Avante2001R

Avante 2001/Top Force Evo

I really hope that these are the next ones to be re released.

Tamiya re released a 2001 Body set a year or so ago, hoping that leads to a kit being next.

Also the Top Force Evo, missed out first time around.. would be good to get one.

All that said there is an Avante 2001 for sale at $1995 on ebay! :o:wacko:

• Like 2

Yeah I pray for a TF Evo rere that would indeed be awesome for those of us not lucky enough to get a hold of one these days, it is growing on me a lot recently.

well with prices these days, its down to how much you would really want to part with it as a seller, as per Quandry said (which made me realise), its what he would be happy with and to tell the truth if I were to get shot of any of my pride and joys, I think I would be asking what some would think is silly prices as well lol. :) although at that price im sure there's space for negotiations lol

• Like 1

Such shelf values are what have kept anything remotely desirable out of my collection :P Would love a 2001 otherwise!

Not sure if the 2001 will ever come out again as a kit (would they really re-release other parts like the white Cam-Locs when everything is available with the Egress?), but I have to wonder if a nice round model number may see the Top Force or its Evolution become part of the speculation for a future release...

That $1 995 ($2 300+ in Canada) Avante 2001 is being sold by a TC member too, I believe.

A top force Evo ReRe would rock! :) but who knows maybe there will be a 'Black Special' Top Force??? :o

The Avante 2001 body set fits on the rere Avante right? if so then that's probably Big T's way of making a Re Re Avante 2001. I know it's not the same, but that's probably their thinking on it. Who knows how they figure these things out, it could be based on:

* Perceived fairness

* JDM demand

* International demand

* Ability to re-use parts - or maybe ability to use up old overstocked parts?

* Decisions taken on a whim

* Something else?

BTW, I did a quick google to see what Tamiya has released in the way of 'Black Special'. They seem to use that term quite a bit with their little mini cars, but in terms of 1/10 RC what I could find was:

* Avante Black Special

* F104 Black Special

* Landcruiser CC01 Black Special

* Hornet Metallic Black Special

* Flame suite on * I think the last two are a ruse, probably unintended translation from Japanese to English as they are probably just coloured Black as opposed to being a 'balls out' variant of the original kit.

I have most of the bits to turn my old Avante 2001 which is now an Egress back into an Avante except for the wheels, front bumper, beefier tie rods, shorter steering plate and front suspension mount.

Can only hope I guess for a re re 2001.

I think a TF EVO is possibly the only re release that could sway me.

The original was ridiculous money when I was a kid - and very few were sold in australia in reality.

The Avante 2001 body set fits on the rere Avante right?

Not sure about the re re as I don't have one to try it, but a 2001 body wouldn't fit on a vintage avante without a bit (lot) of chopping.

I assume the vintage/re re body mounts are in the same location?

The undertray definitely does not fit on the re-re Avante since that has a shorter wheelbase than the 2001 and Egress which the new bodyset was meant to encase. The re-release is similar enough to the original mechanically for Wez-li's assertion to hold true.

And what is so wrong about the translation for the Landcruiser and Hornet? They are pre-painted, which makes them special, and the chosen colour is black. Same thing worked for the Candy Green Grasshopper...

... snip ...

And what is so wrong about the translation for the Landcruiser and Hornet? They are pre-painted, which makes them special, and the chosen colour is black. Same thing worked for the Candy Green Grasshopper...

I just meant that the Black Special Avante and F104 respectively were loaded with upgrades / carbon etc making them more 'racey', whereas the Hornet and Landcruiser (I'm guessing because I don't own them) have aesthetic tweaks and happen to be coloured black. Tamiya has used the same terminology for two different meanings.

I really hope that these are the next ones to be re released.

Tamiya re released a 2001 Body set a year or so ago, hoping that leads to a kit being next.

Also the Top Force Evo, missed out first time around.. would be good to get one.

All that said there is an Avante 2001 for sale at $1995 on ebay! :o:wacko:

Are you looking for a NIB? For a restoration project you just need to be patient. I picked mine up for about 100 Euro 2 years ago. It did take me alot of time collecting the parts to restore it and i wasn't successfull with body and decals until the they re-released it but since they re-released the Egress, getting spares shouldn't be much of an issue.

No not at all. Just looking to convert my Avante 2001 which I turned to an Egress back into an Avante 2001. Just missing a few bits mainly the White camlock wheels.

No not at all. Just looking to convert my Avante 2001 which I turned to an Egress back into an Avante 2001. Just missing a few bits mainly the White camlock wheels.

Well, that is about the only thing i am missing on mine. I have come accross some but not willing to pay gold for them. The hopup white light-weight wheels make a worthly alternative.

