Sign in to follow this  
Wandy

Kyosho Beetle Re-Release

Hopefully, they're re-done the driver to include a plastic helmet as opposed to the lexan blob of the original

From what I can tell of the helmet, with the chin being more prominent than on the clear-plastic drivers normally seen on Kyosho models, this release will feature a separate plastic helmet. Was the prototype Scorpion also modelled with such a driver?

not another re-re... Is this the same chassis as the scorpion or any different? I may just buy the body kit for flare... I'm not really a vw bug body fan. but this kit looks sweet, different.. but then again, the box art may make me buy another kit.

Due to crazy-busy work, I don't get on here as much as usual. But have just seen this thread. Mixed feelings about these Kyosho re-re's, here's why......

April 2015- Kyosho Announce Re-releases of Optima range

May - Sheriff contacts Wonga.com

June - Sheriff's first batch of Optimas arrive

July - Mrs Sheriff discovers a hoard of Optimas in the attic

August - Mrs Sheriff gives final warning

September - Sheriff contacts Wonga.com again due to imminent release of Turbo Optima - Wonga decline

October - Sheriff thrown out of house, and is forced to live on the streets in a house made up of boxes (Optima boxes)

Could happen!

• Like 5

Due to crazy-busy work, I don't get on here as much as usual. But have just seen this thread. Mixed feelings about these Kyosho re-re's, here's why......

April 2015- Kyosho Announce Re-releases of Optima range

May - Sheriff contacts Wonga.com

June - Sheriff's first batch of Optimas arrive

July - Mrs Sheriff discovers a hoard of Optimas in the attic

August - Mrs Sheriff gives final warning

September - Sheriff contacts Wonga.com again due to imminent release of Turbo Optima - Wonga decline

October - Sheriff thrown out of house, and is forced to live on the streets in a house made up of boxes (Optima boxes)

Could happen!

I think you had better contact Wonga immediately rather than wait. They might be out of business by April 2015, considering the way things are currently going for them. :P

• Like 1

I see that Stella are, surprisingly, the first seller to get hold of these. http://www.stellamodels.com.hk/30614-beetle-road-racer-2014-p-8741.html

Even more surprising is that they are stocking a Kyosho item at all. I guess the fact that they have got hold of them before the Japanese stores is more evidence that these are being made in China.

Yer !! they did say in there Stella thread on the forums a day or two ago .

Mind you they look wrong ! don't like the rear end of the body , looks short . I know it's

may be just me , but that's the way it is . This looks toy grade , not to scale .

• Like 1

Yer !! they did say in there Stella thread on the forums a day or two ago .

Mind you they look wrong ! don't like the rear end of the body , looks short . I know it's

may be just me , but that's the way it is . This looks toy grade , not to scale .

i agree the body on these is pig ugly - too short , too boxy and nothing like a VW Beetle

Kyosho is going the right path, by re-releasing their icons. I'm 100% positive that this is just the beginning. You guys better start to put some extra change aside, you'll need it anytime soon LOL!

• Like 1

I can live with the body, but the wheel base is just too long. Most sellers only show the front and an angle shot of the buggy, but if one goes on Kyosho USA website one can see the wheel base is stretch too much and doesn't look right.

Maybe i'm the only one but i like this thing the way it is :lol: only thing is the front bumper, but this can be easily solved with the optional one that could be seen on some pics already. I'm definately going to get me one of these, it's so iconic ! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Your not the only one!

Have always like the Beetle, sure it doesn't look like a Scorcher, the Beetle has that Baja look going on, I'll be picking up bodies for sure, also looks like the wheels will be available in satin chrome, will be all over them :)

Bring on the Turbo next :)

Look guys you can put lipstick on a pig - its still a pig . This is pig ugly :lol:

• Like 2

:lol::lol: ... We all agree that Miss Piggy is a PROPER, FIND SEXY LADY...I posted this because my Mom lets me stay home for my 7th birthday.

• Like 2

Is difficult to see the wheel base from the angle the photo was taken, but Kyosho version seems a bit long.

BTW..Now available from RC Mart and is little bit cheaper.

It isn't unheard of for a Baja bug to be stretched out a bit in the rear. They get cut up, stretched, welded back together, and sometimes built custom from the ground up with almost no VW parts left in them, all in the name of performance. (And actually, for the original Meyers Manx kits, the VW floorpan had to be shortened several inches.) So I guess if you think of a Sand Scorcher as a stock Beetle with a JC Whitney bolt-on Baja body kit and some off-road tires, then this version is like a more heavily modified not-street-legal desert racer.

• Like 1

Hi there folks,

as I am not too fond of lexan bodies (not very detailed and a pain to cut properly) I was wondering weather a Tamiya SS body would fit the Kyosho Beetle or scorpion chassis for that matter (wheel base wise)?

Has anyone ever attempted this and if so could they please post pics or at least a link to some possible build thread?

Thanks.

Bets regards,

dabigbozz

• Like 1

Hi there folks,

as I am not too fond of lexan bodies (not very detailed and a pain to cut properly) I was wondering weather a Tamiya SS body would fit the Kyosho Beetle or scorpion chassis for that matter (wheel base wise)?

Has anyone ever attempted this and if so could they please post pics or at least a link to some possible build thread?

Thanks.

Bets regards,

dabigbozz

i dont see any reason why a SS body won't fit this - and lets face it anything has to look better than the Kyosho abomination lol