Sign in to follow this  
Wandy

Kyosho Beetle Re-Release

This has been announced at the Tokyo Hobby Show....and possibly the most significant thing about it is that it strengthens the belief that Kyosho are going to continue further down the re-release path...so hopefully the Tomahawk will be announced at next year's Shizuoka show, maybe even sooner.

From the photos it looks like this one might come with the Le Mans motor as standard. And I guess we know why the Scorpion tyres came with the embossed Sand Super tyre wall lettering on one side and the printed Goodyear on the other.

When I first saw these things a while ago I thought they looked ugly and rather toy-like but I am a real fan now so will definitely get one. It will be interesting to see how many of them they sell though.

Photos, from this link.. https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&nv=1&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.hobbymedia.it/52524/kyosho-beetle-riedizione-della-mitica-volkswagen-baja&usg=ALkJrhg7-nvZzOzNzOzu5fHhZ-Mrs6D0JA

kyosho-beetle-new-0_zps3qahguaj.jpg

kyosho-beetle-new-1_zpscd5ziirq.jpg

kyosho-beetle-new-7_zpsqkwwq5vv.jpg

kyosho-beetle-new-6_zpsomqno7dh.jpg

kyosho-beetle-new-3_zpsie4esgcp.jpg

kyosho-beetle-new-5_zpsxgtofego.jpg

kyosho-beetle-new-2_zpsphjmzpri.jpg

kyosho-beetle-new-4_zps6cxumwwp.jpg

• Like 3

Nice to see this one getting re-released! The Tomahawk would be nice as it does look gorgeous...

I remember Percymon talking about an interview with a Team Associated staff member regarding the RC10, where the rep said that vintage buggy racing will be the future class of interest. Intriguing was that the rep spoke as if this was fact instead of speculation - the Kyosho Beetle has me wondering exactly which buggies we will see on that scene.

I doubt anybody would campaign a regular Sand Scorcher or a Buggy Champ, but did the Kyosho Beetle ever face off against those two? I figured the Kyosho version was there to compete against the Sand Scorcher, while the Scorpion took on the Rough Rider.

Either way, seeing Kyosho Beetles and Scorpions competing with RC10s and Super Champs again would really be something...

If I did not already have a multitude of 2WD buggies, I would have bought a Kyosho by now!

Just what I have been hoping for. This a must have for me.

It is really gorgeous.

Nice! I presume the body kit will be available separately for those of us who already have a Scorpion?

Nice! I presume the body kit will be available separately for those of us who already have a Scorpion?

well you can get a body from ***** already, and decals areb't too hard to find - just the body posts and the dust cover needed really ;)

Glad I waited and didn't jump on the scorpion straight away, I prefer the beetle.

• Like 1

Should've seen it coming. Same chassis, different body , double the sales. I can see light buckets will be installed. Like it but no room.

Count me in

Good too see you don't have an RC Addiction at all :lol: ..

• Like 1

Good too see you don't have an RC Addiction at all :lol: ..

Hi, My name is mtbkym01, and it's been 2 days since my last RC kit purchase!

• Like 4

Nice! I was hoping for a Beetle re-release. I really like the Scorpion, but I like the Beetle so much more! This is very tempting :)

I do like it but I won't be purchasing one. I already own a Scorpion and I am putting a Scorcher body on it for my winter project. I want to shorten mine so it doesn't look so awkward in the rear like this does though.

Looks like it will be available just before Xmas.

It will be interesting to see some different takes on the colour scheme of this thing. So far I haven't seen anything that looks nicer than the standard box art, but one thing is for sure...it definitely looks better with clear windows and a driver figure. Anyone know from which model the drivers have been added below?

SC-Beetle-1_zps64aa5d57.jpg

hqdefault_zpsde5d8b22.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone know from which model the drivers have been added below?

hqdefault_zpsde5d8b22.jpg

That's a Scorcher driver, WW head; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=103342

If you brighten up the pics you can see the driver in the re-re

From the alternate bumper pic;

kyobee2.jpg

And

kyobee3.jpg

Helmet visible here;

kyobee4.jpg

Hopefully, they're re-done the driver to include a plastic helmet as opposed to the lexan blob of the original

• Like 1

If you brighten up the pics you can see the driver in the re-re...

Good spot! Wonder why they blacked out the windows then? :blink:

Hi, My name is mtbkym01, and it's been 2 days since my last RC kit purchase!

:lol: & how are you coping with that :D .. :lol: ..

Nice find Wandy. I have a ***** body all painted up and decaled. I was struggling with the front body post.

Now with the re-re it's not an issue. I do wish they were releasing it with the rear clip mount, instead of body post through the windows.

I wonder if those posts will fit the tomahawk

Good spot! Wonder why they blacked out the windows then? :blink:

Could just be overkill on the contrast when they 'photoshop' the pics or underexposure on the picture itself to compensate for the lighting on the stand.

The windows are smoked, but if brighteneing 'em up brings out the driver detail they're not black.

Can't believe they didn't bring out the Tomahawk next :/ oh well probably a good thing for my account!