Sign in to follow this  
mr_lister999.

Who collects the 1/32nd scale cars???

Has anybody bought one of these tiny little cars yet? I suppose for what they cost you put in 2 AA batteries and they go forwards at a slow speed? Look pretty cool though. Where else can you get a Hilux and Ford Ranger for that sort of money??? I think i may have to collect them, not so damaging to the bank account!

-------------------------

If practice makes perfect, and no one is perfect, why practice?

I got a Bullhead on the way - at least when I get married I may be allowed to keep that! sinature.jpg

logo_member2.gif

If you are referring to the Mini 4WDs, I wouldn't say they go so slow. I have a couple, an Egress (very old circa '92, needs new tires though) and a more recent Knuckle Breaker Black Special. Even with just two AA's and a fast Ultra Dash motor, the Black Special sprints well, even faster than their 1/10 brothers. I guess it's the power-to-weight ratio.

Collecting the older ones that have their bigger 1/10 brother would be a nice. I keep the 1/32 Egress to join its 1/10 counterpart in my collection.

I suggest you try them out. They are supposed to be run on a pre-built track. Without a track, they just go wild!!! Lots of fun watching them.

There was a Hotshot and an Avante 2001 at eBay recently, just ended today or yesterday.

Take a look in my showroom - I've got about 15 or so.

Just got a Wild Willy which is cool. The basically go over pretty much anything you put in front of them (which is not taller than them of course)

Think you can still get a lot of then new from TowerHobbies.com

logo_member2.gif

I do!

Well, really i just like mini versions of my full sized rc buggys..

i have full size (!) optima nib, and mini 4x4 optima nib! also yokomo super dogfighter nib and mini super dogfighter nib... they have the same box art on the full sized and mini which is.. erm... CUTE! ;o)

jimy

I have started to get the one's that i like and the one's to match my collection,

I don't have any intention of running them at the minute, but who knows what the future may bring.

The rc tamiya 1/32 tanks are really cool, so much detail and the buld up is for seriuos modelers only. They are the normal static kit adapted for rc. I got one for a m8 and wished it was mine, definantely on my got to get list.

Also want a nikko iracer. so small with proportional steering, way cooler than bit g's . Always good to have something to use inside when the weather is bad.icon_smile_cool.gificon_smile_big.gif

quote:

...I wouldn't say they go so slow.

id=quote>id=quote>

Too right!

I've a Tamiya Plazma motor in a Astute with full bearings, lightweight driveshafts and chrome spoke wheels. This motor has removable brushes & draws 3Amps+ from the poor AAs (drains them within 5 laps).

Built that when I started wondering what the kiddy craze was all about - circa mid 90s. On some other even crazier MiniYons, have probably spent more on hopups for each one than it would have cost for a new TL01 kit.

Tamiya also has remote controlled versions of these sprinters. Only the throttle can be remotely controlled, just like the slot cars, so that they don't run off the track when going around corners.

And there are sooooo many hop-ups for these little ******s. I wouldn't be surprised if they catch on. They were a hit in the Far East.

quote:...they go forwards at a slow speed?
id=quote>id=quote>
quote:...I wouldn't say they go so slow.
id=quote>id=quote>

Yeah, the buggys really shift, but the trucks are geared down so they are pretty slow - but more pulling power.

quote:

Look at this link, Anyone seen this?

Makes me laugh. icon_smile_tongue.gif

http://club.yehey.com/events/tamiya/default.asp

id=quote>id=quote>

All the later non-RC-derived Miniyons had a manga following, where firstly the cars were crime-fighting aides and later on the story was about kiddies duelling it out on the miniyon game itself.

Of course in the cartoons their cars all had unique special powers (!!!icon_smile_shock.gif) and all that gadgety stuff, chrome shiny bits, custom hopups... a very good marketing scheme in all.

Some of the boxes have manga extracts on the underside of the lid.

quote:

Yeah, the buggys really shift, but the trucks are geared down so they are pretty slow - but more pulling power.

id=quote>id=quote>

yes... if you *just* run them on 2x AAs.

But if you add 4 or 5 AAcell RX packs into the equation...! icon_smile_big.gif Yes, it'll fit under the Honda City and Pajero, but not the mini Willy. Another neater solution is to use 4x 1/2 AA cells (as found in short RC RX packs), fits perfectly in series inside the chassis. All were rechargeable and easily found "lying around the house".

The little 130 motors can take a lot more beating... 9V good for sprints (faster than a kid can run) but lousy on capacity and price.