Sign in to follow this  
1957beetle

Audi Quattro Rally 5836

Pretty new to the hobby. Was lucky enough to come across a really great find at a local thrift shop. It was so great I felt like a won the lottery. Its an old Audi Quattro kit that was obviously started many years ago and not finished. It came with a never used Futaba controller. The plastic body was never used and decal sheets are like new. The kit looks complete.... with maybe some extras thrown in. I would love to keep the kit, but all my hobby toys, RC cars, collectables and personal vehicles are themed VW, this just does not fit in. My question to everyone is how would I best sell this vehicle and if anyone could help me put a close value to it..... that would be so helpful. Hopefully the picture I attached is good enough.

Thanks everyone!

post-43437-0-03301400-1413218291_thumb.j

A fine find! I would be all over that if not for my current Quattro in a much more-used state!

With vintage RC cars, "market price" is really up to what the buyer will pay, but I have seen Quattros in similar condition go for between $350 - $500 USD. A wide range, to be sure, but this one has the box and all parts may be there. I lost a bid on one in similar condition to yours online for what amounted to $600, but that was one crazy auction...

I am sure one or two users here are looking for a nice Quattro right now... Best of luck with moving it! Of course, if you ever change your mind and decide to get it running, I have some tips ;)

Thanks for the info Grastens. So I definitely did good for the big $10 price tag. I'm thinking it might make it's way to an auction site in the future, but I might give the classifieds here a go so the fine members of Tamika Club get a shot first.