THE HP FREAK

Kyosho Scorpion (re-re)

HI!... Well this will be my build up of a Kyosho Scorpion (re-re).

Img_6246.jpg

Img_6247.jpg

Img_6248.jpg

Well I couldn't sleep last night so I decided to start building the Scorpion.

Img_6257.jpg

Img_6258.jpg

Img_6259.jpg

Img_6260.jpg

I went to start to build the roll cage for the body when I realized something was not right. The dummies at the factory gave me 2 left sides to the roll cage!!! The right side is missing. So I ordered another one. Should be here next weekend.

Img_6261.jpg

HI!... Well I got most of the Scorpion together now. Still need to find a vintage KYOSHO motor and buy some PS-6 yellow paint for the body. I installed all vintage Novak electronics in it. This will only be a shelf queen.

Img_6265.jpg

Img_6264.jpg

Img_6267.jpg

Img_6266.jpg

Img_6268.jpg

Img_6269.jpg

Img_6270.jpg

Img_6263.jpg

Img_6262.jpg

Looks good! there are a few Kyosho motors on eBay! cheapest one I found was $55 though.. nicest one was brand new for $80 = not worth it to me.. buy the RE-RE Kyosho 490 motor or find another vintage motor for it.. I am planning on installing a Trinity Speed Gems 2 17T single wind in my Scorpion (you can see it in the Kyosho section on the main page)

I love looking at the detailed pics of vintage rc cars. When innovation was normal, before standardization came along and made everything boring

I really find it weird that your kit somehow got 2 of the same side roll bar pieces.. was your kit not sealed when you got it? They're molded on the same sprue so it'd be hard to mess up from the factory..

Banzai has the 490 for cheap.

HI!... Just went there to order one at their U.S $29 price. When I went to checkout with $2.50 shipping it suddenly jumped to $72. Whats that all about then??

Anyway I was going through my motor collection and fount a Kyosho Le Mans 480 Gold series motor. So I think I'm going to use that.

I really find it weird that your kit somehow got 2 of the same side roll bar pieces.. was your kit not sealed when you got it? They're molded on the same sprue so it'd be hard to mess up from the factory..

HI!... Mine were not on a sprue. They were single pieces in the labeled plastic bag like all the other parts in the kit. No big deal. The new part was only $3.

HI!... Mine were not on a sprue. They were single pieces in the labeled plastic bag like all the other parts in the kit. No big deal. The new part was only $3.

Mine where on a sprue in a labeled bag

someone from the factory musta messed with your kit cause I had to cut mine off the sprue - like you say though the peices were only $3 thankfully

My Scorpion came with 2x left hand side roll cage pieces! One on sprue, one loose in the bag, and the kit was factory sealed, I reckon our kits must have been next to each other on the production line, I have been waiting since July for the parts to come along with the cvd from Jason's store. Not impressed.

HI!... Just went there to order one at their U.S $29 price. When I went to checkout with $2.50 shipping it suddenly jumped to $72. Whats that all about then??

Anyway I was going through my motor collection and fount a Kyosho Le Mans 480 Gold series motor. So I think I'm going to use that.

When you logged in, your cart may have had other items in it already. Logging in will merge your cart containing the motor with the existing cart that was saved with your account.

I just tried it myself and had the exact same thing happen. I viewed my cart and removed all other items except the motor and the order was around $33 with SAL shipping. I went all the way to logging in to Paypal and the amount was still correct.

My Scorpion came with 2x left hand side roll cage pieces! One on sprue, one loose in the bag, and the kit was factory sealed, I reckon our kits must have been next to each other on the production line, I have been waiting since July for the parts to come along with the cvd from Jason's store. Not impressed.

WOW, have your parts shown they have shipped?

Has Jason given any reason as to why such a long wait?

I've ordered a few things in the past and always got them pretty quick.

WOW, have your parts shown they have shipped?

Has Jason given any reason as to why such a long wait?

I've ordered a few things in the past and always got them pretty quick.

I have always been happy with the service too, this time apparently they were waiting for the CVDs to be released, the problem is why list parts and allow you to pay for them when they don't exist? No warning of this either, they also are not replying to my emails, the one response I got was via eBay, although these parts were not ordered through eBay. I need the cage pieces!

That is surprising, I agree he should not have listed parts without having them in stock.

Hope you get them soon!

I am in the same boat. Ordered CVDs and LED lights on 2014-07-19 from Jason's store, still waiting. No indication they weren't in stock at time of order.

I pinged him on 2014-08-23 and he said once they are in stock, which is soon, they will ship. His definition of "soon" differs from mine.

Edit to add: Sorry for hijacking this thread with unrelated issues to HP Freak's build. Sorry HPF!

Apologize to for the hijack, that sucks to offer parts for sale and not have them in stock, guess I will join the club, I ordered the led light kit a couple of days ago. Will be the last time I order from his store.

• Like 1

BTW PS-6 Tamiya paint is nowhere close to matching the plastic kit "Yellow" I even blended a little Orange and it didn't help - looks almost florescent - I am going to buy a new body and the Red plastics and go Red with mine as it will be easier to match and I'm actually like Red more than Yellow

Apologize to for the hijack, that sucks to offer parts for sale and not have them in stock, guess I will join the club, I ordered the led light kit a couple of days ago. Will be the last time I order from his store.

I stopped buying from Jason RC some years ago. Buying from him was OK as long as he didn't make any mistakes, but once he made mistakes*, he wasn't cooperative or serviceminded at all, causing a lot of extra work, cost and effort for me. I see no reason to buy from him anymore as there exist so many good alternatives.

(*Shipped the wrong items once, then shipped another parcel to an incomplete address causing a return and double shipping cost for me)

• Like 2

HI!... I used to order from Jason's Store all the time. Then one day I tried to buy something on Ebay from him and get this message :

Sorry, the seller is not accepting bids or offers from you at this time.
  • This may occur for various reasons. For example, the seller might have a limit for the amount of items that can be purchased within a given time.

I don't have the faintest idea what this is about. Never had any problems with him. Now I have to have a buddy order from his Ebay account so I can buy stuff from him. I've tried to contact him, but never get any reply.

• Like 1

HI!... Well the new replacement roll cage showed up on Saturday.

IMG_6278.jpg

I might end up running this vintage KYOSHO Le Mans 480 Gold motor in it.

Img_6271.jpg

• Like 1

HI!... Well I got 90% of the Scorpion done. I decided to paint the body white instead of yellow. IMO there was just two much yellow in the box art. Still got to clean up the motor and put on new wires. Driver and cockpit need to be touched up.

Img_6301.jpg

Img_6303.jpg

Img_6296.jpg

Img_6295.jpg

Img_6300.jpg

Img_6299.jpg

Img_6297.jpg

Img_6293.jpg

Img_6292.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice scorpion!!

It's funny I see all these scorpion builds and people just seem to thread in all the ball studs all the way down in the suspension parts when clearly in the manual it shows you have to leave them a certain mm height out from being bottomed out I can see that guy's don't do these steps correctly as the snap on tie rods look much more angled than if done correctly as the manual shows.

• Like 1