jpeg

3808D209-F331-4C2A-A3BE-E0AE0E294ABC.jpeg

On 12/6/2020 at 9:09 AM, unixphreak said:

I will try to fit a pack today, I typically use a small lipo. None of my hump packs work only for looks. Will post the findings. 

On 11/25/2020 at 2:23 PM, futureworks said:

If it still operates the same way as when I did it, then follow this: email Joanne at Fusion saying you'd like to get a TC discount: info@fusionhobbies.com

If you are a TC Forum member, you get 5% discount, and if a full subscriber, 10%. You just need to provide your TC membership number. If you don't know this, go to your profile page on the main site (not the Forum), and click in the URL box, and you'll see your member number at the end of the URL. Send that plus your TC name to Joanne, and she will send you a code, which you use during check-out on their website. 

I've given in and just pre-ordered this fighting buggy too.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, CoolHands said:

I've given in and just pre-ordered this fighting buggy too.

You know it makes sense 👍😀

I have had the 2009 Buggy Champ silver edition, I currently have the Sand Scorcher and I love(d) them both, but I had two Super Champs and the design worked. Yes heavy, Yes same front end as the others but the Fighting Buggy update for the rear suspension and the available ball diffs make it a super fun buggy to drive around. Not a Scorpion beater but better than the earlier SRB's.

Does the Fighting Buggy count as a 'proper' SRB? As in, if someone (a *cough* friend, honest) had never had an SRB and likes the Buggy Champ best but sees the attraction of the Sand Scorcher was looking for a proper SRB and not worried about performance (lets face it, they don't, I, er, my friend, has modern race buggies for that) but something for the shelf with some gentle running, would you advise to get the Fighting Buggy?

53 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Does the Fighting Buggy count as a 'proper' SRB?

A factory modified SRB as a stop gap while Tamiya were waiting to see if the ORV chassis worked out perhaps?

It's great fun if you have access to sand, or a sand-like surface to play on. It also looks good on the shelf.

When ever in doubt @Jonathon Gillham always refer to Matteo 👍🏻

Then try and resist 😉

Theres just something about an SRB that pulls you in.

Lucky for me I have one of the above so least I’m half way there 😁

(You do need a ball diff though for any other than sand or loose dirt)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Does the Fighting Buggy count as a 'proper' SRB?

This was one of those great debates from the earlier days of the forum (like if the Hot Shot ever came with gold wheels in the box originally). Some point to the fact it lacked the radio box which was imprinted with "Special Racing Buggy". I always personally felt it was a member of the SRB group though. We still consider the King Blackfoot a member of the ORV family and its even more different from the first Subaru Brat.

1 hour ago, Fuijo said:

A factory modified SRB as a stop gap while Tamiya were waiting to see if the ORV chassis worked out perhaps?

I've always theorized about this. At least Tamiya did make some sincere improvements to get a bit more mileage out of the chassis architecture rather than just a hasty re-body. The Super Champ was always my favorite of the group.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

The Super Champ was always my favorite of the group.

It is just one of those timeless desirable unique pieces of history that has never been copied or matched.

• Like 1

I am going to get around to this beauty, I got it from one of the members here, from my research the chassis is an original, I replaced the rear bumper/rear arm pin support as it was broken, Prague I think it was.

I also put the front bar on  and replaced all the wheels and tyres,( I know the rears are incorrect)

Is the shell original or a re release?

What else can you tell me about this car please?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

The body looks original to me. It's a darker colour blue than the rere, which makes it easier to tell when they're side by side. Also, on the front of the metal roof the corners are rounded on the rere, so that looks original too.

Nice example!

Edit: There is also a difference with the window netting. The original has a rope pattern, the rere does not.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2020 at 5:11 AM, Re-Bugged said:

They certainly would, and I’d like to frame the box to hang next to this one I did

D2714483-CCD3-48D2-9421-5C0E5569FEBE.md.

I hope the boxes are the same size and in a perfect world I’d also like to have a Sand Scorcher box framed up.

I'm always suprised no one has started producing box art pictures? You can get mugs with box art on them and these pictures like this would look really good on a man cave wall or anywhere really👍

2 hours ago, moffman said:

I'm always suprised no one has started producing box art pictures? You can get mugs with box art on them and these pictures like this would look really good on a man cave wall or anywhere really👍

I copied @Re-Bugged and have very similar pictures. They aren't cheap when you need a box and then to pay for framing...or do you mean print the picture and then frame it, not use the box?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I copied @Re-Bugged and have very similar pictures. They aren't cheap when you need a box and then to pay for framing...or do you mean print the picture and then frame it, not use the 

Definitely print! I'm not a mint in box man but it would be a cardinal sin to destroy a box? If you can get mugs and tshirts with box art printed why not actual prints then leave for whoever buys to frame them according to the place wall it's going on🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, moffman said:

Definitely print! I'm not a mint in box man but it would be a cardinal sin to destroy a box? If you can get mugs and tshirts with box art printed why not actual prints then leave for whoever buys to frame them according to the place wall it's going on🤷‍♂️

I thought it was better to use the box as art than throw it out? They take up a lot of space otherwise...

• Like 1

RCJazz has release date for 1/31... but then TamiyaBlog listed it as a March release? 

On 1/29/2021 at 4:10 AM, Raman36 said:

RCJazz has release date for 1/31... but then TamiyaBlog listed it as a March release? 

I hope it's sooner than that, my pre-order was theoretically my Christmas present!

36 minutes ago, c64orinoco said:

I hope it's sooner than that, my pre-order was theoretically my Christmas present!

When Tamiyablog posted an announcement about the new batch of Fighting Buggies back in early Nov 2020, the expected availability was ‘early 2021’. The Far East retailers (e.g. rcmart etc.) pretty much immediately had availability marked as 31st Jan, when they listed this for pre-order. The UK dealers have 19th March. Yours must be arriving imminently 👍😊

3B46CC10-EA1C-422E-A4BE-E63ED2FE4F92.jpeg

52 minutes ago, futureworks said:

Yours must be arriving imminently 👍😊

I hope so. Australian postal service not withstanding. (ie, I expect March)