vrs55

I going to be selling 3 of my tamiya's is it ok to ask on pricing advice

as title I'am going to selling 3 of my tamiya's but was wondering is it ok to ask advice on pricing as don't have a clue as never sold any of my models before lol

Completed listings on eBay are probably as good a measure of market value as anything else, unless it's rare models you are selling.

hi the ones I'am selling are a db01 durga bought last august has full bearing kit 12t etronix phonton brushless system and comes with abisma cr2 radio,next model is a hotshot bought last october it comes with full bearing kit tamiya tz motor and a mtroniks 20t lipo esc and abisma cr2 radio last model is a lancia tt02 bought in january this year has full bearings 12t etronics photon brushless system oil filled shocks and abisma cr2 radio just lookin for a rought idea all have only been run a handful of times so are in good condtion

Being that new, you know the current market price of them pretty well. So you can sell for the same and deduct as much as you want to make a quick sell.

Check ebay as stated above, all of these should be easy to find.

• Like 1

Been looking on eBay at used prices don't think it's worth selling them might aswell keep them I have already talked my self out of selling them lol

I would hang on to them if you don't need the money and have the space. But if you decide to sell them, i would remove all the electronics and only include what came with the kit. That is if you intend to stay in the hobby or you want to replace the electronics with better stuff. Buy new still available kit is like buying a new car, 25% depreciated the moment is out the door.

I had 2 airsoft machine guns with scope, sling, extra ammo clips and batteries, which i used once as test firing and are brand new condition. Need the space so had to sell them for $800 :( , which i paid $5000 for them new :( . I am sure i can get more, but didn't have the time to place the ad, show it, and pack it.

Oh another case if you are not getting nowhere near the money you want, give it away to someone who appreciate it. Might as well let your friends ,relatives etc... get the full beneftts rather than some dude you don't know.

Personally I don't like the idea of selling models. Unless it is an ancient collectible in amazing condition that has managed to appreciate in price over the years, you almost always end up losing money. Plus, in my case at any rate, I find I miss the model when it has gone, and end up buying another to replace it.

I find that my interest in different aspects of the hobby changes over time, and is almost cyclical by nature. I might find myself really enthusiastic about touring cars for example, and leave my trucks undriven for weeks, maybe even months on end. In the past I may have considered selling the trucks and buying more touring cars at this point. However now I know that I am more than likely to come across a cool truck build on the forum, or see a great truck video on Youtube, or have some other experience that rekindles my enthusiasm for trucks, at which point I would be very glad to still have them in my fleet.

So, I am glad to hear you have talked yourself out of selling them. If they aren't grabbing your enthusiasm right now, put them away somewhere safe, either taking the wheels off or putting something under the chassis to take the weight off the wheels (to stop the tyres from deforming), and wait. I am confident that the enthusiasm will return!