Sign in to follow this  
Quarryman

Help with tyre Super Fighter

Hi

I don't know if this thread classifies as a vintage, but anyhow.

I'm struggling to find good tyres for my Super Fighter GR

I've just orderered Hop Up parts 53085 and 53086 Front and rear Star-Dish Wheels 2WD (hope I did right, and fit the Super Fighter)

Most of my running is in tarmac, so spiked tyres wear out fast...

Any suggestions? Front and rear.

Thanks

For tarmac running I like the Carson treaded tyres from Fusion, which last well on tar and grip reasonably well offroad too.

I don't think the SFGR could be classified as vintage, since some models on the DT-02 chassis are still in production :)

The DT-02 star dish wheels are slightly smaller than 2.2", but for the rear you'll get away with glueing 2.2" buggy tires to the wheels.

The front star dish wheels are narrower than common 2.2" front tires. Some may still fit, but glueing is an absolute necessity in that case. The front star dish wheels are intended to be used with the SFG/SFGR/HB2012/SR2011 specific front tires and with the Carson All-Terrain tires (if available seperately in your region).

The DT-02/DT-03 Astral dish wheels are true 2.2" wheels in width and diameter.

Ok, thanks for the answer.

I think its hard to find tyres online, there should be som kind of standards, with codes for different Dimensions, but thats my opinion :)

Think I'm gonna meet up in my local RC dealer with the rims, making sure I got it right.

Found these tyres on eBay

51427 Rally Tyre

50683 On Road Tyre

Both for M-Chassis

Anyone tried these on star dish Wheels/DT-02? Will they fit? or are the smaller? I can see that the scale is right, 1/10

I run most on asphalt, so the spiked ones wear out fast...

The M-chassis tires you've mentioned are for 42mm diameter M-chassis wheels.

tire diameter = 60mm

tire width = 25mm

Manta Ray tires (same as Super Fighter G rear tires), for 60mm diameter buggy rear wheels:

tire diameter = 84mm

tire width = 38mm

As you can see, the M-chassis tires are way smaller than buggy tires, in fact they are even slightly smaller than regular Touring car tires (d=64mm, w=26mm).

If you are located somewhere in Europe, you should be able to source the Carson All-Terrain wheel/tire set for 2WD buggies:

Carson #900027 front + rear tires preglued on black wheels, no foam inserts

Carson #900028 front + rear tires preglued on chrome wheels, no foam inserts

Carson #11089 front tires only, no wheels, no foam inserts

Carson #11090 rear tires only, no wheels, no foam inserts

Suitable wheels are the whole DT-02/DT-03 range. Front foam inserts can be used from DN-01, rear foam inserts can be used from the DF-02.