JWeston

Iconic Meets

Really looking forward to the 21st December now :)

What was the grip like on the wet astroturf with the various "kit" tyres? My previous experience with Tamiya tyres on astroturf made for gingerly progress!

• Like 2

Sorry to read about the Clumber shenanigans/disappointment however, the A1 club replacement looks like it will be more than adequate!

Keep up the good work chaps! :)

• Like 2

We both had a great day , so thanks for all who organised it at short notice.....

It was nice to see all the old favourites running around like it was 30 odd years ago, in fact all the things I wanted then but could not afford, even got the brave pills out and ran the 959, which ran very well with no problems.

Only casualties were the Boomerang bumper and the WW2 shedding parts throughout the wheelie race but kept running and also managed to let the magic smoke out of the icharger ....

Hope to make the 21st of Dec.

• Like 2

Really looking forward to the 21st December now :)

What was the grip like on the wet astroturf with the various "kit" tyres? My previous experience with Tamiya tyres on astroturf made for gingerly progress!

Craig, I only ran a couple of buggies and the grip was fine for me. Striker and Neo Scorcher. Neither very fast though.

I do know people had some slippy experiences. The Blackfoot Xtremes for whatever reason. Maybe because they're brushless.

Tamiya oval blocks worked well apparently.

The surface was wet from Saturday's rain and stayed wet all day despite the sun being out.

• Like 2

Watching the madly understeering Blackfoot in the video is what made me think about it.

I have just ordered a new set of DT02 rears which I will solely use for astro (in readiness for next years DT02 challenge :) ) - hopefully they will suffice. Hopefully the remaining spikes of my Mud Blaster tyres will also do the job!

Looks a great venue - not much track for you to set up either! :)

• Like 1

So to confirm then...

We could come along and run non- iconic/ vintage cars provided they are 1/10 electric, and we have BRCA etc???

I have in mind Desert Gator, HB 2010, C4.2 & B44...

• Like 2

So to confirm then...

We could come along and run non- iconic/ vintage cars provided they are 1/10 electric, and we have BRCA etc???

I have in mind Desert Gator, HB 2010, C4.2 & B44...

That's correct. Attendees typically bring 1:10 electric trucks, buggies, rally and that sort of thing. Both vintage and modern.

Basically what you see in Tamiya Monkey's video and I'll showcase all of the different types in my video this week.

No formal racing. Just a relaxing day where people actually spend a lot of it chatting in the pits! :D

BRCA required.

• Like 2

This looks great John, well done on getting it organised and so quickly as well.

It's 45 minutes closer to home for me, which still some distance but I will becoming asap

• Like 2

My video of the November meet at A1 Racing Club. They bailed us out with less than 2 days notice and charged attendees just £3 each to run on the day.

Saved mine and Tamiya Monkey's sanity. These meets will be a plenty through 2015.

• Like 3

Really looking forward to the Iconic meeting at shrccc in the new year, I had better put the electrics back in my YZ10 for some practice ready for the revival meeting :ph34r:

I will be able to bring all my cars to schrccc as its practically on my door step :D

Wonder how many HB's and SR's will turn on the day for some practice for the DT02 challenge ................. ;)

• Like 4

I like the sound of this thread... I'm guessing there's a few of you out there who don't want me bringing my electrical VooDoo!! to these meets.. But I might have to come along to a few, if only to try and get my cars running properly :wacko:

I also hear there is one at Snetterton on April 11th

And I also here talk of a similar meet in Colchester which has a trail park and track. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Nice one Steve :D

Snetterton is penciled in for Saturday 11th April and I'll confirm once it's fully booked with them.

Potential meets at 4 other clubs but nothing confirmed until the dates are set. Clubs are needing to wait until the new year to find out dates for nationals etc and then Iconic will hopefully slot in on available weekends. Plan is for every other month over the winter and then every month from April to September.

• Like 3

Top shout to JWeston and all the others involved for sorting these meets out - I've been meaning to get along to an Iconic meet for some time but always seem to leave it too late and get booked up. I missed out on the original Clumber Park meets when I first joined TC and only just made it to the TamiyaClub bash in 2012 (fantastic day out), I seriously do intend to get along to an Iconic meet within the next 12 months. I don't know if I can commit to the December meet yet (uncertain weather and short daylight hours might make it a short day for a 7 hour round trip and £100 on fuel) but I'll watch this thread for interest and get a day sorted where I definitely show up.

What's the potential for overnighting in the club car park in a small camper? I'm trying to avoid having to do 7 hours motoring in one day! :D

• Like 2

Top shout to JWeston and all the others involved for sorting these meets out - I've been meaning to get along to an Iconic meet for some time but always seem to leave it too late and get booked up. I missed out on the original Clumber Park meets when I first joined TC and only just made it to the TamiyaClub bash in 2012 (fantastic day out), I seriously do intend to get along to an Iconic meet within the next 12 months. I don't know if I can commit to the December meet yet (uncertain weather and short daylight hours might make it a short day for a 7 hour round trip and £100 on fuel) but I'll watch this thread for interest and get a day sorted where I definitely show up.

What's the potential for overnighting in the club car park in a small camper? I'm trying to avoid having to do 7 hours motoring in one day! :D

Cheers Sir! :D

The December meet is going to be EPIC with food and mulled wine and a Sleigh Race so please do try and come if you can. I just need BRCA numbers from attendees in advance.

I've checked with A1 and they can't do onsite camping during the winter. There's a services 1 minute away though with a big carpark and also a Travelodge,

J

• Like 1

Sleigh race? Sounds interesting. Any further details? Best get building a sleigh... :)

• Like 1

Sleigh race? Sounds interesting. Any further details? Best get building a sleigh... :)

Will be good to see you there, Keith.

It's very much open to interpretation but we're basically expecting 'Sleighs' being pulled along by RC Cars. Should be a giggle.

Trophies for Best Sleigh and for Sleigh Race Winner. Also a Trophy for Wheelie Race winner.

Snetterton RC Track is now booked.

These are the next 3 meets:

Sunday December 21st: A1 Racing Club

http://www.a1racingclub.com/

£3 per attendee. BRCA Required.

Sunday February 1st: Surrey & Hants Radio Control Car Club

http://www.shrccc.co.uk/

£3 per attendee. BRCA Required.

Saturday April 11th: Snetterton Park

http://www.itsabigshop.co.uk/#!location/cwvn

£6 per attendee. BRCA Not Required.

All entry fees go to the clubs.

• Like 1

Saturday at West Bridgford's Round 2 was awesome. 28 Iconic entries.

img30876_01122014074340_2.jpg

img30876_01122014074340_3.jpg

img30876_01122014074340_1.jpg

That looks like great fun! Almost enough to tempt me back into racing.

I especially like the looks of the Rally class. I have a Scooby-bodied TL01LA that would fit right in... :)

• Like 1

There will be a charity raffle for a Brand New Tamiya Kit at the next Iconic Meet at A1 Racing Club on Sunday 21st December.

Courtesy of Stanton C013. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/stanton-co13?_rdc=1

Proceeds to Lincs/Notts Air Ambulance.

A reminder that all attendees need a BRCA License. No exceptions. Spectators welcome.

Also: Hot Food. Sleigh Race. Wheelie Race. Wheelie Football.

• Like 1