SteveU30

Radshape Tamiya Takeover Event 22nd Nov 2014

This looks great!

I should be living near Leamington Spa by then which aint far away at all so I'll be there :)

K

• Like 1

Since Radshape told me they have a climbing mountain, I've been planning to take a day-trip up there for a play. This might just make it extra special!

Yep I will be there with my RC Truck Layout :) Looking forward to the event!

Ant

More details; http://www.radshaperc.com/blog-article/tamiya-takeover

A fun filled day for the Tamiya RC enthusiast and family at our 8,000sqft RC Superstore in Minworth near Birmingham is promised on 22nd November.

Throughout the day we welcome all Tamiya owners and enthusiasts to bring along your RC cars and Trucks and join in the fun.

Truck Display
There will be a fantastic display of Tamiya Trucks put on from the great guys at www.tamiyatruckin.org where no scale detail is left unturned. If you haven’t seen the displays Tamiya Truckin put on at events up and down the country throughout the year you will be amazed at the time, effort and level of detail they put in to their creations. You can see some of their work on their website or their Facebook page TamiyaTruckin.

Outside Track Action
We have plenty of car park spaces outside with part of the area cordoned off for some track action.

Wheelie Race

There will be some light hearted Wheelie Race’s for those with Wild Willy’s, Lunch Box’s, Midnight Pumpkins etc., with the focus on fun rather than all out competition.

Run What You Brung

In between races will be broken up with a ‘Run What You Brung’ session so if you have a Tamiya and want to have a go around a track layout then bring it along and go around as much as you want.

Fastest Tamiya

There will be a straight section where you can put your boasts down to fact! Let’s see if your TT-01 will really do 50mph like you tell your mates!

Please Note - The outside track action is all on hard standing concrete.

Inside Track Action
Inside the Superstore it’s warm and comfy so you can make full use of our Scale Mountain and Drift Track if you have a Tamiya. CC-01’s and CR-01’s are perfect to tackle the Mountain. The carpeted drift track is ideal for touring car chassis which we use a control tyre on which are available for purchase on the day if you want to have a go at drifting. We will mildly scrutinize the chassis prior to going on the track for any leaky shock absorbers and protruding screws under the chassis to protect our tracks longevity, other than that it’s about having fun.

Raffles
There will be a few raffles on the day for a chance to win big prizes.

Promotions
Lots of Tamiya Takeover promotions on the day so you can get what you want an unbelievable bargain.

Tamiya ‘First Look’
A sneak peak at what Tamiya have in the pipeline next as they bring along new products just exhibited at their ‘Open House’ event for the trade only.

Best Tamiya of the Day
This was a hard choice to decide what categories to do as it could end up being endless and after talking with Tamiya we agreed on the following. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd of the best RC Tamiya wheeled vehicle and it will be judged by Tamiya themselves on the day as to what they think is best. It could therefore be a touring car, truck, monster truck, buggy, tank etc., and there are no rules, other than it being a Tamiya for you to enter. It could be an amazingly detailed body or a fun themed but battered car that wins their vote, it could be an amazing box art replica or a bonkers modified to the max Race buggy they love. If you don’t enter your pride and joy you won’t know.

Refreshments
There are refreshments available all day from Café 2 U if you like all your fancy coffees, wraps and Panini’s.

Looking forward to this show! The Truck layout has been designed and we will be setting up on the Friday for about 4 hours!! :o

Ant

So who wants to shout me a ticket back to the UK then? :)

You all have a great time, looks like a lot of fun!

Expecting lots of photos! (Looking at you, Ant ;) )

Too far away for me :(

Sounds great too, could be an ideal opportunity for a shake-down of my TA03 Drift car.

Hopefully it's enough of a success that they do it again at a better time for me to attend!

Quick bump for this - it's this weekend B)

A fun filled day for the Tamiya RC enthusiast and family at our 8,000sqft RC Superstore in Minworth near Birmingham is promised on 22nd November.

