mrmarui22

Wild Wendy

Thanks to Matt Hicks for my Wild Wendy 2.

A mate asked me if I told my wife I was getting a mail order girl !!!

Well here she is.

If anyone has a Wendy version 1 they would like to part with, please send me a message.

post-27022-0-65299100-1410527799_thumb.j

post-27022-0-64440400-1410528243_thumb.j

post-27022-0-55340100-1410528281_thumb.j

• Like 1

If anyone has a Wendy version 1 they would like to part with, please send me a message.

Good luck with that, I've only ever seen one for sale.

Agreed - are the Wild Wendy figures also long out of production? Should we be getting demand up for Number 3?

Is it just the head that's different between Wendy 1 & 2?

Is it just the head that's different between Wendy 1 & 2?

The Wendy figure is entirely different.

081011025.jpg

• Like 1

You want them? They could be yours, my friend...

831686-morshuiquan.png

...as long as you have enough rupees. ;)

Please see Toymkr73's profile for more information. I don't know if he would produce another batch, but if enough people contact him...:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=378

By the way, could somebody please tell us about the differences between Wendy 1 and Wendy 2?

Please see Toymkr73's profile for more information. I don't know if he would produce another batch, but if enough people contact him...:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=378

By the way, could somebody please tell us about the differences between Wendy 1 and Wendy 2?

This photo illustrates the main differences:

twowendys_zps92684a14.jpeg

Basically it is the hair, and a casual t-shirt/shorts/sandals look of the original Wendy vs. a racesuit and gloves (and sexy bra ;o) of Wendy II

I'd also be very tempted by a Wendy Mk III if a new batch were to be produced!

Jx

Ahh my Wendy's I have not seen them in so long as they are stored away.

After many emails a couple of years ago to Toymkr73 (Matt) ,which led to a good friendship Matt decided to do another run of the Wendy's which was going to be based upon his first release I offered to do the advertising on TC for him as he is a busy guy ,he re-released Wendy (As seen in the above post with camouflage t-shirt and long hair) without certificate he was using the original mold but was unsure as to how many he would be able to get before the mold became unusable as it breaks down with every few castings eventually the mold did go bust that ended the re-release.

A few months after that he designed a new mold with the all new Wendy (Wearing the racing suit with hair up) including certificate I can't remember how many he made but he pretty much sold the majority of them and I'm not sure if the mold is still in good shape I do remember at the time that he did have a few left over and posted some pictures in his showroom but that was a long time ago.

Wendy is not cheap selling at the time for US$200.00 + postage but remember a lot of work went into casting them in individual parts then painting them (As per the buyers request) numbering them and certifying them with a certificate he would spend many many hours working on each Wendy ,I think the price would have gone up if you could find a Wendy now days ,and I don't think Matt would do another run as he was a bit hesitant when I approached him originally, like I said he is a busy guy very involved with his family and show dogs (in his down time), he makes bronze statues and trophy's which are very detailed and in high demand (this is his bread and butter job).

If another batch were to be produced it would be the IV release of Wendy ,the MK I came with a certificate and the one pictured above in the camouflage t-shirt with long hair although the same did not come with a certificate and her skin color is lighter also she was made some years after the original release these subtle changes if speaking to some of the original Wendy owners are enough to consider the second batch almost a Mk II even though it was from the original mold,I also think this was Matt's take on it as well he was very careful not to step on the toes of the original Wendy owners and made that quite clear during the production run hence the no certificate.

Matt is a master craftsman and a very genuine guy with a big heart, but also a very private person so please take this into account if trying to make contact with him.

So if you’re lucky enough to get a Wendy you should think yourself very fortunate indeed and never let her go as she is really one of a kind.

Good luck with your quest.

Stuart.

• Like 2

That is a great reply Stuart, thank you!

I guess some things are best left as a genuine limited edition.

Jx