What other bits you need?

I just managed to buy one, saw it and didn't hesitate complete with Hi Caps, a Dynatech 02H, CRP unit and Adspec? radio gear. Shelf model non used. I didn't pay silly money for it either.

• Like 2

I just managed to buy one, saw it and didn't hesitate complete with Hi Caps, a Dynatech 02H, CRP unit and Adspec? radio gear. Shelf model non used. I didn't pay silly money for it either.

Great stuff! Where did you find it?

I love my 2001, prefer it to the original.

On ebay. Not the one for $1995.

The 2001 is a lot nice looking, when I bought mine I didn't follow box art wish I had done, painted it half green front and fading to white.

Read the whole thread, love that paint job. Quick question, though I never had issues with masking in the past, but buying some Tamiya tape, what tape width is good to use on curves such as the canope/windows? 6mm?

I use Tamiya 6mm tape for contour masking since its fine structure will result in a sharp masking contour and to fill up the biggers surfaces in between with not too many odd shapes and curves i use standard Tesa 12mm masking tape.

• Like 1

I was thinking about this last night. If Big T did come through with the goods and re-re'd the epic kits, what price would they sell for?

After taking a peruse of the 'classic cars' prices at Tamico.de (22 Jan 2015) this is what I found:

Grasshopper €89
Blitzer Beetle €149

TA02 F150 €159
Hotshot €199
Super Hotshot €239
Fighting Buggy 2014 €279
Buggy Champ 2009 €339
Vajra €349
Egress 2013 €359
Mountain Rider 2014 €489
Bruiser 2012 €579

It is worth noting that Tamico (along with Seidel), have very competitive pricing in Europe and all of these Euro prices include VAT. UK sellers would probably be more expensive than this and in Sterling, however for the purpose of comparison here is my thinking.

From this list we can see that Tamiya's cars range from double digits up to €579. It is not inconceiveable that they would sell a new model higher than €579 but it is unlikely given the fact that most people consider them to be 'Toys' not collectors items on the shelf. Some 2WD cars sell for in excess of €300, but this is the more technical / quality kits that have a lot of metal/frp as opposed to plastic chassis etc. In general 4WD cars are priced higher than 2WD cars presumably due to the higher parts count/complexity but also due to the perceived improvement of 4WD over 2WD.

The closest cousin to the Avante 2001 is the Egress at €359. It seems likely that Tamiya would stake a ReRe Avante 2001 at around that cost - maybe slightly higher due to the 'collector appeal' so lets say €389.

The closest cousin to the Top Force Evo is the F150 at €159 however this is not an ideal comparison. The F150 is a 'plastic tub' model with only a single ball diff in the rear and a lot of weak plastic parts. It's a great kit for what it is, but it's no race car. There's probably a €150 premium to 'move up' to FRP chassis with a few metal bits - let's say it could be a possibility that a Top Force (standard, not Evo) could come in at the F150 price + €150 and some change. My guess a Top Force ReRe would be pegged at €329. If that is the case then the Top Force Evo that is loaded with a lot of Carbon goodies, lightweight diffs etc etc would likely come in at €529 at just under twice the price but still sitting under the 'theoretical ceiling' of €579.

That's my thoughts, what do you think?

Edit: Additionally, the prices I am guessing are the Euro discount prices. Tamiya's RRP prices are typically listed as slightly higher. US vendors will have a whole different view on it in USD.

Something I did notice earlier. An Egress at Radshape RC is £357 vs €334 or £256 at Seidel. That's a massive difference in price.

I would say for the evo your looking close to egress money if not the same, the Avante 01 (which I doubt will get a rere) prol just a tad more then a fighting buggy, although again I would see no use of them re re the 01, I don't think it was a epic enough buggy to get a rere hence the 01 body for the egress coming out - I think that's about all we will see from the 01.

I think your 579 is possible but I think were talking release day Tamiya usa pricing, not Stella etc etc pricing.

just got to wait and cross fingers and toes I guess.

• Like 1

I just bought a Mountain Rider from Siedel and with shipping it was less than a £15 more expensive than RCMart. Gets here 3 weeks quicker and will never be done by customs. It's a no brainer for me.

• Like 1

It seems odd to me that for the last couple months there has been a lot of Top Force activity on ebay, maybe word leaked that the Top Force and Top Force Evo are going to be released and owners of the original kits are trying to cash in before the rere's are back on the shelves.

• Like 1

Looks like we will wait and see if you prove correct ;) That being said, there was a time when plenty of Blazing Blazers were getting moved and we have yet to see a re-release... Not to be ruled out either, though!

• Like 1