Sign in to follow this  
mcovalsk

Blazing blazer will not be reissuesd, confirmed!

The Blazing Blazer will NOT be ever reissued.

So those who were offended because are selling their models could rest in peace...

I unsubscribed from this post so don't spent time answering, investigating and insulting me LOL LOL

Happy modelling :-)

This is amazing news. I just got a Hilux and will be more than happy to settle for a rere for the Blazer :-)

This info sounds about 5 months and 14 days too early

I haven't done a detail comparison for the mounty/bruiser vs blazer/hilux chassis, but i think the two are very close and Tamiya just have to do some minor modify the re re chassis inoder for the blazer body to fit. The other question is will the front wheels have the manual locking hubs or the same set up as the current re re 3 spd? Or

Could the current CC/XC chassis with its short, med. and long chassis version fit the blazer or hilux body? This will be more within the budget to most/more individuals.

I am sure Tamiya can forecast how many re rel Blazer or hilux will be sold asTamiya has done enough re release to see if there is any correlation between the figures for the origin model when first released to the re released version figures.

I hope Tamiya don't make the same mistake like with the sand rover and ruin the unique dune buggy body with all the opennings made at the front and at the rear.

This is the one I have been waiting for.

Will be really interested to see what they do about tires. Nothing they make now has the same dimensions as the original and they are all part of the charm IMHO.

I would think that if their willing to put it back into production that they will go to the small trouble of reproducing the original tires . We can only hope so .

Please please please Tamiya don't mess this up !

I want those tires, loads of them, my Willies need new rubber.

• Like 2

I haven't done a detail comparison for the mounty/bruiser vs blazer/hilux chassis, but i think the two are very close

The Hilux/blazer chassis has more differences and than similarities when comparing it to the Bruiser/Mounty chassis. Aside from a few screws, I think the only things they share are the axle cases. I can't imagine Tamiya would issue a faithful rere.

• Like 1

I think, we already have the new cast gear box ( a beauty), the tires wouldn't be a problem at all as they re-re the sand scorcher ones and these are just bigger.

Then the metal parts are few, the axles are almost the same and the radiogear proved with the sand scorcher not to be a problem.

I think that Tamiya has proved not to have fear to go on with old kits, so I'm very positive about this and probably one of the best shots from Tamiya since many years ago..

I have seen the tires on eBay (repro). And my guess is somebody is doing test runs moulding them.

Although I have little doubt that it will be re-released ....eventually.... these days I take with a pinch of salt the claims of people when they have heard "news on the grapevine". I seriously doubt that anyone has a credible contact within the walls of Shizuoka.

It would be great though to get a 959 re-release at next year's Shizuoka Fair in May and then a Blazing Blazer re-release at the Tamiya Fair this time next year. B)

• Like 1

Big mind "Rosey" has talked. plap plap plap ( my hands applauding ) :-)

I'm desperately going to tamiyablog to know the lastest news from 2 months ago.

Seriously, your post put me in a good mood, remember tiny minds need cheap answers to be happy LOL LOL

I love you too LOL LOL

Big mind "Rosey" has talked. plap plap plap ( my hands applauding ) :-)

I'm desperately going to tamiyablog to know the lastest news from 2 months ago.

Seriously, your post put me in a good mood, remember tiny minds need cheap answers to be happy LOL LOL

I love you too LOL LOL

He was referring to me! Don't try to claim that title from me :lol:

You know the rules for guys? ...our two norgans have an inverse relationship, the bigger the one the smaller the other and vice versa... that is why are keep telling others like myself to pace oneself. :rolleyes:

That has to be one of the more unusual exchanges...

I am kind of hoping Tamiya does not re-release the Blazing Blazer yet. I have lived too long in a glorious era of re-releases only to never touch them, meaning I was either born too late, too early, not "responsible enough with finances" (read: did not make the Tamiya budget big enough!)... But really, that is just me.

What I really look forward to is what other TC members can do with such a re-release! Now to see if/when it happens.

Although I think Rosey chose some words that are a bit harsh, I basically agree with him and Wandy. I'm relatively new here on TC with my current nick, but I was active almost from the very beginning and for many years with a different nick, and in the history of TC, I can't recall a single claim of having "inside information" actually turning out to be true.

Remember the claim about "knowing" the re-re Holiday Buggy coming on the original chassis? Or "knowing" the abandoned SCT-project being turned into the Vajra? (the most ridiculous rumour ever, imho). Or "knowing" about the re-re Egress and its (wrong) new item number? Just to name a few.

Of course there are some cases of "telling TC about inside information of future releases" where exactly these models have eventually been released, but in my opinion, these are either cases of blind luck or cases of new releases so easy to predict they can be considered educated guesses. I mean, how difficult was it to predict that the Egress would eventually be released after the re-re Avante and the Vajra had already hit the market? Or the re-re Sand Scorcher after the re-re Rough Rider/Buggy Champ? Or the re-re Super Champ/Fighting Buggy once the SRB had already been re-released? Or the re-re Mountaineer/Mountain Rider after the re-re Bruiser? And if the predictions had been wrong, hardly anyone would have noticed.

And in all the cases where people have claimed "knowing" and "having inside information" and the information they have "leaked" has proven to be incorrect, they are hardly ever confronted with their....(let's be honest and blunt).....lies, simply because their claims are meanwhile forgotten. As human beings, we are good at recalling having heard about a topic whenever it resurfaces. If it doesn't resurface, then.....well....it's simply forgotten. Those behind the "inside information" are mostly good at pointing out that "they were right about their inside information" whenever they have luck with their guesses/lies, but will probably never admit being wrong when their guesses/lies don't materialize in reality.

