Sign in to follow this  
taliesin

CC-01 wheelbase - which bodies have what wheelbase

Wow, that's a lot of "w" words, LOL. Or should I say "wots"...? :lol:

I have the CC-01 Land Cruiser, but fancy a Wrangler or Pajero shell (or maybe a second kit). I've even seen the abominably named Landfreeder going for dirt cheap and thought maybe that would be an option.

I know there are several different wheelbases - just not sure about swapping body shells without making modifications. Certainly, I'm looking for simplicity. I'd rather buy a second kit than spend much time changing the configuration back and forth.

Is there a list of wheelbases that corresponds to body styles and what bodies can be easily swapped?

For example: Is it just a matter of body mounts to swap a Wrangler shell on a Pajero? Or will a Pajero fit on a Land Cruiser without changing the shock position, links, etc.?

I did a search but didn't find what I was looking for. I'm pretty sure I've read discussions about the different wheelbases before though.

I believe body mounts do not change, only need a longer drive shaft with the longer wheel base. The chassis has another mounting / link point for long wheel base body. One can extend the prop shaft without buying it from Tamiya.

The extende wheel base for the old XC / CC was only the Honda CRV, the rest are short wheel base

VW Touareg is long wheel base (I converted a Pajero) Needed longer prop shaft, set of body posts (and obviously body shell and wheels)

I wouldn't be keen on keep swaping between SWB and LWB as there's too much of a change of stripping the threads on the suspension mount points. That's why I build a second one.

The CC-01 is available in three wheelbases:

Short wheelbase (242mm):

49490 Mitsubishi Pajero Metaltop Wide

57701 XB Mitsubishi Pajero Rally Sports
57782 XB Mitsubishi Pajero Metaltop Wide

57815 XB Mercedes-Benz Unimog 406 Series U900
57818 XB Ford Bronco 1973
57843 XB Mercedes-Benz Unimog 406 Series U900 Orange version

58132 Mitsubishi Pajero Metaltop Wide
58141 Jeep Wrangler

58152 Isuzu Mu

58166 Isuzu Mu Type X

58249 Mitsubishi Pajero (never released kit version of 57701)

58457 Mercedes-Benz Unimog 406 Series U900
58469 Ford Bronco 1973

58579 LandFreeder

84071 Jeep Wrangler

Medium wheelbase (252mm):

57810 XB Toyota Land Cruiser 40

58445 Toyota Land Cruiser 40

58564 Toyota Land Cruiser 40 Black Special

Long wheelbase (267mm):

57877 XB Toyota FJ Cruiser
58178 Honda CR-V
58324 Volkswagen Race Touareg
58588 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Short wheelbase:

10606484_10152406996932407_5645936005731

Medium wheelbase:

10734219_10152406996412407_4514602425047

Long wheelbase:

10346614_10152406998112407_8688188511680

Propshaft item numbers (add a "1" in front for current 8-digit number system):

Short wheelbase: 4135043

Medium wheelbase: 4135066

Long wheelbase: 4135050

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

if you fancy a Jeep body then consider the New Bright wrangler . Its cheaper than the tamiya one and decent quality . Just buy one of these toy level rc and give the body a respray as you fancy . Not quite a direct fit on a short wheelbase CC-01 needing a bit of cutting to clear the steering servo but really easy to mount up using the standard mounts .

Thanks guys, that is exactly the info I was looking for!

I thought my Land Cruiser was the odd wheelbase model. What really strikes my fancy is the Pajero or Wrangler hard bodied trucks and I might just get one of those and build a second full runner. Maybe even a full body set & posts to swap b/w those two - but only occasionally or maybe after one gets trashed. Wheels aren't an issue since I would run aftermarket beadlocks.

Despite the hideous name, the Landfreeder is cheap as chips right now, so ... hmmmm, maybe I could live with that body for a while. <_<

Yesterday a NIB Wrangler came up for about $40 less than the cheapest price I've seen lately and I just bit the bullet and ordered it. I was almost ready to buy a Landfreeder and swap the body later for a hard shell, but now ... I've got the one I really wanted on the way.

Woot.

Bumping this thread with a new question..... I'm about to receive a CC-01 roller with a nicely painted Landfreeder shell but I'd like to put a cheap shell on to bash about with but I suspect the LandFreeder is the cheapest shell there is already.... if not, anyother suggestions?

Looks like the Landfreeder shell is 242mm Wheelbase so I would like to stick to that option.

Not bothered about looks or style too much, if it came with window masks that would be a bonus, even a second hand shell would be of interest to me.

Cheers just messaged the seller if he can read English and if he'll post from Poland to UK

If you have trouble just let me know - I'd be happy to receive it and send it on. Ebay says the seller is in Germany so postage to me would be 6 EUR and I'd estimate another 10-15 EUR to send it safely to the UK.

Cool thanks Illogical.. I thought it was Poland lol, Germany is just next door :)

I might bid and if I win I will pay and try to message him somehow.... to explain this situation :)

I can't place a bid as EBay won't allow as the seller has not specified postage to the UK where my EBay account is registered.

Illogical would you fancy bidding for me and I'll PayPal you the total after with postage... Max bid of 15 Euro if you do cheers.