Sign in to follow this  
Toykid

3D printed parts for the Axial Jeep Rubicon

Nice work again James. That battery mount and location is about the best solution I've seen.

Thanks. It worked great all weekend and is super solid. I am going to make it available for sale this weekend if anyone needs one. It'll be available in Black for that factory look :)

There is a fun little get together tomorrow out at Vasquez Rocks, so I have been trying to get a few more details added to the Jeep.

After a couple of attempts the roof rack cage finally turned out how I wanted.

9ff4a310f5063093f69789efb1076a82.jpg

0ba54b14bc78681ac8179056d3e3862a.jpg

247fad831915f3b98f2621948825bb7f.jpg

This mounts to the Exo cage but it can also just mount to the roof directly.

I have also created a exhaust that is a direct fit to the chassis. I had to fabricate an extension to put it in the right location in relation to the 4dr jeep bumper.

b228a42e7d76a814defe95ec60ecdc37.jpg

30150711f0ef920a449b8408a8a06796.jpg

d05cad54c418e31e518bd8789f2bbe3f.jpg

• Like 1

It's amazing what you come up with Toykid, this just gets better and better.

Have you considered modifying your excellent sand rail driver figure to fit into the SCX10 cockpits? I see so many of them on YouTube running around some great areas without any drivers, it really spoils the scale look... unless they were going for that "forgot to leave it in park look" :D

It'd just need a head and shoulders chop and I recon they would sell like mad given your talents.

Just a thought.

Nic

• Like 1

Thanks Nick, I am working on a driver now. It takes a lot longer to get the driver how I want it but I also wanted to do a long term test on the material to make sure it withstood the elements.. You'll see something later in the year for sure.

Shapeways had a little trouble with their website last week. As a thank you to everyone for being patient whilst they fixed the glitch, Shapeways, is offering everyone 10% off of their next Shapeways order. Just use code THANKYOU10 at checkout, and feel free to share this code with your customers, family, and friends. It's valid on any order through next Monday, April 20th.

Here are the latest parts for the Axial JK

Rear lights

Hood latches

Full length Exo cage & basket

4 gallon RotopaX (official licensed)

21ed46316e05f929b8bb614b84fb5e5e.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Steve,

Here is an update on my latest JK build, seen here used for my Recon G6 promo. 79b75c79735a19468e3d44d1938b1bbe.jpg

• Like 1