sparkysx

Radio gear

I'm torn now because I will definitely buy the code 2.4 radio gear, but thinking it doesn't really matter if I replace the reciever in the 959 with a 2.4, will mean less excess stuff laying about, will a 2.4 be compatible with the servos on the 959? They are female plugs.

It also depends on how much spare receivers are.

I use Traxxas TQ1 transmitters and receivers both 4 channel and two channel transmitters with the 5 channel telemetry receivers because I use the sensors on some models and the transmitters have a iphone dock and running traxxas app you have loads of parameters you can set per model and lots of different models can be linked to one tranny.

Turn on and it just works! never had a single issue and I must have 15 receivers and three trannys

They are quite cheap too the last transmitter/receiver I bought was about £35 shipped and receivers are about 12-15 quid each

P.S. I may have a spare period transmitter for the 959....

I had the same problem a while back, as I was still using 27MHz. I went for this 2.4GHz setup and it's lovely. Fits with the old school Txs but soooo easy to use and you get a 15 model memory. Not to mention that third channel comes in handy for aux stuff such as lights etc ;)

postman_68.jpg

postman_69.jpg

The original Rxs are pretty dear at around £20 a pop but you can get these from Hobby King. Way cheeper and more sensible if you have a collection of car to swap out. A lot smaller too :D:D:D

postman_71.jpg

Are these available anywhere in the uk? I always have a nightmare dealing with hobbyking and they want a lot of money for posting as everything that I always need is never in stock in the uk warehouse.

I'm torn now because I will definitely buy the code 2.4 radio gear, but thinking it doesn't really matter if I replace the reciever in the 959 with a 2.4, will mean less excess stuff laying about, will a 2.4 be compatible with the servos on the 959? They are female plugs.

It also depends on how much spare receivers are.

What about putting the new tiny rx inside the vintage rx case. You can still use the same servos.

Are these available anywhere in the uk? I always have a nightmare dealing with hobbyking and they want a lot of money for posting as everything that I always need is never in stock in the uk warehouse.

I have to say I had no problems what so ever I was charged just over £6.00 for that little lot. This was my first order though.

Just as an aside what I do is have the Code for my runners but have a couple of period Accoms Techniplus Txs for the shelfers or ones that wan't to stay original. ;)

My recipe for collecting as a general rule is Re-res for runners originals for display or if re-res are not available two originals but the runner version gets the modern control gear ESC etc.

Takes all the hassle out of choosing for my very small brian :D

• Like 1

Will I get hit for import duties? and what option do I choose for postage?

Also how long will it take to arrive, roughly?

photo_zpsa4048a7d.jpg

Will I get hit for import duties? and what option do I choose for postage?

Also how long will it take to arrive, roughly?

photo_zpsa4048a7d.jpg

2 secs I asked the same question a while ago. I shall have look for it as I believe I went for the UK Direct channel...

Any luck finding out mate?

That's weird I re-posted :blink::blink::blink:

Anyway, Yes judging by the postage charge i must have gone for UK Direct channel. I know it all was fine anyway

I always use the cheapest option :lol: never had a problem, anything from 1 week to 4 weeks waiting, but it always arrives.

Officially you pay import tax on anything over 10GBP? I think?, but I have never been had so I don't know any more than that.

I think they mark it as a gift so you don't get caught out.

• Like 1

It's not the tax that's the problem, it's the "handling fee" of £13 or so, that you need to avoid.

Never happened to me, but it does happen.

A lot of sellers mark the item as a gift which avoids any charge.

All part of the import tax. They charge VAT at 20% plus a handling fee for the import company. The more secure and tracked a parcel is the more likely you will be hit by fees, this is because the likes of DHL like getting the handling fee where for low cost operators it is not worth the hassle

I had the same problem a while back, as I was still using 27MHz. I went for this 2.4GHz setup and it's lovely. Fits with the old school Txs but soooo easy to use and you get a 15 model memory. Not to mention that third channel comes in handy for aux stuff such as lights etc ;)

postman_68.jpg

postman_69.jpg

The original Rxs are pretty dear at around £20 a pop but you can get these from Hobby King. Way cheeper and more sensible if you have a collection of car to swap out. A lot smaller too :D:D:D

postman_71.jpg

Would you sell any of these mini receivers?

did you have to pay import charges, do you remember how long it took?

cheers B)

No extra charges for me just straight through, I think if took about a week :D

Would you sell any of these mini receivers?

I have use a lot to replace the rxs in most of my runners and have the couple left earmarked for new projects I am afraid.

Here is the post I made with the same sort of questions it maybe of help ;)

To be honest when I was was wondering about it I took a while and asked all the questions but in the end I just went for it :)

Mate I'm such a doughnut I have just re-read my original post and the 3100s are available through the UK warehouse, but you will need to back order them as they are out of stock at the moment!

Hobby King UK Link

I'll bite the bullet and order international, and if they F me about, I'll get my money back from paypal.

Just hit the grey back order button and you will be taken to the payment panel by the looks of it :)