Wez-li

TT02 LaFerrari build project.

So I've decided to build a LaFerrari, not sure why there isn't much interest in this car (only one on tc, an unbuilt ta04 version) but here goes.

I wasn't sure which chassis to use, TT02, TA04 or something else entirely, but I knew I wanted to use the LaFerrari body as I think it's unreal.

In the end I picked up a lightly used TT02 which was rtr, I used the Lancia body & wheels on another model and got to work giving it a light clean up as it was a little bit grubby.

I haven't fully stripped it down fully as there isn't much point as I'll be adding bearings & other hop ups shortly.

Here is the TT02 as it stands.

20141009_113304_zps6d590767.jpg

I added a vintage acto-power touring motor as I feel it suits it :)

ESC is an Etronix Probe

20141009_113342-1_zps7d606152.jpg

Hobbyking GT2R 2.4 receiver

20141009_113321-1_zpsee710a11.jpg

These are the wheels, the original tamiya LaF ones don't seem to look big enough (in pics anyway) compared to the 1:1 model, so I'll be using these from a Ferrari Enzo, even Ferrari's need modding sometimes ;)

20141009_113421_zpsc4bb27f0.jpg

Now, onto the nightmare of the body. I happy to admit that I'm awful at painting so please don't expect a "finished body"

Cutting out and masking wasn't that bad, the instructions show masking the entire body and spraying the roof and A pillars black, I just wasn't confident I could do it so I brush painted it with PC5 black instead.

20141008_155553_zpsfbca2bc3.jpg

The body was then sprayed PS34 bright red in my "spray booth"

20141009_113433_zps1852b75c.jpg

Did a few coats, I can already see that I've messed up the front right wing :( gonna remove the plastic in a bit.

Next will be mirrors, air intake and decals.

How shapely :wub:

I look forward to seeing it built. I regretted never getting an original Tamiya Enzo back in the day (around 10 years ago) as they were incredibly common - not so much anymore!

So is this going to be a shelfer?

• Like 1

@ Reilluor - I don't really do shelfers, but I think I might make an exception now I've removed the protective film. It looks a bit too shiny to bash, but will see some light running, might get a spare body to have some fun with the chassis.

The Acto power plant in it's new home ;)

20141009_135937-1_zps0f836fa8.jpg

Gonna start with the stickers now, what could possibly go wrong?

20141009_140841_zpsb00ae025.jpg

• Like 2

Did you 'back' the red with a light colour?

No that's too much like hard work mate, I have enough trouble getting it right with one colour without complicating things!

Finished, took pretty much all evening.

20141009_230108-1_zps1b0f3e97.jpg

Will get some more pics, finish the write up and add it to my showroom later.

Next step, order some hop ups :)

Few more pics of the latest Italian stallion.

20141010_170103-1_zps58d1ce19.jpg

20141010_170135-1_zps4ed94660.jpg

20141010_170053-1_zpsa3efd933.jpg

20141009_225416-1_zps84c4d358.jpg

20141009_230402-1_zps49196713.jpg

20141010_170234-1_zps514540ff.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great wes nice to see one up close have only seen pics on websites will you be running it

• Like 1

Looks great wes nice to see one up close have only seen pics on websites will you be running it

Cheers, the body is the usual high quality you expect from Tamiya, surprised it isn't that popular really.

I'll give it a light run now and again, nothing that could potentially damage it though!

How fragile do those mirrors look?! Be extra careful.

How much different is the TT02 from the TT01? I used to build cars for customers and could assemble and get running a TT01 in under an hour!

I haven't had a TT01 for a while now so can't compare the two side by side.

The TT02 definitely looks more adjustable, and the standard chassis has different settings for ride height, wheelbase length and wide/narrow track in the instruction booklet.

Great job on the body Wez - lots of decals to cut but the end result was well worth your time and patience :)

• Like 1

Cheers dave, it was a pain but turned out ok in the end, TT02 seems a nice little entry level chassis too :)

Cheers, the body is the usual high quality you expect from Tamiya, surprised it isn't that popular really.

I'll give it a light run now and again, nothing that could potentially damage it though!

This model doesn't have the look for me. It reminds me of the current Zonda with those extended side mirrors and the big grin opening, though functional for the real car but doesn't look good...just like the latest zonda.

I agree that it has a little bit of a zonda look about it with those mirrors, but not sure that's a valid reason not to like it.

Bit like saying, "I don't like that woman over there, she looks a bit too much like Scarlett Johansson"

:)

• Like 1

I don't like Scarlett Johansson / the latest Zonda. But does 'Scarlett has a sister :D , i may consider.

Presumably the mirrors stick out to get around the shapely rear end... not unlike Ms Johanssons :D

• Like 2