Throughout the day we welcome all Tamiya owners and enthusiasts to bring along your RC cars and Trucks and join in the fun.

Truck Display
There will be a fantastic display of Tamiya Trucks put on from the great guys at www.tamiyatruckin.org where no scale detail is left unturned. If you haven’t seen the displays Tamiya Truckin put on at events up and down the country throughout the year you will be amazed at the time, effort and level of detail they put in to their creations. You can see some of their work on their website or their Facebook page TamiyaTruckin.

Outside Track Action
We have plenty of car park spaces outside with part of the area cordoned off for some track action.

Wheelie Race
There will be some light hearted Wheelie Race’s for those with Wild Willy’s, Lunch Box’s, Midnight Pumpkins etc., with the focus on fun rather than all out competition.

Run What You Brung
In between races will be broken up with a ‘Run What You Brung’ session so if you have a Tamiya and want to have a go around a track layout then bring it along and go around as much as you want.

Fastest Tamiya
There will be a straight section where you can put your boasts down to fact! Let’s see if your TT-01 will really do 50mph like you tell your mates!

Please Note - The outside track action is all on hard standing concrete.

Inside Track Action
Inside the Superstore it’s warm and comfy so you can make full use of our Scale Mountain and Drift Track if you have a Tamiya. CC-01’s and CR-01’s are perfect to tackle the Mountain. The carpeted drift track is ideal for touring car chassis which we use a control tyre on which are available for purchase on the day if you want to have a go at drifting. We will mildly scrutinize the chassis prior to going on the track for any leaky shock absorbers and protruding screws under the chassis to protect our tracks longevity, other than that it’s about having fun.

Raffles
There will be a few raffles on the day for a chance to win big prizes.

Promotions
Lots of Tamiya Takeover promotions on the day so you can get what you want an unbelievable bargain.

Tamiya ‘First Look’
A sneak peak at what Tamiya have in the pipeline next as they bring along new products just exhibited at their ‘Open House’ event for the trade only.

Best Tamiya of the Day
This was a hard choice to decide what categories to do as it could end up being endless and after talking with Tamiya we agreed on the following. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd of the best RC Tamiya wheeled vehicle and it will be judged by Tamiya themselves on the day as to what they think is best. It could therefore be a touring car, truck, monster truck, buggy, tank etc., and there are no rules, other than it being a Tamiya for you to enter. It could be an amazingly detailed body or a fun themed but battered car that wins their vote, it could be an amazing box art replica or a bonkers modified to the max Race buggy they love. If you don’t enter your pride and joy you won’t know.

Refreshments
There are refreshments available all day from Café 2 U if you like all your fancy coffees, wraps and Panini’s.

I really really wanted to attend this event but work duty's have put a stop to it . Hope its a great day for all those who can make it .

Looks great. 250-mile round trip for me, will see what time I wake up Saturday and whether I can face the drive or not.

Dang... I would have loved to attend (with my stumpy little menagerie) - but I'm 5000 miles away at the moment!

Hope they run something similar again in the new year!

Have fun everyone!

Jx

I popped into Radshape a month ago and got chatting to one of the guys, apparently this has gone viral and they're expecting it to be a huge event. TBH I was really looking forward to it but I'm not sure now if I'll be going, sounds like it could be a lot of loading and a lot of driving only for it to be too busy to play on the day. It'll cost me about £80 in fuel for the journey - if I stay at home that's £80 towards my Christmas Tamiya.

I hope it's a good event for those of you who go - their drift and race tracks are pretty small but the climbing mountain is excellent, I spent a good hour challenging it with my SCX-10.

Looks like I'm gonna miss it too now... Other commitments have suddenly been dropped on me... Might still make late afternoon... I will shop at radshape now more often after finding out how close it is (only 35 mins away) just a shame to miss the event :-(

A great event. Was great to also meet up with fellow TC members. Images will be going up in my showroom shortly! Again huge thanks to guys at Radshape for hosting the event!

Ant

• Like 1