oz tamiya fan

Tamiyashop v rcMart

Hi

After being out of RC cars for some time , I'm now getting back into it .

I'm wanting to buy a few kits from Hong Kong as they seem cheap compaired to Australian shop prices

I just wondering between Tamiyashop.com.au and rcMart.com as they are both out of HK

any help would be nice .

There are some horror stories out there for the former. And their prices aren't that great.

You'd be much smarter to shop with rcmart out of those two.

Also check out stella, rc mushroom (both HK) and banzai (japan)

Always had great service from RCMart, don't think I've used the other store.

I am have used rcmart with good results. Stella models is probably my favorite though

Thanks guys , I had a friend buy 2 kits from Tamyiashop.com.au with good results , I've compared the 2 and have found rcMart cheaper , I just don't know about there service , But I'll check out the others ( Stella & RC Mushroom)

I found rc mart has the cheapest price and all my recent purchases were from them, all without any issue....because i do pick up. :lol:

I think the web sellers from Hong Kong that is a real business are all very good, especially they show you their address.

• Like 1

Banzai are/were good - but if in the UK you WILL get hit with customs charges...

Personally I probably wont use them again - RCMart and Stellamodels all the way...

Has any one used Banzai Hobby (Japan) they seem cheap to cheap , just wondering why they are almost 1/2.

I would guess is due to much lower shipping cost, but you will have to pay for the oversea delivery cost. Another reason could be is they hope you will buy other stuff like hop ups, that is were they get the better margins, just like a real car.

Recently used Banzai to buy a NIB kit and it was cheap but I got hit with customs charges (£32 fees on a £77 sale & shipping price!) and their website is just awful to negotiate! Did the same with RCMart earlier this year, much easier experience and no charges :D They even include a free gift phone holder... it's pants but the thought is nice.

BB14F5B7-F756-44F6-BB8C-5AA52B3E8ECC_zps

• Like 1

Thanks guys for all the advice .

I noted that Banzai KIts didn't come with a ESC.

I emailed them to say other sites offer the ESC as part of the kit , they replied with only the RTR kit came with a ESC.

BTW I was after a FAV 2011 and a Subaru Brat , So I ended up placing an order with rcMart for 2 buggies ( FAV 2011 & Subaru Brat) as Banzai didn't have all that I wanted.

Plus can't go pass hopefully getting a free gift phone holder.

Bad news, I don't think they are doing the Free phone gift holder at the moment.

Good news based on todays price of $130 each for the kits, you should have $25 of store credit off your next order, plus you will have a points validation code on the address label which will give you a couple of $ more points too.

Details are at the bottom of this page.

http://www.rcmart.com/special-offer-chirstmas-sale-c-1102_1722.html

The no ESC thing is a JDM kit arrangement. If you went to any Tamiya store in Tokyo, they too would be without the ESC.

I've read it's the distributors that add the ESC, that's why the "ESC included" sign on the box is a sticker.

The no ESC thing is a JDM kit arrangement. If you went to any Tamiya store in Tokyo, they too would be without the ESC.

Yes received an email from Banzai Hobbies to confirm this they don't come from the manufacture with them includes them

And that there price per kit reflects this.

Hi and welcome to the site. I too am in Australia, and have experience with most of the traders mentioned above with regards to ordering kits.

I have found RC Mart, Stellamodels and Banzai to all be very good in getting a kit safely Down Under. Stella pack the best, Banzai are usually the cheapest but as mentioned kits have no ESC, and RC Mart is a good all rounder. I'd also put RC Mushroom into the good all rounder category. You won't have any trouble with these no matter which you choose.

As you have mentioned it can pay to buy where you can get all ya stuff in one place, saving a little on shipping.

P.S. Welcome back to all things RC. Such a rad hobby. :)