mikef350

original blackfoot help needed

Hi all

Just bought a original blackfoot and was wanting to no if the blackfoot3 body shell is the same and has tue same holes to mount the body.

And ive also got the frog pinion and spur gears to run the blackfoot in torque gear ratio as it mentiones in the frog manual would this work or would it ruin the gearing for the blackfoot.ill be using a sport tuned motor

• Like 1

Hi Mike, im pretty sure the body mounting holes are different, but easily altered im sure, maybe someone else can jump in and confirm this as ive only got an original. As for using a larger frog pinion, i have seen this done but be sure to keep an eye on motor temps as it will put the motor and esc under greater load when setting off as your effectively upping the gear ratio quite alot. Myself i would just fit the sport tuned with stock gearing.

Pretty sure it has the original holes plus some more . I might have some yellow MB cva's , I'll let you know

The BF3 shell has holes for both the BF3 chassis and the original Blackfoot ORV chassis, no mods req'd at all.

Thanks chaps,as always your a big help.and kev that would be great.

Hi Mike , sorry mate I've only got King Cab yellow dampers - they are longer . I have 2 new vintage MB yellow damper bodies (they have Fox stamped on them) .

I've tried Frog gears in a Blackfoot before, and all I can say is: don't. It puts a huge strain on the motor, doesn't add any top speed, and makes acceleration nonexistent. Imagine starting off in 3rd gear in your real car, and you'll get the idea.

I would imagine a Blackfoot with a sport tuned motor and stock gearing will feel pretty fast anyway.

Using the 10T long brass pinion along with the Blackfoot counter gear and differential spur gear set is highly recommended.

If you can't get your hands on the Blackfoot gears, you can try an adjustable motor mount with a 10T regular pinion and the Frog gear set in torque configuration. The adjustable mounts are sold on eBay. This way you'll come close to the Blackfoot gearing. Keep an eye if the motor hits the shocks on compression, though.