Sign in to follow this  
mcovalsk

Blazing blazer will not be reissuesd, confirmed!

Any guesses for re-release names? Since we had Mountain Rider and Land Freeder, what comes next? Blazing Lazer?

Beach Blazer ? Baja Blazer - who knows lol

if you don't like the Striker then we can't be friends :mellow:

• Like 2

... what comes next?

?

If that were the case, cue my reaction:

oqx21c.jpg

An appropriately 80s 8-bit space arcade paint scheme would definitely appear!

• Like 1

Mokei

I'm working with Tamiya distributors at Japan since 16 years now, and rarely I got some good info, but few times I did. Anyway re-read my post I said I think that the information was good enough to share here, I didn't tell I'm a friend of Tamiya or have a contact inside the walls.

I have the same expectations like others, I have no links to prove (OBVIOUSLY), and have to prove nothing as I didn't comment I saw nothing.

Just a trustable guy shared some info when we were talking about the Mountain rider, that's all.

Mario

What reactions of your post did you expect when choosing a title like this? "Blazing Blazer re-released!" How about "Snapped up rumour about a possible re-release" ? Would calm the things down from the beginning and nobody's being claimed for anything. Sorry, no offend here but think about it next time,mate ;)

• Like 2

I don't agree, the tittle is short then the content is what you have to read. I didn't consider somebody will be offended because a short tittle, at least it has a personal interest, I don't have it, in fact I don't collect vintage anymore, of course would buy a rerelease.

I insist talking about the Bruiser and Mountain reissue, and the shock this produced me, I received this information, as a comment.

Finally and I say this without any second intention, some people must to get Valium and therapy, it's not possible that a guy flames because I wrote 3 sentences, and other write 1000 words to explain all he knows, and I don't. The problem is on their side not mine. If I should tell all what I did during the last 56 years around modelling in general, I would need 50 pages, then I never underestimate others as I don't know them, as many don't know me.

Peace and have fun with modelling :-)

• Like 1

Anyway re-read my post I said I think that the information was good enough to share here, .....

I don't need to re-read your post as I would never had made the comment I did if I haven't read your post carefully in the first place. Just because you don't like my comment doesn't mean that it wasn't carefully written.

I'm working with Tamiya distributors at Japan since 16 years now, and rarely I got some good info, but few times I did.

If you are "working with Tamiya distributors at Japan since 16 years now", I have quite a problem understanding why you have stated in previous threads/posts how difficult it is for you to source Tamiya parts. Even without any special contacts, but with a little dedication, I hardly have any problem sourcing virtually whatever Tamiya part I want from several sources (mostly Japanese domestic distributors), including separate sprues from static kits, which mostly aren't available through country distributors or other non-Japanese sources.

As for Scoobybooster's comment, I fully agree with him and additionally believe you chose your thread title with the intention of creating a "sensation effect" and in the thread you present the "information" as if it was certain, not a rumour.

Quote: "Obviously I don't know the chassis but it's confirmed the body moulds began to be cleaned and prepared."

This sounds very much like a "fact"-statement to me.

......, and other write 1000 words to explain all he knows, and I don't.

I reckon this comment is hinted at me? My post was not at all made with the intention of "explaining all I know" (why would I care?), it was a very incomplete collection of the many reasons why I don't think the "information" you provided can be trusted, regardless of whether you made it up yourself or just trust others. I have no urge to demonstrate my knowledge level and I know very well that I have barely scratched the surface when it comes to knowledge about Tamiya. Admiration or worshipping mean absolutely nothing to me and is something I wouldn't care to spend a second of my life to achieve, even in the hypothetical case of being justified. And speaking about life, a human life is too short to achieve really deep knowledge about Tamiya anyway, maybe except for those fortunate enough to actually work at the HQ.

The problem is on their side not mine.

I don't think anyone in this thread has a problem. Some of us, including myself, just don't think you or anyone else here have access to "inside information" of the type you provided at the start of this thread. That's not a problem, but if you can't understand why or don't accept that we, based on our combined mass of past experience with similar cases, have very very good reasons to question or disregard the "information" you provided, then I certainly think you need to reconsider what it takes to be a credible source.

If I should tell all what I did during the last 56 years around modelling in general, I would need 50 pages, then I never underestimate others as I don't know them, as many don't know me

Unless you think this thread is all about demonstrating having the most experience or most years in the hobby, I can't see the relevance of the number of years you've been in the hobby or how many pages you would need to describe your experience. I can't talk for the others, but to me, how many years you been in the hobby, doesn't give me even the slightest indication how much or little I can trust you.

