Pyrotech_

Blitzer Beetle with tribute to the Monster Beetle

Thank you for the reply! I'll google those parts you mentioned - not sure the motor you've referenced. I'm not planning on changing the shocks - what I have found on the web lines up with your recommendation. I mostly love the look of the monster tires on this chassis. I haven't looked into brushless really at all - do standard NiMH batteries work or do I also have to go with LiPo ? could be a deep rabbit hole hahah.

On 4/15/2019 at 9:52 PM, DK308 said:

Rather than messing with the pinion due to the larger tyres, you you also just get a motor with more torque and less rpm. And considering the fact that a Blitzer Beetle can handle a 19 turn motor with a Hobbywing ESC, I see no issues running a 25 or 27 turn motor with that ESC. From what I recall, the gear box out of the Falcon, Bear Hawk and Blitzer Beetle, is stronger than the original found in the Monster Beetle. The internals in the Blitz are basically the same as were later used in the Bush Devil and Super Blackfoot, and that was a much better setup than what was used in the Monster Beetle, Blackfoot and Mud Blaster. The drive cups and shafts will most likely hod up fine as well, but you should run ball bearings if not already doing so.

If I were doing what you're doing, I would use a brushless setup with a Hobbywing Quicrun 1060 BL ESC, an SSS 3650 7.5D motor and a 13 tooth pinion for a 5mm shaft.

As for shocks, stick with the CVA shocks. They might be plastic, but they are not bad at all. You'll need to spend a bit of a coin to upgrade them. Also note that if you install longer shocks in the rear, you might end up having issues due to too much drive shaft angle.

Any chance you have a link for those recommendations? I’m having trouble finding the sss 3650 7.5D motor. Thanks for the input!

On 4/18/2019 at 1:13 PM, 80skidtoo said:

Any chance you have a link for those recommendations? I’m having trouble finding the sss 3650 7.5D motor. Thanks for the input!

Where are you located?