Trini2DBone

Scratch Built RC Holden HX Overlander Panel Van

9 minutes ago, Darat76 said:

ahh, so a stereotypical aussie...

we call them Bogans! :D

• Like 1

So, you can use a full frontal shot of any HQ, coupe, sedan, wagon, ute, panel van, just not a 1 tonner as they have those stupid indicator lights between the grill and head lights. for the full rear shot you can use a sedan, just from the top of the boot up to the roof line is different, for the side shots you can use any of the coupes for the lines, just need to fill in where the lights are on the HJ, HX, and HZ models, otherwise they all the same side on :)

and we call bogans a dying breed here, thanks to jap cars and wannabe boy racers....

tho chch has been peaceful these last few years.... with the roads all ******* the boy racers couldn't get their cars out of their drives....

Yep...any full frontal of any HQ....and full top to get the correct roof width and length ....full top of front to get the depth of the nose panel and the shape of the bonnet including the bonnet crease and then the trunk shape...

Also wanting to get into working somewhat with brass and brazing....ordered some pieces of brass to start on an 'on road' chassis for the Panelvan.   Solid rear axle with a 4 link suspension  ( I know that the Panelvan had leafs...lol) and double wishbone front suspension much like the 1:1. It will be 2 wheel drive with the motor up front connected to the tranny in the trans tunnel , with a driveshaft connected to the diff...!  If it works out...this will also be the base for the HQ ! 

• Like 3

you could grab the springs for a high lift hilux/tundra, the rear diff may work also, if you wanted to go for the authentic look that is...

22 minutes ago, Darat76 said:

you could grab the springs for a high lift hilux/tundra, the rear diff may work also, if you wanted to go for the authentic look that is...

i had a look at those....lol... Too wide for the Panelvan.....will pick up one of these....

image_zpszrtwfmrq.jpeg

it can be ordered with the diff centered on the axle...this is version 2 to the ones currently on the Sandman chassis!

• Like 1

On 04/12/2016 at 8:34 AM, yogi-bear said:

we call them Bogans! :D

There is a little bit of bogan inside all of us you know :D

• Like 2

Been up to no good...lol....! Been working on this bad boy... And I finally got back into the Sandman...lol

• Like 2

Woot!.....back in the zone on the Sandman....I think I gots me mojo back....

Finally painted the tailgate...also painted the tailgate struts...but forgot to take some pics...got to let the clear coat cure for a couple of days before I can handle the tailgate to install...

Anywho... A few pics... Lol..proof that I did some work tonight...lol

image_zpsy49jyz4h.jpeg
image_zps0bhmedo9.jpeg
image_zpsbtpyhxeh.jpeg
image_zpsmnbrow91.jpeg
image_zpsv4eqgujd.jpg

• Like 2

Hey guys...yep...another :update:

Tailgates are in...lol! Just couldn't wait...lol! Upper gate struts and lower gate cables as well...not sure if I will be putting a glass in the upper gate ...will have to think on it some more...lol ! Gonna try to get some work done on the front windscreen now...

Anywho...some pics....

image_zpsrhkzarop.jpeg
image_zpscc2cbebs.jpeg
image_zpsenhyazmv.jpeg
image_zps3ww1meeo.jpeg
image_zpsfgkgj2h2.jpeg
image_zpsayd5hqo4.jpeg
image_zps1jprjb4t.jpeg
image_zpsc90lfeoj.jpeg

• Like 4

Building curved windshields is a real biatch...!  But getting there slowly but surely...ain't gonna be pretty though...still need to do the top frame finisher thingy as well as the sides...will see if I can get this done tonight...luckily the Sandman comes with the frame blacked out , so will do that as well a general black border around the windshield itself..

image_zpsdirpouur.jpeg
image_zpsewx10koj.jpeg
image_zpsxwobykwv.jpeg
image_zpsyuaivbrl.jpeg
image_zpsoufbbew1.jpeg

• Like 3

Strips are in....

Also made the GTS horn switch...lol!

Will tape off the windshield and leave about 2mm from the strip exposed then lay down some black paint tomorrow...that should give the effect of a border around the windscreen....I hope...lol!

Anywho...some pics!

image_zpsqeagbvlg.jpeg
image_zpssyxuzcfk.jpeg
image_zpsbzo1ex8f.jpeg
image_zpsdourziox.jpeg
image_zpsirkt2bda.jpeg

image_zpsygwiy633.jpeg
image_zpsxuccokq7.jpeg

• Like 4

And another update!  

Watcha think? I'm probably gonna do it over...lol...forgot that the clear would 'craze' with the Bondene ....    Will have to pick up some canopy glue and rebuild it later on....you can see where I glued the strips at the edges...well....live and learn....ha!

Anywho some pics.....

image_zpsy4mxrmsm.jpeg
image_zpsksrr0obp.jpeg
image_zps0nrsvo80.jpeg
image_zpscw0qynw8.jpeg
image_zpsww27x1cm.jpeg
image_zps1bdw3tmn.jpeg
image_zps0knrlq4m.jpeg
image_zpsvlp6gspn.jpeg

• Like 4

Re-installed the remote hood opener (works like the 1:1 lol) still dialing in the EPA for it and the pulley system...gonna need to re-assemble the V8 top as well...

Watcha think? Lol...!

• Like 2

good to have you back!, Its coming along very nicely. If you get sick of re-making the windscreens, send me a template and I can vac form a heap in 0.375 mm polycarbonate or just about anything else.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

good to have you back!, Its coming along very nicely. If you get sick of re-making the windscreens, send me a template and I can vac form a heap in 0.375 mm polycarbonate or just about anything else.

Hey thanks yogi-bear! Lol...yep it's good to be back to building stuff again!

Will definitely keep that in mind for the windscreens!

1 hour ago, zomboided said:

Needs more flames...

so glad to see progress on this, always a pleasure seeing what you've done :)

Hey thanks mate! Means a lot!

just noticed the hotrod? build in the background. Any chance of a close up pic :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yogi-bear said:

just noticed the hotrod? build in the background. Any chance of a close up pic :D

Lol..sure...will take a few when I get off work tonight..! 5 window coupe, '32 I think...it was a gift from my buddy 2Beers on Scale4x4RC. It's been sitting patiently in the background waiting till the Sandman gets done...lol.. I know that RatRods are all the rage these days, but I really want to do a classic hot rod job with it...lol..been thinking no hood, no running boards, maybe bicycle fenders kinda thing...opening suicide doors, opening boot, full interior etc... Will be 2wd but still need to make the chassis or get someone to fab one for me...lol!

8 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

Here ya go yogi-bear!!

image_zpsz7mmm577.jpeg

image_zpsccgm06mf.jpeg
image_zpsprppqhos.jpeg
image_zpsd75lwy0i.jpeg
image_zpsv3vplc9f.jpeg
image_zpsoxo2soxf.jpeg
image_zpsviwrv6y1.jpeg
  • Like 2