mongoose1983

Kyosho Honda ATC 250R [1982]

On 12/24/2019 at 8:51 PM, Blissard said:

Any update on the decal sheet @Mokei Kagaku ? :)

I realise that my reply is very late and you and other ATC owners who have looked for repro stickers probably know already, but anyway;  MCI now offers repro stickers for the ATC and it's not because of my effort. I started scanning and photoshopping my used original stickers about two years ago, but never finished, I'm embarrassed to admit. Anyway, I bought MCI's stickers and though I haven't used them yet, a comparison with the originals and knowing MCI's general quality, they seem fine.

Also, Kamtec now offers a repro body, which I bought yesterday after getting another ATC without body. Kamtec's body looks good in the auction photos, but as the original body is a tight fit over the chassis, the dimensions of the repro are absolutely crucial and I'm excited to see if Kamtec has nailed it. The front number plate seems to not be included with the Kamtec body, but it's easily enough to cut and bend from ABS stock anyway, so no worries.

MCI ATC stickers: https://mciracing.ca/collections/kyosho/products/1-10th-kyosho-at3-wheeler-decals?sort_by=manual

Kamtec ATC body: https://www.ebay.de/itm/194146813690?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

• Thanks 2

Just thought it might be of interest that I received the repro ATC-body from Kamtec yesterday, and I'm very impressed.

Admittedly, it's my first purchase from Kamtec, but my impression of Kamtec's quality hasn't been so good.  Many of Kamtec's (repro) bodies look pretty crude in photos and other fans have complained that some of the repro bodies are smaller than the originals. An understandable, but inacceptable consequence of the methods used for copying originals and something several other repro body manufacturers struggle with (or ignore? :P) too. However, the ATC-body is absolutely great.

In direct comparison with an original body the dimensions seem to be correct and the ABS material is smooth and without any visible "fold" lines, bubbles or heat damage and the thickness is even and very close to that of the original. In other words, none of the flaws typically associated with vacform. The cut lines are a bit vague, but they probably weren't very good on the original back in the early eighties either.

Of course I don't know if the quality of the Kamtec ATC-body may fluctuate, but based on the body I received, I can highly recommend it! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1