996TT

WTB: Porsche 959 rear lower control arms.

Hey guys,

So I received the parts a few weeks (if not more) ago.

They feel extremely sturdy and detailed but rough/coarse as mentioned on Shapeways' listing page. I still haven't gotten around to installing them yet, but as soon as I do I will report back.

I wonder if there is a way of getting them to shine like the original arms... rustoleum perhaps? :-P

Yeah , the ones on shapeways were said to have a rough surface and there's a reason for that . My brother-in-law has a 3D printer and going to fabricate a few sets for me.. once he does I'll get you guys some feedback as he says there's a way to smoothen them out.....will hopefully report back sooner than later.

....hopefully after that we can start working on the chassis clam-shell

Any new updates?

Really sorry for such a late reply...i didnt forget, but nothing yet as my brother-in-law is pretty busy. . But it will happen as he loves making this sort of stuff. Will definitely post when the first set is done

First the control arms. We'll then see how things go and then maybe I'll take the rest of my 959 apart and have him attempt the clam shell

• Like 1

Hey 996TT,

Any updates?

Let us know,

Thanks!

Hi sorry. ... life sort of got in the way . Will hopefully get around to it soon.