TWINSET

Super Champ re-release - Fighting Buggy

7 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Wow, it’s a wonder you don’t see any cabriolet version’s.

So it’s best not to roll these things then 😉

Prob best to keep them on their tires, although the roll that killed it happened in the late nineties. Can’t remember if all four posts were still connected or if any were damaged before it finally came off. 10+ years of abuse before going topless isn’t too bad. My rere I’ll be surprised if it lasts 5mins, i know I shouldn’t but I have a bad habit of seeing how far/high things can fly

• Like 1

Besides MCI, Who is the best source for original decal sheet these days?

RPP Hobby out of California has pre-orders up for those in the US.  For those who don't know RPP, I have had great experience with them over the years.  They have a great selection of scaler parts and I've been bugging them and Tower for months to put up a backorder for the Fighting Buggy.  They got it up first and got my order!

• Like 2

On 3/22/2021 at 4:34 AM, Re-Bugged said:

Wow, it’s a wonder you don’t see any cabriolet version’s.

So it’s best not to roll these things then 😉

Nah it's best not to roll it ( easier said than done) although the ball diff does help some way in stopping it from going over?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, moffman said:

Nah it's best not to roll it ( easier said than done) although the ball diff does help some way in stopping it from going over?

The Diff in my current SRB works really well I find, it hardly ever ends up on its roof.  It was already in it when I got it, so I’ve never actually had one without a Diff. No Diff would probably be better though if you drive in sand all the time. I did buy another Diff a couple of months back just in case 😉

• Like 1

Mine arrived yesterday from Stella. No amount of words can describe the lengths Stella goes through to protect the original box during shipping. It’s a work of art. Truly a professional Hobby Shop. 

• Like 2

Ball diff does help it from rolling over, however the true culprit is the suspension geometry/ positive camber in rear.  The positive camber is asking for a roll over during cornering, especially on a high grip surface. 

The RCChannel suspension fixes this. Unfortunately it’s currently not available. Paul told me that the moulds were damaged. So I’ve been bugging him to show demand.. need assistance from others.

Other option would be to have someone with 3D print talents to copy his suspension 🤔 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

The RCChannel suspension fixes this. Unfortunately it’s currently not available. Paul told me that the moulds were damaged. So I’ve been bugging him to show demand.. need assistance from others.

I'd certainly buy a set - I've been periodically checking Paul's website to see if these had been restocked, so he needs to get those moulds sorted!

12 minutes ago, futureworks said:

I'd certainly buy a set - I've been periodically checking Paul's website to see if these had been restocked, so he needs to get those moulds sorted!

Please Send him a message.. so he know there is demand 

35 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

Done 👍

8 hours ago, Raman36 said:

Mine arrived yesterday from Stella. No amount of words can describe the lengths Stella goes through to protect the original box during shipping. It’s a work of art. Truly a professional Hobby Shop. 

Excellent yours has turned up 👍🏻

I don’t know if it’s just me but I gave up checking Stella ages ago as about all I could see they had in stock was a 2CV & a couple of Comical’s in the way of Kits. Shipping to Australia is still high, at the moment Shops here showing Pre Order seem to be the best way to go.

13 hours ago, Raman36 said:

Result!

7839F777-2F4C-4B3A-B99B-C4091FADE4E1.jpeg

Maybe it's too early to tell, but does anyone know if we might expect the Fighting Buggy body set to go on sale at some point? Or do we think this is likely to be a kit-only release? 

On 3/28/2021 at 7:22 AM, Luke76 said:

Maybe it's too early to tell, but does anyone know if we might expect the Fighting Buggy body set to go on sale at some point? Or do we think this is likely to be a kit-only release? 

Probably the way tamiya are at the moment and the way things are? I would just think kits only even that's at a push? Don't bank on the release dates being accurate! 

On 4/6/2021 at 3:35 AM, moffman said:

Probably the way tamiya are at the moment and the way things are? I would just think kits only even that's at a push? Don't bank on the release dates being accurate! 

Thanks! I guess I might need an excuse to just get the full kit... ;)

• Like 1

Wanted an alternative color scheme for the red body. This is what I got from MCI. :angry:

1E45D86A-A538-4683-AD07-1C4C10CDB712.JPG

Hmm, must have struck jackpot or something. First time ever I see this in a Tamiya kit in the last 30+ years of kit building :

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, joeling said:

Wanted an alternative color scheme for the red body. This is what I got from MCI. :angry:

1E45D86A-A538-4683-AD07-1C4C10CDB712.JPG

Maybe its the way my phone is displaying it or have they been printed in 8bit?

3 hours ago, joeling said:

Hmm, must have struck jackpot or something. First time ever I see this in a Tamiya kit in the last 30+ years of kit building :

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

That is very unusual for tamiya! If I was you I'd go and get a lottery ticket I would say they are unusable really? 

• Like 1

I have originals sponsors coming from Screenprint Digital ... this major pro nonsense has got to go 

On 3/27/2021 at 5:45 PM, Re-Bugged said:

Excellent yours has turned up 👍🏻

I don’t know if it’s just me but I gave up checking Stella ages ago as about all I could see they had in stock was a 2CV & a couple of Comical’s in the way of Kits. Shipping to Australia is still high, at the moment Shops here showing Pre Order seem to be the best way to go.

I emailed Stella on onset of reissue.. and followed up on Jan / Feb.. they told me in March when it arrived. Shipping was high but my birth was coming up so I figured I deserve it, since I’ve been such a good lad 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, joeling said:

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

interesting. In order to make decals opaque, you need to put a white layer underneath all artwork.. eg yellow / orange tripes. 

it appears someone moved the white layer graphics prior to printing. 

I have emailed my reverse sponsor RCmart so let's see what they can do about it. Meanwhile ordered a replacement from eBay, my other reverse sponsor.

Kit #2 considered done. Not gonna paint the grills as I am likely to botch the job.

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

• Like 6