Grumpy pants

Tyre Help Please For My TT01E

Hello All,

I have a TT01E Golf that I recently took to the Snetterton meet, which was great fun.

The track is Tarmac and I have the slicks that came with car, but one of the tyres came off the rim.

So my plan is to stick the tyres on...should I fit tyre foam before doing so?

My guess is that the foam gives the tyre more support and possibly helps the wear rate?

I thought about buying some treaded tyres in case it's damp or wet next time I go.

Do you have any recommendations at all?

My current rims have a +2 off set and are 26mm in width.

As always, apologies for any stupid questions and thank you for all tips!

G.P

I raced a TT01 a few years ago and found the best tyres on tarmac were proper touring car tyres, tamiya tyres were quite slippery. See if you can find a touring car racer and get a set of their practice tyres, normally they have quite a bit of life left and are quite cheap, but come with plain disc rims.

• Like 1

I raced a TT01 a few years ago and found the best tyres on tarmac were proper touring car tyres, tamiya tyres were quite slippery.  See if you can find a touring car racer and get a set of their practice tyres, normally they have quite a bit of life left and are quite cheap, but come with plain disc rims.

Sorry for the thread hijack but what are those plain disc rims all about?

• Like 1

Hello All,

I have a TT01E Golf that I recently took to the Snetterton meet, which was great fun.

The track is Tarmac and I have the slicks that came with car, but one of the tyres came off the rim.

So my plan is to stick the tyres on...should I fit tyre foam before doing so?

My guess is that the foam gives the tyre more support and possibly helps the wear rate?

I thought about buying some treaded tyres in case it's damp or wet next time I go.

Do you have any recommendations at all?

My current rims have a +2 off set and are 26mm in width.

As always, apologies for any stupid questions and thank you for all tips!

G.P

I would get these for racing/ running at the track - and yes get a set of foams for the stockers it will help greatly - or if you don't like those wheels most HPI tires are VERY nice and come with foams

http://www3.omnimodels.com/cgi-bin/woi0001p?&I=HPIC0734&P=7

• Like 1

I've jumped in and made my first Banzai order today.

I've ordered two sets of foam, 2 sets of rims and 4 semi slicks.

All Tamiya.

I'm intrigued to see how long it will take and whether or not I get stiffed by Customs and R.M

Sorry for the thread hijack but what are those plain disc rims all about?

More aerodynamic?, I know when I raced they were as cheap as chips, you could get 4 for less than the price of 2 Tamiya rims

• Like 1