People have visited the Tamiya HQ in Shizuoka, claimed they were guided by Mr. Tamiya personally and being shown "secret" future release items, like Sand Scorcher Mini 4WD, TTG Sand Scorcher, TTG Wild Willy and several others that have turned out to be wrong. Some have even claimed that Mr. Tamiya (or Tamiya associates) told them about future releases so secret that they had to promise not telling anybody, thus just claiming knowing about "super secret" future releases. It's very easy to argue like this, knowing it's impossible to be caught lying. Also, why on earth should Tamiya share secrets with random visitors/customers when even the country distributors are mostly informed just shortly before actual release of an item?

I worked for a Tamiya country distributor for 17 years (1983-2000) and though I as a Tamiya fanatic was (and am) very eager at snapping up early information about new releases, it happened only once during these 17 years that I experienced Tamiya sharing a tiny bit of a vague hint of what might get released;

At the Eurocup Finals in 1996 (in Kloten, outside Zurich, Switzerland), the Tamiya HQ representatives held a meeting with visiting associates from the European country distributors. We were asked what we thought about about a possible re-release of the Wild Willy. No information from them whether it would be on the original chassis, when it would be released or any other details. As we all know, the Wild Willy 2 was released three years later, surely a decision mostly based on surveys in Tamiya's domestic (major) market, but the discussions at the Euro Finals in 1996 can maybe be considered a very vague hint, but nothing more.

As for information to the distributors about future releases in general, in pre-/early-internet times, Tamiya HQ sent faxes to the country distributors typically 2-3 months before the actual release, mostly with a short description and an early black&white version of the boxart (not a greytone version of the coloured boxart). During 17 years, my colleagues and I didn't even once experience getting any earlier information than this. In today's much more competitive market, I can't possibly imagine that Tamiya has become less careful!

Now and then we experience how distributor employees claim having inside information from Tamiya Japan too, but I have never experienced this being true. There however exist enough indications about how little information Tamiya HQ shares with the distributors. Just one of many examples; the German distributor Dickie (by now a distributor for a major part of continental Europe and surely not totally insignificant to Tamiya Japan) presented their own (Carson) versions of the Race Touareg and Lamborghini Gallardo at the 2004 Nuremberg Fair when Tamiya simultaneously presented their models/bodies of the same cars. Considering the cost and effort involved in a new body/model, it's highly unlikely that Dickie would have done this if they had known what Tamiya had up their sleeves. Dickie discontinued their Touareg and Gallardo shortly after, imho a further indication that they were surprised by Tamiya's releases and got the information about them just before or even at the Nuremberg Fair.

I'm not saying that the OP of this thread is lying. He might very well have received the "information" from somebody else that he considers to be credible, but I honestly think it's extremely naive or an indication of little experience with the topic of future releases (sorry!) to actually believe and spread such rumours, claiming them to be reality. The Blazing Blazer may or may not eventually be re-released, but based on countless cases of similar rumours like the one presented in this thread, I see no reason to believe it before Tamiya Japan announces it or another credible source presents pictures of a model that is clearly a re-release/new version of the Blazing Blazer.

For fun, I might just as well join the "insiders" ;-) => I "know" (because my best friend Mr. Tamiya told me) that the Striker will be re-released in 2015. It will get item number 58637 and apart from getting Wild One wheels and tires and no MSC, it will be identical to the original. Anyone who claims this "inside information" to be incorrect simply doesn't know Mr. Tamiya as well as I do. As a matter of fact, he hasn't even informed anyone at Tamiya HQ about his decision to re-release the Striker yet. Just me, because I'm so important!

1. If my claim should turn out to be correct, trust me to brag to you all how "I knew it", and link to this thread to "prove" it.

2. If the Striker should actually be re-released, but the details I provide here should turn out to be incorrect, trust me to brag about being "basically correct", but that I "forgot" to tell you all that Mr. Tamiya changed his mind about some details or some other ridiculous reason why my "first inside information" wasn't fully correct.

3. If my claim should turn out to be totally incorrect and the Striker isn't re-released, trust me to never point out to you that I just lied about it. And if none of you should confront me with my lie, trust me to present more "inside information" in the future. OK, so that would make me a liar, but playing an "important insider" is very good for my ego and I don't care if I mislead you. ;-)

• Like 8

That has to be one of the more unusual exchanges...

I am kind of hoping Tamiya does not re-release the Blazing Blazer yet. I have lived too long in a glorious era of re-releases only to never touch them, meaning I was either born too late, too early, not "responsible enough with finances" (read: did not make the Tamiya budget big enough!)... But really, that is just me.

What I really look forward to is what other TC members can do with such a re-release! Now to see if/when it happens.

The moderater has turned us into a civilized bunch of fine gentlemen. we are well mannered at all times, but with a touch of heavy current underneath from time to time....NOT.

Mokei or Focker, you realized you broke that " circle of trust" with the man by breaking the code of non-diclosure. But, you are protected by the whistle blower law passed by the US. Well done, now we can start saving and willingly :) putting in the OT at work.

• Like 1

Oh look, a Striker! STRIKERRRRR

I will continue to hope for a re-release or for a Neo Striker on the DT-03 :D

I like the DT02, I have a friend in Japan and he told me they will rere the MS version in 2034. <_<

:lol::D:lol:

• Like 1

Any guesses for re-release names? Since we had Mountain Rider and Land Freeder, what comes next?

?
  • Like 2