JWeston

Kumamon Bajon - what are your thoughts?

:blink: if anyone wants to offload their Kumamon bear after buying one of these HIT ME UP!!

*evil plans*

:blink: if anyone wants to offload their Kumamon bear after buying one of these HIT ME UP!!

*evil plans*

I fear for that poor bear's safety and well being. :lol:

• Like 2

I think it looks better with the bear driving than with Farmer Bob. I don't know the character, but I see where they're going.

Gives me some interesting ideas about a custom body for this chassis.... like... say... Rat Fink?

ed-roth-the-car-customization-king-of-th

• Like 1

[Threads merged]

Have gone nuts in the Tamiya factory... they need new rc designers these days!

.. they need new rc designers these days!

Well, since more than a decade, in non-domestic forums Tamiya are repeatedly accused of not knowing what the customers want. If that had been true, wouldn't Tamiya eventually discover how "badly" the market responds to their strategy and stop making all the "stupid" decisions?

And with regard to "Kumanon" specifically, the 95068 Mini 4WD Kumanon Version (see pic) has just been released in a 4th production run. An item that was supposed to be a limited single production run only and has proven immensely popular (in Japan).

I'm not saying that Tamiya never do mistakes, but not by far as consistently as many foreign fans are claiming. If they did, they wouldn't have been even remotely as successful as they are, but instead probably bankrupt a long time ago. They know very well what they're doing in the Tamiya HQ.

10296591_10152396992517407_4186131460471

• Like 1

Hey mates, they are Japaneses at the end.

Max

japan_zps253947b1.jpg

• Like 1

Is this the Black special version of the tractor :P

I think it bearly qualifies as a black special.

• Like 3

I think it bearly qualifies as a black special.

:lol:

Ursa funny guy right here ^^

I wonder what other ideas the Tamiya designers have bruin?

• Like 2

For what it's worth, I think it's pretty awesome. I think it would've been cooler driving something a bit more radical than a tractor (a fast buggy or similar). It's quirky and cool all the same.

I think Tamiya are trying to 'pander' to the Japanese market with this one ;) (sorry)

• Like 4

I'll have two pints of whatever they're smoking please!

Actually I prefer it to the Farm King...

And now it only remains to see if Tamiya will give us a WR-02 version of the Mini 4WD Shirokumakko too:

10407349_10152397332132407_3539403887174

I think that version might be even more "polar"izing...
  • Like 3

I would actually be curious to get a perspective from a Japanese citizen. My best guess is that the Kumamon might be wildly popular with people - including many that might not be Tamiya or RC fans. If that is the case - mission accomplished. That may be the ultimate validation of a marketing strategy - getting new customers from outside the normal base.

Kumamon has been pretty popular since 2010 and that is actually a short amount of time to break into new markets and get such a following.

I'm still greatly puzzled by the whole tractor thing, but what the heck, I'll buy this one. :blink: Looks like fun to drive and ... it is Kumamon!

• Like 1

My better half thinks Kumamon's face shows an expression of terror. Like if he has accidentally run over someone and left him for dead.

• Like 1

My better half thinks Kumamon's face shows an expression of terror. Like if he has accidentally run over someone and left him for dead.

:lol: