SteveB

Best re-release for racing?

Can't remember the last time I saw a clean madcap for sale.

Rough projects usually go for about £50

SteveB - I recognise several of Mr. Cryer's cars in that picture. I made many of the parts for them.

I run a 8.5t speed passion in my egress, it loves it. So much fun to drive.

One Top Force Evolution racer project to be started!

And as it came with new ***** bodyshell/wing/undertray, but no decals, I think I will get it painted in the same scheme as my TRF503 buggy (photo at the bottom).

:)

Top-Force-Evo_1_zps696fab08.jpg

Top-Force-Evo_2_zps70aae371.jpg

Top-Force-Evo_3_zpsf28eb0a7.jpg

TRF503

TRF503_04_zpsd5d6f4fd.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Steve how is the fitment of the top force shell? I heard repros are normally undersized and fit poor.

I haven't had a close enough look at an original Top Force bodyshell to tell the difference I'm afraid. The ***** shell and undertray don't follow the same lines as each other, but I don't know if that's normal or not?

Hi Steve how is the fitment of the top force shell? I heard repros are normally undersized and fit poor.

They aren't too bad.

2012-03-12094202.jpg

One Top Force Evolution racer project to be started!

And now, unfortunately, the project is on hold. Having stripped it down to the last screw, there are a few issues that need to be sorted before I would consider racing it. I would class the buggy as 'well used', as many parts are just a bit worn out and 'tired', but not surprising really as it is 20+ years old. The biggest issue is the parts from the J sprue, which are extremely difficult to find. Some of them have cracks, and a couple are missing off the buggy. I know that people are working on making 3d printed versions of the whole J parts sprue, but they aren't available just yet.

I could replace all the plastics, fit new (modern) CVDs, new shocks (big bores), Fibrelyte shocktowers, and a few choice GPM alloy parts for strength/durability, but then I am replacing most of the buggy and it won't be cheap! I would also need new wheels/tyres, as the ones from my TRF503 are different offset and don't fit the axles. So, for now, or until I can at least get the J parts, I will be putting the whole project on hold.

On the bright side though, my local club are planning to include a Lunchbox/Pumpkin class at our next indoor offroad meeting. My first thought when looking at getting a vintage/re-release RC was the Lunchbox, so I have ordered a new 'black edition' LB and some oil shocks. Should be fun! :)