Sign in to follow this  
Carlito

Crawler advice

Hey guys

Looking to do a project crawler, dont want to give too much away if it doesnt take off and some what of a `blue moon´ tinkerer Im looking to all the crawling masters.

Im looking for a crawler with the skeletal style chassis with links supporting the axles, like the thunder tiger crawler etc.

Wheel base will be adjustable by the suspension links so not to much of a concern, but ideally 6inch.

Width of the wheel base seems a little tricky, got to be around 4inch.

Did think of the Losi micro crawler, but there discontinued, thunder tiger crawlers are far too fragile(one sat in my garage which will donate parts), so this is why im seeking advice.

This will be around 36th scale, similar to playmobil.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Carl

alternatives to the Losi Micro would be the Redcat Sumo (I have some highly modified) or the relativly new HSP Micro Crawler (which is more or less a Losi copy). Search for HSP 94480 on ebay, you'll find them dirt cheap from Hong Kong. Or look at Banggood, there even hop up parts like bearings and a scale chassis

thanks for the heads up, thats near identical to the losi.

My only concern is the width is almost twice needed, thinking this may be nigh on impossible.

Seems the redcat is more suitable with a 105mm width.

Going to speak to owner of LHS, see if he can order one.

sorry, didn't see the width... not sure, but maybe the Losi Mini Crawler or Vaterra Slickrock axles might fit? Or the RC4WD T-Rex Micro axles, but those are only a little over 3"