Hudson

King cab differential help needed

Hi, I have a kingcab that's used as a runner, its fitted with a 23t Tamiya superstock motor that I have used for some time, I modified the diff using egress diff housings as they are made from alloy not cast material, these have held up for years of use with a fairly tight diff with no problems.

Only one of the egress housings need to be modified if I remember, maybe you can get this done at a local engineering company new you?

• Like 1

If I keep drinking wine at my current velocity I'll soon be feeling reckless enough to hit that 'buy it now' button, can anyone offer an opinion on 32 pitch or 48 pitch for the Thorp ball diff kit?

The original King Cab module is 32 pitch.
48 pitch module is more efficient but weaker, I suggest 32 pitch for two reason:

- You shouldn't change all internal gears to 48 pitch.
- 32 pitch is bigger and stronger.

You can buy both of them but I would use the 48 pitch on the Astute.

Max

Hello everybody!

I´m also a proud King Cab owner and i also have a problem with my differential, it slipps...

...in all my 3 King Cabs!!

So i want to get spareparts for a repair.

My first purchase is 2x Tamiya Ball Diff Grease, i hope this solves the problem, but i`m sure the diff will make troubles in the future.

So i decided to purchase the press parts bag from the Mad Cap (58082) #9405542 & the Mad Cap diff parts (58082) #9405547.

Can anyone advice me if that are the right parts for a King Cab?

Info:

I don`t want to pay a Thorp diff because i don`t think thats necessary, i`m only running the silvercan in it, maybe have a look in my showroom....

I hope my English is somewhat understandable :D

Thanks,

whahooo!

Yes those are the right parts!

I've just this minute finished rebuilding my King Cab's differential using these Madcap parts as they are exactly the same. You will need to re-use your SE1 Ball thrust bearings as the Madcap doesn't have these parts. The 9405547 diff parts bag has two sizes of bearings, small for the Madcap and large for the King Cab.

I have given mine a quick run and it's perfect now :)

Thanks mate!

Ive just ordered the parts.

Now i can rebuild my 3 King Cab differentials. I hope that i`m now able to use my runner again for years.

And i think, i have another set of the ball thrust berings in a superglued spare diff that i bought years ago...

...i´ll see if i can resurrect the ball thrust bearings.

Hmmm.. Wondering how much work it would be, to graft a Blitzer Beetle transmission to the Hilux chassis...

*Goes to have a wee look at both*

On 20/05/2015 at 7:29 PM, Flerbizky said:

Hmmm.. Wondering how much work it would be, to graft a Blitzer Beetle transmission to the Hilux chassis...

*Goes to have a wee look at both*

Any luck with that Blitzer rear end lol... 

4 hours ago, ELEPHT70 said:

I've fitted a Dyna Storm tranny to mine - not too hard to do, a new sub chassis and a bit of chassis trimming (albeit Kingcab chassis are rare - so you can't afford to mess up here!) and much closer in keeping to the KingCab heritage than a Blitzer.

Alternatively check here. There should shortly be a drop in, modern alternative to the Astute/ King Cab / TTC.

On 25/04/2018 at 9:45 AM, ELEPHT70 said:

no... lol

I still think it could work though...lol

I ended up modifying a spare King Cab body and fitted it to my Blitzer Beetle chassis lol. 

Done custom mounted in the back and 3 holes in the body and done! This thing is brushless and absolutely flies. It bore looks cool whilst doing it 😊

I'll get to my King Cab chassis one day... 

20180426_122250.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 8:37 AM, ELEPHT70 said:

I ended up modifying a spare King Cab body and fitted it to my Blitzer Beetle chassis lol. 

Done custom mounted in the back and 3 holes in the body and done! This thing is brushless and absolutely flies. It bore looks cool whilst doing it 😊

I'll get to my King Cab chassis one day... 

20180426_122250.jpg

Love the tyres!

WWD
:)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ELEPHT70 said:

Haha yeah man they absolutely rip on grass!! 

Proline Trac-Ta-Gator 2.2" 

YES! But very hard to find....
WWD
:)