bruiserbuilder

Tamiya Club Decals

sooo, I have been away for a while and did not realize that Tamiya asked the club to remove the decals sheets.

so, where does a fella go to obtain reproduction decals?

I was hoping you were asking for a Tamiya Club logo decal in different sizes -- that would look great on a lot of custom models and show membership on the board...

1_newTCBanner.png

• Like 1

I do sympathise with you but I'm afraid you will be relying on helpful members to PM you. I'm interested in the same subject but unfortunately it can't be discussed in open public forum as it could be perceived as advertising.

18. Due to recent legal issues, no reproduction parts are to be advertised, or advertised for, on any part of Tamiyaclub. Adverts for reproductions of (but not limited to) decals, bodyshells, driver figures, tyres are all banned. This is for products from all manufacturers, not just Tamiya
Links to sites distributing repro goods will also be removed.

I was hoping you were asking for a Tamiya Club logo decal in different sizes -- that would look great on a lot of custom models and show membership on the board...

1_newTCBanner.png

Can you buy a Tamiya Club decal sheet? I would like to put some decals on my kits if so :)

• Like 1

Here's a bit on the repro situation;
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=62588

And a lot more;
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=62461&hl=pajero

Can you buy a Tamiya Club decal sheet?

There's been a few TC decals at meets over the years, but nothing available outside of that I don't think.

One similar to the 'spanners' banner was made IIRC, maybe 100mm x 20mm with a white frame around it?

From 2005 - the star wasn't very opaque though
img169_08012005160450_4.jpg

I made some vinyl ones when I had a cutter circa 2006 - Larger ones were also made for 1:1 car windows etc.
img169_02042006182757_4.jpg

2010 or before
img169_16082010204228_2.jpg

• Like 1

Why don't we have a Tamiya Club logo design competition, instead of the usual theme compitition. The winning design can be purchased by builders for thier model deemed worthy of the logo. Kind of like seal of club approval for quality, workmanship, creativity etc... The logo will be small yet noticible, like the AMG badge, which tells other this Benz is special. Members with say 50 likes for his model would entitle him/her to buy the logo. How to keep track? This will be up to the club moderator to keep track somehow and once the likes hit 50, the club could write or place notice in the forum to invite the builder to buy the logo.

TC seal of approval.

• Like 4

Any possibility of tamiyaclub.com decals being made and available to members, Andy?

I realise there is a bit of effort involved in the manufacture and distribution of them, but I would certainly buy a few and rock them on rc's, toolboxes, cats and even one of my radio's would get kudos and ladies* if it had a TC stickers :)

20141206_173628_zps9tecdxmh.jpg

*wimminz not guaranteed

• Like 3

If someone had a good quality image of it to post then is easy to print on to waterproof decal paper with any inkjet at home

If I could chime in on this hijacked topic.

I think that it would be a great idea to have decals made for our 1:1 vehicles, something 2" in size.

I restored a 1:1 model T years ago and found it really cool to be traveling out of state or hundreds of miles from home and run into a fellow member that I would have not noticed otherwise, if not for the club decal.

:rolleyes:

• Like 3

I'd also like a few Tamiya Club decals to fit on some of my cars - across the spoiler or along the body would be cool