JWeston

Iconic Meets

Any tyre recommendations they are currently on Kit tyres, which seem OK on Tarmac but it can't hurt to have an alternative?

Any tyre recommendations they are currently on Kit tyres, which seem OK on Tarmac but it can't hurt to have an alternative?

Should be great on Tarmac, yep, it's just that they'll wear down a bit quicker compared to off-road. My Neo Scorcher was epic around the Snetterton on-road track with kit tyres.

• Like 1

I've got a load of cars and my BRCA membership all sorted out to attend the next event - it's a long drive for me but I'm so excited, can't wait to be there :D

Do I need to do anything other than confirm my attendance on Facebook?

• Like 1

I've got a load of cars and my BRCA membership all sorted out to attend the next event - it's a long drive for me but I'm so excited, can't wait to be there :D

Do I need to do anything other than confirm my attendance on Facebook?

Ax, all you need is your RC and your BRCA. Just report to the control hut when you get there with your £3 and your BRCA card and then all sorted.

GHz is best for an easier day otherwise let people know you have MHz. It's open track so it's up to everyone to be mindful of MHz radio.

No need to pre-book on facebook or anything. Just turn up. Will be good to meet you.

Thanks, J

• Like 2

What's the beef if the weather is bad? I'll be watching the forecast but do people still show if it's a washout? I'll be travelling up the night before, if the forecast is really bad I'll probably pull out as it's a long way to go to find nobody shows, or to sit in the van all day staring glumly at the skies ;)

• Like 1

What's the beef if the weather is bad? I'll be watching the forecast but do people still show if it's a washout? I'll be travelling up the night before, if the forecast is really bad I'll probably pull out as it's a long way to go to find nobody shows, or to sit in the van all day staring glumly at the skies ;)

Gazebos are worth it if rain is forecast. We all agree though that we've been on so many meets where it was meant to rain and didn't.

It's down to the individual if they risk it or not.

• Like 1

Yesterday's Iconic Meet was a wash out but those that braved it all had a good time!

Top vid - looks like there was fun to be had for those who aren't water soluble :)

I think that (at last) justifies my decision to give it a miss this time - I was in the cafe at Silverstone at midday Saturday, having stopped half-way to Grantham to watch the opening round of the Britcar series, when the BBC weather came on. The weather presenters words were something like "It's going to be a very soggy day for everybody tomorrrow." Given that I'd spent nearly two weeks preparing my cars and an hour loading the van and had already done 2 hours travelling with another two to go, my heart plummeted like a stone :(

I'm now attempting to pull every string going to get to the Snetterton event in April. For the record, this means swapping my on-call rota for Easter weekend, finding someone to look after my dog and convincing the fiance that I can get back from the track in time to pick her up from her hen do... I may need some pulleys to help me with all these strings :lol:

• Like 1

strings pulled...

• Like 1

The next Iconic Meet is coming up fast. :D

Saturday & Sunday April 11th & 12th: Snetterton Park

http://www.itsabigsh...#!location/cwvn

£6 per attendee per day. BRCA Not Required.

If you plan to camp onsite, there is electricity and it's £7.50 per night and available on Friday and Saturday.

Nice one John,

I intend to be there and after buying new tx, rx's, motor, esc's and batteries my electrical gremlins were still worrying me. (there's a few of you out there that know my luck with electrical problems) So I decided my last final attempt at getting a reliable runner was going straight to Mr Tamiya.... :)

I bought a RTR Tamiya XB Porsche all I had to add was AA batteries... Its not a fast car, its not a great handling car, but the plan is lots of running :)

Unlike usual ah lads !!!!!!!

Don't know who's going, but I'll be there on the Saturday..

• Like 3

Great video John,

A little wet early on but then it dried up nicely........ and even I gots lots of running in.

My electrical gremlins stayed away till right near the end.

:D:D :D :D

• Like 1

How long does it take to process BRCA membership? I might come to WLRC, but not a member, but would join if I decide to come.

Didn't know if it was a pure online purchase, or whether it sends off an email for someone to action manually.

How long does it take to process BRCA membership? I might come to WLRC, but not a member, but would join if I decide to come.

Didn't know if it was a pure online purchase, or whether it sends off an email for someone to action manually.

You register online here: http://www.brca.org/

It costs £17 for December to December and you receive your BRCA number immediately and are able to race.

The actual card arrives in a couple of weeks but you can give the West London Club your number and explain you've just signed up if you don't have the card.

I'm in :D

Last year was awesome :D

Both days for me ........... Running an Astute on the Saturday and then my Boomerang and Yokomo YZ10 on the Sunday

• Like 1

Had a look around the A1 Website and the FB page but cannot find what I need to do to make sure my Manta Ray is legal for the 4WD race? Motors/ESCs etc? Am I just not looking hard enough? :)

Had a look around the A1 Website and the FB page but cannot find what I need to do to make sure my Manta Ray is legal for the 4WD race? Motors/ESCs etc? Am I just not looking hard enough? :)

Have a look at the files section of the Iconic Group.

This is the one you need. The final version of this will be emailed to all entrants. https://www.facebook.com/groups/iconicrc/1029359740410795/

• Like 1

Thanks John! :)

Love it - so the only rule regarding car build is:

Motors - There are no restrictions on motors.

LOL! Excellent! :D

Yesterday's Bank Holiday meet at West London Racing Centre was such an all round success that we're getting together again on the August Bank Holiday. Great stuff. :D

The next meet is at Robin Hood Raceway in North Nottinghamshire this coming Sunday. An Iconic week! :D

Sunday May 10th: Robin Hood Raceway

http://www.robinhoodraceway.com/

£5 per attendee. BRCA Required.

Saturday & Sunday June 27th & 28th: Snetterton Park

http://www.itsabigsh...#!location/cwvn

£6 per attendee per day. BRCA Not Required.

Bank Holiday Monday August 31st: West London Racing Centre

http://www.wlrc.co.uk/

£5 per attendee. BRCA Required.