Sign in to follow this  
JeepnMike

New DB01 Hop-Up Center (Spur) Pulley

For those running the single slipper clutch, this would be really nice to have! It looks like a TRF503 part that fits the DB01 single slipper and replaces the two plastic spur gear pulleys that are famous for wearing out (especially with gear diffs). I run a double slipper so this won't work for me, I thought some of you others may like to have one though:

tamiya-84391-1.jpg

Not bad on price either:

http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-84391-db01-aluminum-pulley-1pcs-p-57822.html?cPath=595_744_1011

This has been out for a long while now, I purchased one a few months back. It also gives a slightly more silent drivetrain (or at least thats what it did with my DB01R). Although at £26 (GBP price) it isnt cheap.

James

:)

That's just what the DB01 needs, considering how many times I have stripped those pulleys out, and from what I gather when those pulleys go, they knock out the belts with them.

I think I may have to dust off my RCs again. I haven't run an RC since last winter.I haven't browsed this board in a long time either, and then I find this nice thread. :D

Thanks, Mike.

I aim to please Yello :D I would go nuts spending a year from this stuff... I know we all get busy, but tinkering and monthly track days keep me sane (well, beer too) :D

If you end up getting this, let us know how it goes!