Sign in to follow this  
GeekSpeed

Monster Beetle Body Options

Hi everyone!

Ok, so I got a Monster Beetle in trade the other day and am looking to do a nice resto-runner on it. I do like the beetle shell (as well as the Blackfoot and Brat shells), but they can be a bit pricey. I believe Parma makes some repro shells, as does Kamtec (but that is shipping across the pond for me). Soooo, I am wondering what you guys have used as shells that are not standard on the ORV truck chassis. I am, in particular, looking at a repro Kyosho High-Rider Vette shell. Anyone try that? What else have you tried?

Thanks as always.

GS

Hi Rider shell might work, but you'll want to come up with an engine to fit in the hole in the hood. Otherwise, any touring car body should work; the wheelbase is a bit short for them, but with some oversized wheel arches you can hide that. Or any pickup truck body designed for a Traxxas Stampede should fit. You can always go for a Blackfoot body (or Parma repro of it), or for that matter, a Tamiya Brat body to turn it into a Mud Blaster (lexan ones are pretty cheap).

If you want to go with a Bug body, don't be afraid to order from Kamtec. Shipping isn't that bad, and they are GREAT folks to do business with.

• Like 1