APR91

Cars stolen in North West England

Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to post a heads up and ask for help if at all possible.

On Monday evening / Tuesday morning this week somebody broke into my back garden and stole four of my cars that had been stored in one of our sheds. They took the following:

1 x Traxxas Slash in bright orange (Robby Gordon car). They took the car and battery in its box, but the transmitter wasn't with it.

1 x Tamiya XB Mini + battery (This has a union jack sticker on the roof from the additional tamiya decal set so is probably quite unique)

1 x Tamiya Ferrari 458 challenge TT02 in bright yellow (again this was in its box and had a battery and fly Sky receiver + ESC but no transmitter)

1 x Tamiya MO4 BMW Roadster with a HPI Lancia Stratos shell and a tamiya 205 shell. The M04 chassis was altered as described in the article on Black Hole sun's website to fitt the stratos bodyshell so again quite unique. This was again in the M Roadster box, with receiver and ESC, but no transmitter

2 x ECX Torment transmitters - Obviously they thought these were for the cars but hopefully they wont be able to get them to work.

1 x Fusion Vector charger.

Of all the cars, probably the mini was in the worst shape. This belonged to my youngest son and the shell was a little cracked, but in no way was the car in poor condition. The other three were all *** new. The Traxxas had been run twice, the ferrari once and the M04 hadn't since a rebuild and the work to get the bodyshell to fit. As a rule I build my cars for the fun of the build, and not to run. They may drive about the living room, but that's it. They were all in excellent condition.

The nice person that took my cars hopefully won't be able to get any of them to work without buying the correct transmitters, but I probably wont see them again. The cars had been moved into the shed for the weekend to allow me to have some work done in their usual storage location, and just hadn't been put back yet. The Police have been informed, and have visited and took all the details, and my insurance appears tb be covering my loss but if it was possible to get the cars back, or catch the *!*$$!* it would possibly make things a little better.

If anybody has been approached, or sees anything like the above please drop me a message.

Thanks,

Alan

That is terrible - I used to keep my cars in the shed too and always worried about this sort of thing happening - I'd rather they took my real 1:1 car than my collection.

Keep a close eye on Gumtree and the local Facebook pages. I recommend plastering as many pictures on Facebook as quickly as you can, getting people to keep an eye out for you. The more coverage you get the more chances you have of someone clocking them.

Good luck.

Sorry to hear that mate, if I were you I'd keep an eye out on ebay, gumtree and local ads, if they can't shift them locally in pubs etc that's where they'll end up. :(

Sad news.

Set up a search on eBay for new items within 50 miles with daily alerts. You never know ?

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. We are keeping a close eye on ebay and gumtree. Nothing has appeared yet, I'm also going to go to the local cash converters type shops at the weekend just in case.

Best regards,

Alan

Very sad to hear that Alan, I hope the culprits are caught and you get your toys back!

Ahh that's rubbish mate, gutted for you. I'm North West so will keep an eye out too.

I would guess is your neighbours. Who can see you moving the rc into your backyard shed? Was your shed broken in before? i think your neighbourhood back yard has shed too, so why was your broken into, unless this / these individual(s) checked the other sheds and only yours has something worthy of taking. A guy living in the west end of the city will no likely steal from the east end of the city,, which he is not familar with. Crooks don't usually break in, unless they know there is something of value or want. My shed has only some lawn chairs, rusting BBQ, some soil, so they are welcome to take anything they want, save me a trip to the dumpster.

I know is not a nice feeling someone has come into your property, gone through you stuff and help himself.

Unless you back onto a field or main road,I would say it's someone local,and youngish,Keep an eye out at local playgrounds/football pitches/beach etc.Good call about searching eBay by distance.A long shot but,I would put in your watch list any suitable bodyshells and if possible see who wins it,see if they are local! (if that's still possible?) Or even sell a bodyshell with free delivery and get the ******s address!

These toerags sometimes try to move the stolen items on at car boot sales - worth a look locally . Sorry for your loss mate but realistically the chances of ever seeing them again are very slim