But you're right, I don't know you. In fact I know absolutely nothing about you, except that you started a thread with highly questionable "information" presented as facts and chose to attack and insult everybody who don't blindly believe you, even though all experience with similar topics in the past has clearly demonstrated how naive we would be if we did so.

To me this thread is instead all about one more person presenting a type of "information" that experience has told a lot of us that there is no reason to trust. And since you confirm not getting the "information" directly from Tamiya Japan (quote: "I didn't tell I'm a friend of Tamiya or have a contact inside the walls."), presenting it with the subject "Blazing Blazer re-released" and saying "....but it's confirmed the body moulds began to be cleaned and prepared" are to me clear indications that you don't have even basic experience about how carefully Tamiya Japan shares actual information, or worse, know it as well as many others of us, but pretended to have access to inside information all the same, considering it a status symbol if we had been stupid enough to believe you.

And as before, the Blazing Blazer may or may not get re-released, but like for all claims about re-releases presented as "facts" in the past, I think your statements are nothing but rumours/fantasies with no connection to reality at all. And rumours, fairy tales and fantasies are quite alright and enjoyable and cause entertaining discussions both here in the forum and in the "real world", provided they aren't presented as facts.

I'm hoping for the Neo Jun Watanabe limited edition chrome version on a wheelie chassis and a Kumamon driver figure!! -_-

What the badword is wrong with you people?!!

If he knows something and we don't SO WHAT?!!

Ridiculous

Badboy

• Like 1

What the badword is wrong with you people?!!

If he knows something and we don't SO WHAT?!!

Ridiculous

Badboy

Willing to make you a wager , If hes correct i'll paint my backside bright orange lol

• Like 2

I don't agree, the tittle is short then the content is what you have to read. I didn't consider somebody will be offended because a short tittle, at least it has a personal interest, I don't have it, in fact I don't collect vintage anymore, of course would buy a rerelease.

I insist talking about the Bruiser and Mountain reissue, and the shock this produced me, I received this information, as a comment.

Finally and I say this without any second intention, some people must to get Valium and therapy, it's not possible that a guy flames because I wrote 3 sentences, and other write 1000 words to explain all he knows, and I don't. The problem is on their side not mine. If I should tell all what I did during the last 56 years around modelling in general, I would need 50 pages, then I never underestimate others as I don't know them, as many don't know me.

Peace and have fun with modelling :-)

I am for one who does feel little offended as I'm currently selling my Blazer before you posted this. I don't care as much what I get for it at the end but no matter what this will have an affect right? I agree scoobybooster "possible Blazing Blazer re-released" would be totally different in meaning and more appropriate than "Blazing Blazer re-released!". I do welcome some inside info about next release but consider about the title as you might set off world war, market chaos LOL.

Since we are in similar topic. I recall someone (forgot his name) keep mentioning "start saving" in his posts but would never give any more details than that. All he would tell was some thing big is coming, keep saving, it's going to be expensive and sure enough 4-5 month later Bruiser 2012 was release. Anyways I hope your right it would be great news

• Like 2

I would appreciate it if the thread's title could be please changed in reflection to state clear that we are talking about rumors. Mcovalsk, if you would like to do this, you can by editing your start post with the full editor activated. This would help everybody. Many thanks in advance. :)

• Like 2

Never figure this topic forum would set off a war on words.

I think Tamiya diehards know if the blazer has been re released or not re released yet.

To me is really no big deal how it was worded as i know it has not been re release, but another inside scoop of when or when it will likely be re released.

Is Friday, so we all should be happy and don't take this hobby too seriously, only ones work s/b taken seriously.

• Like 1

Willing to make you a wager , If hes correct i'll paint my backside bright orange lol

PS or TS paint?

• Like 2

Definitely PS - one hard collision and that TS stuff would flake right off! :D

• Like 4

what you trying to say ? :lol:

• Like 2

My I suggest hot dip galvanize first than power coat it....have better rust protection and an even finish without wet sanding and waxing.
  • Like 2

My I suggest hot dip galvanize first than power coat it....have better rust protection and an even finish without wet sanding and waxing.

And prevent any 'rust' stains lol

Whatever finish you decide on, don't feel the need to provide photographic evidence. We'll take your word for it!!!

• Like 2

Every time I see a thread/topic like this I get a little excited. I am waiting for the Blazer to be rereleased but the op's title didn't send me in a panic requiring me to return the kids christmas gifts and turn down the heat lol. Relax guys and remember this is only a hobby.

• Like 4