sparkysx

Radio gear

I have to say I had no problems what so ever I was charged just over £6.00 for that little lot. This was my first order though.

Just as an aside what I do is have the Code for my runners but have a couple of period Accoms Techniplus Txs for the shelfers or ones that wan't to stay original. ;)

My recipe for collecting as a general rule is Re-res for runners originals for display or if re-res are not available two originals but the runner version gets the modern control gear ESC etc.

Takes all the hassle out of choosing for my very small brian :D

Took the plunge and ordered a couple of these from hobbyking! also ordered the core 2.4ghz stick set from modelsport.

• Like 3

Took the plunge and ordered a couple of these from hobbyking! also ordered the core 2.4ghz stick set from modelsport.

ws_shopping2.jpg

;)

Will those rx's work with the Etronix pro tx's. I think I read somewhere that Code and Etronix were basically the same units.

Steve.

Cheers for that info. I'll order a couple of rx's from hobbyking' s UK warehouse when they are back in stock.

Steve.

So I bought two HK3100 rx's from Hobbyking's UK warehouse to use with my Etronix Pro steering wheel TO as I believe they are the same as Core RC's TX's. I tested them on my test rig that contains an esc, servo, motor and a 7.2V stick pack. The first one worked perfectly with no issues great. The second one started ok but then the servo was slow to react to the steering wheel on my TX. Then it would unbind and then rebind by itself. Anyway the latter has been sent back to the UK warehouse under warranty and hopefully it will be replaced. But I have to say Wow they are so compact compared to the Core and Etronix rx's and just a little over £11 delivered each which took just two days and a third of the price of the Core and Etronix versions. Will definitely be buying more.

Steve.

• Like 1

I ordered three from the UK warehouse a couple of days ago. I will test them all to make sure they are ok

If you ordered through the international warehouse you might be waiting a while for parts to arrive. I waited almost a month for parts to arrive. I wasn't happy. Sometimes it's just quicker to back order something through the UK warehouse. Of course if the UK warehouse has the bits you want, you'll normally wait less than a week.

If you ordered through the international warehouse you might be waiting a while for parts to arrive. I waited almost a month for parts to arrive. I wasn't happy. Sometimes it's just quicker to back order something through the UK warehouse. Of course if the UK warehouse has the bits you want, you'll normally wait less than a week.

I ordered the both of them last Thursday evening from the UK warehouse (normal first class post 98p) and my postie delivered them on the Saturday morning. These are really small rx's and must surely be the best value for money rx's around. Their returns system on their website is awesome and you can track the progress of your RMA claim on line to. It also gives you the ability to print a returns label as well.

Steve.

I have several of them in various cars. I think I have eight bound to my Core handset, so room for more, and there will be :)

Small isn't the word

49861844972_decda7e601_o.jpg

If you're new to this set up, coming from old 27MHz systems with BEC, don't forget that this Rx doesn't have a BEC, so make sure you fit one or that your ESC is equipped with BEC circuitry.

• Like 1

I have several of them in various cars. I think I have eight bound to my Core handset, so room for more, and there will be :)

Small isn't the word

RecieverServo7.jpg

If you're new to this set up, coming from old 27MHz systems with BEC, don't forget that this Rx doesn't have a BEC, so make sure you fit one or that your ESC is equipped with BEC circuitry.

My test rig uses an etronix probe plus esc I'll have to check. My runners are fitted with either tamiya 105 BK esc ' s or hobbywing quicrun 1060 esc ' s. I though all modern rx's and/or esc ' s had BEC built in.

Steve.

I have several of them in various cars.  I think I have eight bound to my Core handset, so room for more, and there will be :)

Small isn't the word

Posted Image

I am wondering if I can house one of these and the ESC inside a small project box to waterproof them. An alloy one would be a good heat sink for the esc

My test rig uses an etronix probe plus esc I'll have to check. My runners are fitted with either tamiya 105 BK esc ' s or hobbywing quicrun 1060 esc ' s. I though all modern rx's and/or esc ' s had BEC built in.

Steve.

The 105BK and 1060 ESC's both have BEC circuits so will work fine with the HK3100 Rx and any other Rx you choose. Like I say, most ESC's are fitted with BEC and almost any large Rx (often beginner types) are fitted too. Not always the case, and the more professional you go, the less likely you'll find integrated components as it is assumed that an experienced user will want to fit their choice of equipment than be 'stuck' with what the manufacturer decides.

I am wondering if I can house one of these and the ESC inside a small project box to waterproof them. An alloy one would be a good heat sink for the esc

I would personally avoid holding the radio equipment in metal boxes, mostly to avoid interference or short circuits. Technically speaking, non conductive alloys should be okay, look at the RC10 buggy and most nitro buggies that use alloy pan chassis and what not. As for the ESC needing such a large heatsink... If that's the case, I would be looking at my gearing, motor and terrain in order to find a solution to keep the ESC cooler. The ESC's fitted heatsink and/or fan should be all it needs.

Core RC, Etronix and Tamco are all the same unit. I ended up buying the Tamco as it was around £15 cheaper at the time (though the name and logo aren't as cool as the Core RC). Its been faultless for me and I've run Tamco, Core and two different Hobby King receivers on the TX without issue.

I would personally avoid holding the radio equipment in metal boxes, mostly to avoid interference or short circuits.  Technically speaking, non conductive alloys should be okay, look at the RC10 buggy and most nitro buggies that use alloy pan chassis and what not.  As for the ESC needing such a large heatsink...  If that's the case, I would be looking at my gearing, motor and terrain in order to find a solution to keep the ESC cooler.  The ESC's fitted heatsink and/or fan should be all it needs.

I was thinking of keeping cool if housed in a waterproof box with no airflow. Interference would not be an issue if the aerial is on the outside and short circuits just need a gromett to avoid

raaarrrghhh! these still haven't arrived!

The 3100s? did you order them through the UK warehouse? Ordered mine from the UK on the 25th and they arrived on the 30th.

The 3100s? did you order them through the UK warehouse? Ordered mine from the UK on the 25th and they arrived on the 30th. 

Mine were about the same time from the UK warehouse, it might be worth sending them an email.

Nope, I ordered mine from HK before you ordered yours. They don't respond to the live chat and when they do they just copy and paste answers, so will give it a few more days then phone Paypal.

Nope, I ordered mine from HK before you ordered yours. They don't respond to the live chat and when they do they just copy and paste answers, so will give it a few more days then phone Paypal.

That sucks, have you tried live chat with the UK warehouse rather than the global one. The chap I spoke to regarding some questions I had was a little pre rehearsed if you know what I mean but still helpful.

Sorry for the delay mate, it's rubbish waiting on stuff and then not being able to at least talk to someone properly about it... :(

Hope they come soon sparky. There's nothing worse than waiting and waiting for things to arrive. :unsure: I'll be getting some of these receivers too eventually.

I've just ordered a code 2.4ghz transmitter from modelsport. I really like stick transmitters and needed to replace my old radio gear. Always been impressed with their customer service and delivery times.

• Like 1

I know it not nice waiting but it has only been 3 weeks since you ordered. It is quite common to wait 4 weeks or even more for stuff to arrive form HK.

• Like 1