yellowcat

SRB Dual Shock Mount anyone?

Here is my template for the SRB Dual Rear Shock Mount. Just like my Butterfly Chassis, it is 1/1 scale in pdf file. Here is the Drop box link to my template artwork. When you open the link, if the create an account appears, you don't have to create an account. Just X it out and click download again and save in pdf file.

Dual Rear Shock Mount template HERE

Please select actual size in Adobe Reader when printing. The printed artwork rectangle is 5" X 7". Please use a ruler to measure the rectangle if it is exactly 5" X 7". This is to confirm the accuracy of your printer. If it is exactly 5" X 7" then the Shock mount template will be 1:1 scale. You need to pick up some 0.05 inch thick aluminum sheet (I prefer 0.064). The upper mounting tap is bended/folded to 90 degree at an angle. You need to bend one for the left and one for the right. So that both should be perpendicular straight when mounted onto the roll bar and the swing arm. If the tab is not quite 90 degrees after the bend, you can adjust by twisting the tab a bit. This shock mount is for the stock long front shocks. It is not for the rear short shock. This also may or may not work on the stock plastic body shell.

mount5_zps0c509964.jpg

IMG_3201_zpsfe25db2d.jpg

mount2_zpsf26f3b9f.jpg

mount9a_zps3036dae3.jpg

Fabricate a pair over the weekend.

Template mounted and cut out of a piece of .064 inch aluminum.

dual1a_zps5d06f3a2.jpg

Comparison between the aftermarket and the one that I finished. The aftermarket one is the thin one which is .0428 inch thick.

dual2a_zps7d411276.jpg

dual3a_zpsac41badb.jpg

Shock mount mounted on a Rough Rider roll bar.

dual5a_zpsf3757cff.jpg

Dual shocks mounted and it works.

dual6a_zps4ba14395.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow, they look so identical to one another, it is hard to tell which is which. It looks great to me and I think the work was well worth it as your version looks like it will stand up to more use?? Thanks for posting this.

Very nice work. Many thanks for the template. Will need to source suitable material.

Can I ask if you have tried it. Does the aluminium hold up to much abuse?

Thank you for all your comments! If I have more time, the next template will be a SRB sway bar and rear mono shock unit.

Very nice work. Many thanks for the template. Will need to source suitable material.

Can I ask if you have tried it. Does the aluminium hold up to much abuse?

The thin one is an after market item and it was popular during the early eighties with no problem. RCH had a similar item but it was for short rear shocks only and not for coil over.

dual%20shock%20mount5aRCH_zpsiu2kflmq.jp

I just beef up mine with a thicker piece of aluminum which I finished last weekend and I haven't got a chance to try it yet. You can also cut it out of a steel plate.

Here is a link to my Ford F150 with an updated design for bigger long single shock.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74924

• Like 1

Hello to  anyone out there...

I'd really like to get my hands on a set of dual shock  mounts for the Tamiya Sand Scorcher.  If any of  you have a set you'd like to sell, please drop me a line: montage303@yahoo.com (Matthew)