wood5tock

Woodstock's Den

Thanks for all the kind comments guys :)

Now what should be first on the bench? Actually it's my G1 Megatron from my Transformers collection, he has a limp leg bless him so he's had it removed for fixing :(

;)

Great work matey, just don't start airbrushing in there or you'll be high as a kite when you're asleep!

• Like 1

Great work matey, just don't start airbrushing in there or you'll be high as a kite when you're asleep!

The only fumes produced up there are generally from me, and usually knock me out... :lol::ph34r:

• Like 1

Great workshop !

I am envious as I am using the garage with fold down table, bit cold this time of year.

• Like 1

Great workshop !

I am envious as I am using the garage with fold down table, bit cold this time of year.

I use the garage too but have to resort to a portable electric heater to warm it up. It's not bad unless the cat has taken a dump in her litter tray at which point I have to open the main door to let the smell (and heat) out :lol:

• Like 2

Hah.... the problem I have is one heater is not enough and two trips the garage power, or if the mrs puts the tumble dryer on.

I use the garage too but have to resort to a portable electric heater to warm it up. It's not bad unless the cat has taken a dump in her litter tray at which point I have to open the main door to let the smell (and heat) out :lol:

thats nothing - ever smelt a Dobermans farts ? :wacko:

A little update on my work station, I have now plumbed in the spray booth, compressor and airbrushes. Next stop trying it all out :D

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

• Like 3

Ha ha just spotted this post by SteveU30 back on Christmas day... :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

That's a very enviable den you have there Mr Wood5tock - nice work.

Of course, now we know you have such a well equipped work area, we're going to expect some truly epic builds from you :D

• Like 1

That's a very enviable den you have there Mr Wood5tock - nice work.

Of course, now we know you have such a well equipped work area, we're going to expect some truly epic builds from you :D

ws_eek.jpg

From one of our masters of builds and paintwork that's quite an expectation to live up to... :D

what sort of extractor are you using and where does it go?

The spray booth is all in one and it folds up into the unit with the handle, the elephant nose just goes through the wall into a clear void of the loft. I am using water based paints so fumes and smells won't be problem. Well at least not from the paint :lol::lol::lol:

What an epic build thread, very inspiring :)

Cheers MJ ;)

It looks fantastic but I have to ask where are you storing the collection of cars? That's my biggest problem, kit boxes that I cannot bear to throw out and over 20 RCs takes up quite a bit of space and I like to see them and not hide them away!

Edit - just spied some on the shelves to the right. I guess with 3 Clod sized trucks and a Globeliner in my collection its the type of trucks that are my problem!

• Like 1

It looks fantastic but I have to ask where are you storing the collection of cars? That's my biggest problem, kit boxes that I cannot bear to throw out and over 20 RCs takes up quite a bit of space and I like to see them and not hide them away!

Edit - just spied some on the shelves to the right. I guess with 3 Clod sized trucks and a Globeliner in my collection its the type of trucks that are my problem!

Those shelves are more like a holding bay. One of the other developments I want to get going is a solution to properly display the models as you say. I have the solution just got to make it/them ;)

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with - mine is basically B&Q L-brackets and whatever wood I can find :)

Trouble is I have now run out of wall space!

IMG-20141230-WA0019%20%28Small%29.jpeg

IMG-20141230-WA0021%20%28Small%29.jpeg

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with - mine is basically B&Q L-brackets and whatever wood I can find :)

Trouble is I have now run out of wall space!

IMG-20141230-WA0019%20%28Small%29.jpeg

IMG-20141230-WA0021%20%28Small%29.jpeg

Nice assortment of RC filth you have there mate :D

• Like 2