Trini2DBone

Scratch Built RC Holden HX Overlander Panel Van

Hey guys...another small :update: Lol!

I think I'm done with the Shaggin interior for now...will get the pole chromed up closer to when I start prepping for paint...:o. I have bagged it all up so it won't get dirty or messed up....ha!<_<

I really wanted to put some red in the lion's mane like the logo has, but I know I will mess it up..ha!

Now I'm gonna try to finish the bucket seats...need to make the brackets that hold it together and also get the piping laid in...

Anywho...some pics ..and some color..ha!..and now you see why I made the holes in the wall panels...lol...watcha think? :D

image.jpg4_zpslr5moq71.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsji06xmsr.jpg

image.jpg2_zpshv5u8rrc.jpg

image.jpg3_zpswjs0t7bf.jpg

• Like 3

Now that looks fantastic , really pops out .

With your skills, who needs to buy static kits, only plastic sheets and some simple hand tools.

Look forward to the finish model and thank you for the time and effort in sharing your work.

With your skills, who needs to buy static kits, only plastic sheets and some simple hand tools.

Look forward to the finish model and thank you for the time and effort in sharing your work.

Thanks Tamiya1/10 !

that is looking awesome! Did you hand cut the emblem?

Thanks yogi-bear! No I didnt...I wish I was that good...lol! I found the logo online as a free 3D download, and I had someone slightly mod it and make some 3D prints to my required specs! Turned out pretty nice!

Been working on the bucket seats trying to get them put together...then I realized I had all this tubing left over from the instrument panel, and there's only so many dancing poles I could make, that I decided to try to put them to use...: ha...:D

Still working on it..hoping that I can finish this seat tonight and start the other one tomorrow ...the thing is, in retrospect, I'm not gonna have opening doors, so why in the world am I doing all this detail...? Well...I havent a clue...: seems like once an idea gets into my head I can't get it out...

Anywho...some pics for now...gonna try to build the seat side brackets and the round thingy that adjusts the recline...

image.jpg1_zpsidnuv28z.jpg

image.jpg2_zps8xdmxqi8.jpg

image.jpg3_zpstjtargbd.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsffdf0c5i.jpg

image.jpg5_zpsmiayzgel.jpg

image.jpg6_zpsgkyuebd7.jpg

• Like 2

Got the bracket thingy done. The bottom piece (one with the hole) is gonna be glued to the bottom of the seat with the tubing hinge through the hole but not glued. The top piece with the knob will be attached to the seat back with the tube hinge glued into the inner part of the knob (it's recessed). So basically, turning the knob will lever the seat back....well at least that's the plan...lol...need to figure out a way to stiffen up the hinge itself so it will stay in a set position and not flop over...

I tried painting it with a brush, but it looks crappy...will try to sand it off and spray it, or just make another set.o.ha!

Also dyed up some 2mm round leather string that I picked up to do the piping, it's gonna be tan but the shade is probably gonna be off or slightly different from the seats but should be okay...didn't take pics of the string though...

Anywho..some pics..

image.jpg2_zpsxzllpd6r.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsnpi5rdut.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsoysa7yub.jpg

• Like 1

Hey guys...long overdue update...!

Been in a kinda rut lately but finally snapping out of it...

Think I'm done with the bucket seats for now...I have abandoned the functioning recliner idea...it would have worked but unfortunately, I didn't cater for that when I was covering the seats. What I found was the seat material was too thick where the hinge is, preventing the seats to rotate into an upriright position, and I'm not a fan of driving with the seats reclined way back...lol!

I will still attach the the side pieces (I re made them ) when I get a chance to spray them properly...

Anywho...here's a couple of pics...I managed to get the piping done as well...

image.jpg1_zpsqdccs0ur.jpg

image.jpg2_zps8b0fkco3.jpg

• Like 2

looking good. I hope you will have some sort of bikini babe figurine to go with this :D

It will look right at home with surfboards, fishing rods and an Esky in the back

• Like 1

looking good. I hope you will have some sort of bikini babe figurine to go with this :D

Lol...was thinking of picking up one of these...but not sure of the size....

image.jpg1_zpsdtqc9vvu.jpg

It will look right at home with surfboards, fishing rods and an Esky in the back

Lol....that's a great idea..! Thanks man!
  • Like 1

Another small update!

As my buddy would say, 'piece at a time!' Lol.....got the center console done, looks a bit small next to the seats, but that may be my imagination..lol...don't really wann re-do it though but I might! Watcha think?

A2E93279-F280-43A3-92CA-60D019215F6F_zps

479C1C75-CF57-4C66-B625-B4A8474BAB43_zps

No , that's about right !! , You don't have colour on it & they are small ish . The seats are like lounge chairs in the PV = ( panel van )

I know i had one :D ..

• Like 1

No , that's about right !! , You don't have colour on it & they are small ish . The seats are like lounge chairs in the PV = ( panel van )

I know i had one :D ..

Hey thanks for the heads up on this matman! ...Sweet! ..Got some Aussie approval...! :D now on to the door cards and completing the instrument panel and steering column !

Looks right to me too - but i'm not an Aussie!

This thread never fails to impress

Looks right to me too - but i'm not an Aussie!

This thread never fails to impress

Lol! Thanks man!

Looks right to me too - but i'm not an Aussie! <<< ME TOO :D

I'm from New Zealand :P . :lol: ..

Well now I feel a whole lot better and I'm back at it...so here's a small :update: ....

Made the door cards, the white area will be painted tan together with the center console and dashboard...the leather pieces are just taped on till then...

Also managed to build and install the vents in the instrument panel...that was a real eye opener...gonna need new specs soon...lol!

Next will build the bottom part of the instrument panel and get the steering column sorted...!

Anywho...some pics...

image.jpg1_zpsqnik4f56.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsx3iuendu.jpg

image.jpg3_zps6daqalbe.jpg

image.jpg4_zpstzsirz9t.jpg

image.jpg5_zpsak6ddpbi.jpg

image.jpg6_zps3gv5hbas.jpg

image.jpg7_zpsrgyrordp.jpg

image.jpg8_zpsa2eubbot.jpg

image.jpg9_zpsyfrpuac8.jpg

• Like 3