b3nchy

Lunchbox appreciation thread

They are Tamiya Stadium Blitzer wheels, sprayed red, using Frog Hex adapters on the rear. Tyres are HPI Yokohama Geolanders with foam inserts. They really improve the handling. Shocks are Traxxas with shock socks, Absima 5th shock and HPI Brushless 4300Kv motor and programmable ESC, Junfac rear axle, that's pretty much it. Pic of tyres below vs stock wheel and tyre.

gallery_28308_2409_69325.jpg

Cheers

Nito

• Like 1

Loving this thread. Problem is I'm finding lunch box ownership rather addictive. I always wanted one as a kid, but never had one. When the blue edition came out I decided to buy one as a shelf queen. Really enjoyed the build, but when I fitted all the electrics and had a 30 second run down the hallway I really wanted to take it outside and have a proper play.

My big problem is that I've already decided on a custom colour scheme for the next shelfer project, but now I need a runner!

Oh and I quite fancy a gold edition too...

I know what you mean - I am the same with Hornets. I really wanted one as a kid, but it was not to be. However as an adult I own two compete ones that spend most of their time on the shelf, one in bits that is destined to be a runner, and am looking to get a fourth...

If Santa doesn't Lunchbox me up this week, I'm getting a new LB shell to go on it.

He didn't. :( But I ordered my own new shell and it arrived yesterday. Finally, I have an LB. B)

• Like 1

Bit of sad news im affraid :(

The LB is broken!!

Just couldnt resist the erge to go bashing with a few friends at the local skate park :P

Resulted in the little dude literaly putting his head through the windows

Posted Image

4 broken body mounts

Posted Image

But the most 'shocking' bit of damage (excuse the pun) was that i literaly sheared both ends of on of the shocks..!

Yep, sudden stops will do that. :)

Now as for the windscreen, you now have the perfect opportunity to clean up the side window and make it look like its open! The shock can be replaced and well those standard kit body mounts are next to useless anyway. Either get creative with some servo mounts or pick up a set of alloy replacements.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=370532805278

Then get back out and show that skate park who's boss!

Yep, sudden stops will do that. :)

Now as for the windscreen, you now have the perfect opportunity to clean up the side window and make it look like its open! The shock can be replaced and well those standard kit body mounts are next to useless anyway. Either get creative with some servo mounts or pick up a set of alloy replacements.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=370532805278

Then get back out and show that skate park who's boss!

I didnt think about that!! I can glue the windscreen in! Woop cheers dude!!

Shocks now fixed just the body mounts

I wont use alloy mounts though. If they do break id rather they broke then risk craxking or damaging the tub

Went a bit mad and bought yet another Lunchbox and a spare roller Pumpkin chassis last night - not 100% sure what I am going to do with them but the price was right and they were only a short drive from me. Still, I love this chassis so having 6 of them doesn't mean I have a problem... or does it?! lol :blink::lol:

• Like 3

I think my only problem is not enough shelf space for all these Lunchboxes! :) Better mix them up a bit too - the Boss might ask why I have so many of the same thing! lol

• Like 1

See all i own now is a scx10 crawler, my lunchbox, a helicopter and ive just ordered. Hobbyking swamp dawg boat and the mrs still says ive got to much. Ive just sold 3 nitro cars!

• Like 1

I think in the main my Mrs has given up and just lets me get on with it :D

• Like 3

Same here. My default answer is "no love, that's just a new body for the chassis"... It's not technically lying, it's more like a measured amount of truth... or at least that's what my solicitor advised me :D

• Like 3

Hehe - when she asked me where I was off to last night I just said "Going to pick up a cheap RC car - cant pass it up its so cheap" - which again wasn't lying, and when I was offered another chassis for a for a few extra quid while I was there it would have been rude to say no :D

Aaaaanway - back on track I will post pictures of said haul when I get home! :D

• Like 1

Ye do i wanna see! Never managed to find a lb cheep tbh. Everyone seems to know tgeyre worth money